Ordered My Caanoo!

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey guys.

Just as a way to gauge how many in our community are hopping onto the Caanoo train, I thought I'd create this thread for you guys to let us know when you've ordered, oh and where. And of course any other gritty details you'd wish to share.

Do it.

OK, here we go:

White Caanoo with gamepack, ordered 6. July of course from EvilDragon's shop here in Germany... :)

What's with you, Nova? Akaik you get one donated from GPH for your blog?

Yep, GPH send me a review unit on the provision I give it a decent review and continued coverage for it's lifespan. No idea what colour I'll be getting.

Did you order the game pack?

Yeah. But no WiFi stick. I hope the stick I use for my Wiz will work with the Caanoo, too.
Nice blog, btw. Very informative and well written. :)

I'm just waiting for the GP2X store here in the states to start preorders, sent them an e-mail to find out when. I'd order it from ED's shop if shipping wasn't so much. And Play-Asia doesn't offer the wifi pack which is what I want.

quote said:
^ Try one of these? :)

And I'm going to order from ED in a week or so, when I get my monies.

But Caanoo doesn't offer much difference to gp2x wiz. It have the same CPU power, perhaps a little bit more RAM but you can do everything on a 64 MB RAM that you would do on a 128 MB. The Playstation 2 have only 64 MB of RAM and look at how awesome it's game titles are..., it have exactly the same CPU speed, you would think they would buff it up a little to 800 Mhz, this way running emulators on it would be worth it. At least we can run PSX better than 533 MHz CPU speed as an example....just adding a little bit vibration effect and change of the case does not make it better than the Wiz. If you are going to do buy the caannoo for silly improvements why not develop on the Wiz instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's overclockable to 800Mhz :).

Please, explain:

Wot is the difference between:
3D Graphic Acceleration

3D GPU

Thanks

SaS

:SaS:*rbusa said:
Please, explain:

3D Graphic Acceleration

3D GPU

Thanks

SaS

Nothing.

But i have also a question: What the the screen resolution of the Caanoo (320x240?) ?

SiENcE said:
Please, explain:

3D Graphic Acceleration

3D GPU

Thanks

SaS

Nothing.

But i have also a question: What the the screen resolution of the Caanoo (320x240?) ?

Caanoo is Wiz, no difference, they sprinkled little bit more RAM here and add some vibration feature and little trivial features here and there.

foody said:
Caanoo is Wiz, no difference, they sprinkled little bit more RAM here and add some vibration feature and little trivial features here and there.
You've already said that.
Please keep this conversation to another thread. This thread is for talking about and announcing Caanoo orders, mmkay?

quote said:
foody said:
Does someone tink it would be possible to give Wiz 64 Megs swap to have 128 Megs RAM ? :p

SaS

quote said:
foody said:
Does someone tink it would be possible to give Wiz 64 Megs swap to have 128 Megs RAM ? :p

SaS

All what Caanoo is doing is redirecting the programmers away from Wiz to reprogramming the same software that we have on gp2x and wiz consoles instead of spending the programmer's time making a new software for the Wiz. It is a vicious cycle it seems.

I kept telling you that you don't need that extra 64 MB, not worth it enough to spend a 150 for a whole new console. PS2 is a proof example you can do a lot with 64 MB of RAM.

foody said:
quote said:
foody said:

SaS

All what Caanoo is doing is redirecting the programmers away from Wiz to reprogramming the same software that we have on gp2x and wiz consoles instead of spending the programmer's time making a new software for the Wiz. It is a vicious cycle it seems.

I kept telling you that you don't need that extra 64 MB, not worth it enough to spend a 150 for a whole new console. PS2 is a proof example you can do a lot with 64 MB of RAM.

Ack.

Even the 32mb on Dingoo a320 is enough for most Emulators. And now with Dingux and a Swap Kernel, you can incease this for additional 32mb.

quote said:
foody said:

SaS

nope, if you notice in the circuit board pictures there are 2 memory chips.

foody said:
But Caanoo doesn't offer much difference to gp2x wiz. It have the same CPU power, perhaps a little bit more RAM but you can do everything on a 64 MB RAM that you would do on a 128 MB. The Playstation 2 have only 64 MB of RAM and look at how awesome it's game titles are..., it have exactly the same CPU speed, you would think they would buff it up a little to 800 Mhz, this way running emulators on it would be worth it. At least we can run PSX better than 533 MHz CPU speed as an example....just adding a little bit vibration effect and change of the case does not make it better than the Wiz. If you are going to do buy the caannoo for silly improvements why not develop on the Wiz instead?

PS2 only has 32MB of RAM, which probably better illustrates your point. I doubt 128MB is that much in demand for Wiz level hardware but it will at least make some ports easier.

Back