Nubs: 100% Success! (2010 - 11 - 21)

Sorry, I don't gamble. But if you win, you'll get a free copy of my BASIC interpreter for Pandora :p

What's your queue position, and who with? I'm at 400-500 with Craig, and I don't think I'll get mine before christmas. If you're lower than me, then there's a slim chance you may get yours I suppose :)

D.
600 or 700 with Craig :) As usual I am optimistic, I haven't changed.

Nice to see that it is going on another step. That means I see a repaired nub on my pandora when? Before christmas, or does the building of new units have priority before broken ones get served?

EDIT: Mine is from ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that it is going on another step. That means I see a repaired nub on my pandora when? Before christmas, or does the building of new units have priority before broken ones get served?

no offense but I hope those yet to receive theirs have priority at least until batch one is done

no offense but I hope those yet to receive theirs have priority at least until batch one is done

Given that people have already had their pandoras replaced with new units at the expense of those who have been waiting, I suspect that getting the RMAs out the way will be given a much higher priority. To be honest, I don't see any new Pandoras being released to waiting customers who haven't already received one until long after christmas - these 200 nubs (well, 170) equate to 85 new Pandoras, bump that down to 60 for problems further down the line, and all of those will be sent out to people who have issues with the screen/case cracking/nubs etc.

Trust me folks, OPT can't get them out to you this year. They've set a precedent, and people who have already had a chance to play on a Pandora will take priority over those of us that haven't.

D.

Well, at least you have one nub, I have none!(I haven't gotten my Pandora yet)

I feel bad for ya but until they have enough nubs to make all of batch one I think replacements should be put on hold. Once they have enough, which would be a few days it sounds like, then maybe ED will get a bunch and start accepting units for repair. Or is that done in the UK?

Given that people have already had their pandoras replaced with new units at the expense of those who have been waiting, I suspect that getting the RMAs out the way will be given a much higher priority. To be honest, I don't see any new Pandoras being released to waiting customers who haven't already received one until long after christmas - these 200 nubs (well, 170) equate to 85 new Pandoras, bump that down to 60 for problems further down the line, and all of those will be sent out to people who have issues with the screen/case cracking/nubs etc.

Trust me folks, OPT can't get them out to you this year. They've set a precedent, and people who have already had a chance to play on a Pandora will take priority over those of us that haven't.

D.
Well I see no problem in rma's for anything OTHER than nubs having priority. The pandora should work just fine without nubs at least for a bit. They should have extra parts on hand already for most everything else right?

My one and only concern with this situation is the people who knowingly bought Pandoras with bad nubs. They jumped ahead of everyone in line, then they would be holding up the line they jumped in front of again getting their nubs fixed.

D.
I don't think they'll send out new units to replace RMA, they'll fix the defective units. What will they do with the broken units? Trash them? By law they can not sell them as new so they'll fix them for whoever they belong to. I know I don't want a unit someone else has already owned, I paid for a new one, not one that someone broke. Also, he was asking about a nub, not a screen, I think getting the rest of batch one is a priority over one nub or even two. A borked screen could have been fixed before this point so that is a different matter and can be fixed at the same time they assemble the new units.

EDIT: Yeah, it is ubsurd to send out brand new units to those who have defective units, you can send the broken units out as new units because THEY ARE NOT NEW, they are refurbished units. I know you can't even sell something as new here in the US unless the customer has returned an unopened box. If the box is opened you have to sell it as a used item or an open box item at a reduced price. If it is like this in the UK and Europe then it is better to fix units rather than just replace them with the new ones that they'll assemble this December.

This is the best news I've seen all month! THANK YOU ED!!!!

Working Nubs for everyone! Yay!! Can't wait until Batch 2 ships!

Would it be possible to put together an actual calendar as a timeline on the website somewhere (for us visual people who don't understand written dates)? Or would that be more misleading than useful, as dates are always subject to change? (Dates with uncertainties would be awesome!)

This is the best news I've seen all month! THANK YOU ED!!!!

Working Nubs for everyone! Yay!! Can't wait until Batch 2 ships!

Would it be possible to put together an actual calendar as a timeline on the website somewhere (for us visual people who don't understand written dates)? Or would that be more misleading than useful, as dates are always subject to change? (Dates with uncertainties would be awesome!)

I'm new here, but I think I've gotten the hang of things. The date-uncertainty seems to be understood as specifically Two Months.

Any word on the case front?

How about that Electrosparkle finish those folks were testing on the case vs. paint?

Thanks!

D.
If this is the case, then to hell with it. It's now more than six months after I was told it would be less than a month.

They shouldn't have been released until they were all made. That way there wouldn't be people waiting this long for them to arrive, even though we waited until the bugger was shipping before ordering.

Well, whatever, anyway. I'm beginning to lose interest. I can't see myself ever owning the one I ordered, and I can't see myself actually wanting one for much longer. I can see myself asking for my money back rather soon, though.

If this is the case, then to hell with it. It's now more than six months after I was told it would be less than a month.

They shouldn't have been released until they were all made. That way there wouldn't be people waiting this long for them to arrive, even though we waited until the bugger was shipping before ordering.

Well, whatever, anyway. I'm beginning to lose interest. I can't see myself ever owning the one I ordered, and I can't see myself actually wanting one for much longer. I can see myself asking for my money back rather soon, though.
If they waited for them all to be made they might have missed how many nubs were broken as it was only after some use that alot of them went bad,

Have to agree with all of this.

I think that they believe by throwing us scraps of info that it will keep us hanging on in there, well it does to some extent but it also adds to the frustration.

Starting to think that I made a big mistake paying out nearly £300 for something that does not exist, well to the public anyway, well hardly, was a BIG mistake.

Going to give it until maybe next February then pull out.

Have to agree with all of this.

I think that they believe by throwing us scraps of info that it will keep us hanging on in there, well it does to some extent but it also adds to the frustration.

Starting to think that I made a big mistake paying out nearly £300 for something that does not exist, well to the public anyway, well hardly, was a BIG mistake.

Going to give it until maybe next February then pull out.

Well I have one, and it was well worth it. Please remember this is a small company they dont have resources and money to throw around. The delays are mostly because of third party companies who apparently dont think much of small companies. This still is a very unique endeavor I hope OPT is able to iron out all these kinks and stock the devices. All of you complaining about not getting it shouldnt have pre-ordered it anyway, its a risk that comes with pre-orders.

Well I have one, and it was well worth it. Please remember this is a small company they dont have resources and money to throw around. The delays are mostly because of third party companies who apparently dont think much of small companies. This still is a very unique endeavor I hope OPT is able to iron out all these kinks and stock the devices. All of you complaining about not getting it shouldnt have pre-ordered it anyway, its a risk that comes with pre-orders.

Hi Ya

I wish to retract my post as what you say is quite correct.

If they waited for them all to be made they might have missed how many nubs were broken as it was only after some use that alot of them went bad,
This and there are quite a few devs that have gotten theirs and have gotten more things ready. When someone gets one now it will have way more working stuff on it then when the first few got theirs.

Sorry for my absence the last week, internet failed, anyway, we're waiting with units for these new boards, as soon as they arrive we can build the next consoles surprisingly quickly as we have eliminated so many steps and test procedures now (ie nubs etc.).

Will post more again once I catch up with everything.

Back