Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

lol, I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's the gaming handheld I've been looking for my entire life.

The shield is to gaming as the pandora is to personal computing and vise versa, the pandora's gaming experience is about as good as the shield's personal computing experience. (total gaming, not just emulators)

I've been asked to do an update on some videos for emulators since android 4.3 and the ppsspp and dolphin updates and revisit drastic since the UI and feature changes. (dolphin still unplayable) so should have a video or two up within the week.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/630733/general-discussion/attn-snesfan/

Last edited by a moderator:
So my shield died today, not sure what happened but I was in the middle of streaming some Fallout: New Vegas (awesome) and it abruptly powered off. Attempted to charge it for several hours and it won't hold a charge.

My beloved has gone to sleep never to awaken again. We had a good run... :sniff:

*hums dust in the wind*

You're my boy blue!!!

nvidia's overnight'ing me another one, should have it by tuesday.

EDIT:... and I'm probably going to be a little late on those videos.

*hums dust in the wind*

You're my boy blue!!!
:lol: ^

WOW, great customer service. I haven't heard any negatives in that area so far, and it seems to still be true months after release. Sad your unit died, but a replacement that quick really can't be beat.

Chris

I've only heard of one other person saying they had the same problem. Doesn't appear to be wide spread.

But yea, can't beat that RMA process, they are sending me a new one and I send back the broken one on their dime

Nice!  I've hardly used mine.  Just hope it won't die when I put on heavy use.  And just hope that when it dies, say a year or two from now, NVIDIA will still replace it for free.  Doubt it though as they are just trying to gain some traction in the handheld-gaming industry, once they've got some traction, I don't think they will give a shit just like any other big companies :)

Think it might actually have been something in the new 64 update. They didn't go into details as to what it covered. But someone said they were seeing some weird charging behavior after the update. Not a whole lot more have responded saying they seen issues but its worth noting it may be software related.

Looks like there's going to be a Black Friday special on the Nvidia Shield, got this email about it today:-> http://shield.nvidia.com/black-friday-teaser
Yeah, this deal is through Nvidia's site, or so it seems. Amazon has it Black Friday also. http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&node=8021566011&tag=thrinerd-20

This may be a similar deal(or one in the same), or not related at all. Nvidia seems to be promoting a "bundle" deal, and they say more info coming 3 hours before the Amazon deal, so they may be related, time will tell I guess. Originally on Amazon it was listed for Monday night/Tuesday morning, and then it change last minute to BF, so the deal may be linked.

My shield just came in the mail today, and immediately after I got that mail too. 
WOW, that sucks. It seems to be a bundle deal, and some times those aren't that great. They might be charging 300, but you get a case and some free games. I'm not sure I would jump in on a deal like that. Now, if they offer it for 200-250 and throw in some extra's, It's a done deal :lol:

Chris

Oh well, I bought a gtx 770 to take advantage of the 3 free games and the 100 dollars off shield. So I got a good bundle anyway. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 770 yet. Might keep might resell after the holidays.

Back