I Love My Black/blue Caanoo! :)

Jengo

Website
Visit site
Ever since i got my caanoo i have been neglecting the rest of my video game collection, i just love this thing! Its so aesthetically pleasing and it feels like a real quality product! Oh and the joystick doesnt bother me at all, in fact i love it! It works surprisingly good! :)

If you still have a wiz i recommend the upgrade, it feels like a brand new system and the way it feels in your hands is much more comfortable. It also doesnt feel like its going to break very easily it feels sturdy and durable, no cheap plastic or cheap manufacturing, feels like real quality! :)

The screen problem isnt as bad as some people say, if you slightly tilt the caanoo you can see all the pixels just fine, but you really never have to tilt it because you dont really even notice (and im usually OCD about my handhelds BTW)

Sound quality is amazing when i play my MP3s, and i love how loud and clean the speakers are, they really do sound loud. When i plug in my headphones the bass reproduction and volume level are superior to my psp and dsi XL, as a pretty big audiophile i really do enjoy the sound quality from this product.

I really love this little machine! Thanks GPH, and thank you even more to this awesome community for making this handheld even better!!! :)

YOU GUYS ROCK!! DONT FORGET IT! :)

It's good to hear you like it. I have a GP2X and have considered upgrading it to a Caanoo, because it has many issues now due to extended use. Still love my GP2X, even with all the flaws it had. Such a shame I am a bit short of resources to buy a Caanoo right now...

Jengo said:
[...] it feels sturdy and durable, no cheap plastic or cheap manufacturing, feels like real quality! :)
But it's not? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my Caanoo for a week now, and I love it!
Heh it's sitting on my desk at work pumping out music while the picture slide show plays.

Going to get another one (white this time) for the wife since she loves it as much as I.

I second Jengo's comment that the community rocks, and how fast people are porting things and making things better is just amazing. Thank you :D

totally love my caanoo as well, I take it everywhere... it's just a smidge away from being absolutely perfect though....

my little wishlist
-GBA and PSX emulator
-overclocking option for all the emulators
-a common frontend for all the emulators (picklelauncher) =D
-a standard button config I for start II for select home for menu
-a standard button config for abxy/NSEW x always is South most button

build quality is A+ top notch, and love the analog stick

Have to agree.

I love my Caanoo!

I'm extremely glad that I bought it. I use it any chance I get. I find myself sitting at my computer playing SNES and Genesis games when I could easily just play them on the PC on a 26" monitor... somehow I actually prefer having them on the Caanoo now. ;)

yep i agree with you all the caanoo is a great bit of gear and its at that honey moon period where its new and almost every day there's something new for it :)

As said great build quality looks great and works really well, last gph product i bought was a gp32 and its still running very well.

paul3100

The spirit of the Caanoo is definitely what defines this community. I'm really glad you guys are enjoying your units.

Whew! So nice hearing all this great stuff! I too have the Wiz but likely will be picking up my Blue Caanoo tomorrow from he post office! Now I am really looking forward to it! :p

I'm glad that after the shock and prejudice from the Caanoo announcement and specs, there are people that still enjoy their Caanoo.

I just got mine yesterday. Very happy with it. The analog stick is great, the gravity sensor is fun, touchscreen works well, USB works. Aesthetically, it reminds me of my old LYNX which I still have a soft spot for, a LYNX emulator would top it off.

I'm really surprised by the build quality, this could be a machine made by Sony or Nintendo. The moulding and part fit are spot on, compared to my GP2X its leaps ahead, and I liked the 2X.
The interface is a surprise too; modern, clean and quick and nice to use, a huge leap from the GP2X's fairly basic interface.

The only thing lacking now is a comparable software library, but give it time.
It may even motivate me to contribute something.

Reo said:
I'm glad that after the shock and prejudice from the Caanoo announcement and specs, there are people that still enjoy their Caanoo.

Honestly, I don't think many people who knew what they were buying will have been disappointed with the Caanoo. Many of the complaints I've heard have been pretty inconsequential to my mind, i.e. the outward facing speakers, non-OLED screen etc. None of those aspects have damaged my enjoyment at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back