Now They Hacked Rlyeh's Site :(

Today I purchased a new construction house :). It's in a subdivision that had a pool the size of an amusement park wave pool, and an 86' waterslide :D

To celebrate, i'm having a rib-eye steak dinner at Smith & Wollenskys- the best steak you'll ever have in your life.

I'll let you poor saps know how it is.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 29 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
Today I purchased a new construction house :). It's in a subdivision that had a pool the size of an amusement park wave pool, and an 86' waterslide :D

To celebrate, i'm having a rib-eye steak dinner at Smith & Wollenskys- the best steak you'll ever have in your life.

The best steak I've ever had in my life are the ones I make. Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Sep 29 2006 at 10:12 PM said:

The best steak I've ever had in my life are the ones I make. Seriously.
negative. these are 100% the best ribeyes you'll ever have.

but yea some good ol fashioned webber grilled steaks roxxor

Sigh the rich. :(

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 29 2006 at 10:46 PM said:

- Alex
what makes you think my house was expensive?

sensible GP32 posted on Sep 29 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
Sizzling rice soup <--- i would like to know more about this
It's a chinese soup (most restaurants here have it). The broth is similar to chicken broth, and there's diced chicken, shrimp, water chestnuts and mushrooms in there, as well as little green onions. Then you pour rice on top while it's still boiling hot and it 'sizzles'. Sounds like rice krispies.

Epicenter posted on Sep 28 2006 at 02:41 PM said:
Right, attacking the people who freed you from the rule of a ruthless dictator is 'fighting for your own freedom' when you're having freedom handed to you on a silver platter? That sort of behavior promotes anarchy, which leads to forced order by a new warlord-- the story of Saddam's rise to power all over again.

You need to lay off of Fox news, Shaun Hannity, Ann coulter and all of the other neoconservative sources of lies.. I mean "news" you seem to get your info from. Of course since the republican party influences almost everything now it is hard.

Freeing from a ruthless dictator? I though it was getting rid of Saddam's WMD? Oh yeah they had to make up something when they didn't find any WMD.

It is like this.

If China all of a sudden said "you know Bush is an asshole. He plundered the US treasury, manipulated energy prices to make his pals richer, has sent thousands of its citizens to their deaths in an illegal war, and stifled real science in favor of religeous fanaticism. WE think we need to "free" the Americans from the evil Bush. We also happen to think communism is much better than democracy. It works for us. " We Chinese should invade the US, remove Bush and force communism on them, it is for their own good."

Would you just welcome them with flowers when their ships hit our shores and their tanks rolled through our streets because it is for our "own good"? Or would you FIGHT them with any weapon you could get or improvised bomb you could make?

Your political views aside, the majority of resistance is foreign fighters who came to Iraq and/or Afghanistan to further their cause, or because they're stupid kids with no idea what to do with their live who were brainwashed into doing so. They believe they're fighting for a cause, and that cause is ridiculous-- if you've read into it, there are plans for Islamic domination of the globe. It's missing quite a few steps, and reads a lot like this:
#1, start a war between Christians and Muslims.
#2 ......
#3, World domination by Islamic law!

... and somehow, blowing yourself up in a crowded marketplace and killing a lot of innocent people aids that cause. Right ... most Iraqis would rather just go about their life, and if they didn't mind Saddam's rule which was ruthless and authoritarian, there's no reason they should mind the new government which only gives them MORE freedoms-- including something I don't take for granted-- being able to speak out against the government without 'disappearing'.

Furthermore, I know we didn't invade to spread freedom and democracy-- the reasoning WAS WMD, but we had every reason to believe Iraq had them. They refused to allow inspection of their facilities-- UN Inspectors would be allowed in after enormous delays to find computers with formatted hard drives, for example. Chemical weapons had already been used against us in the past, papers showed Iraq working to develop them further, along with loads of chemical gear and what appear to be mobile chemical weapons development labs. We even found aluminum centrifuge equipment used to refine uranium buried in the ground. Sure, we turned out not to find real completed WMDs. However, I still support Saddam and his government's removal. This is a government that killed hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of their own people just to prove a point, or just to test their stockpile of nerve agents. Just because it happened long ago doesn't mean it didn't happen, and that justice should not be served.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 29 2006 at 11:12 PM said:

- Alex
I was talking about the food ;)

- Alex

Epicenter posted on Sep 30 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
Your political views aside, the majority of resistance is foreign fighters who came to Iraq and/or Afghanistan to further their cause, or because they're stupid kids with no idea what to do with their live who were brainwashed into doing so. They believe they're fighting for a cause, and that cause is ridiculous-- if you've read into it, there are plans for Islamic domination of the globe. It's missing quite a few steps, and reads a lot like this:
#1, start a war between Christians and Muslims.
#2 ......
#3, World domination by Islamic law!

... and somehow, blowing yourself up in a crowded marketplace and killing a lot of innocent people aids that cause. Right ... most Iraqis would rather just go about their life, and if they didn't mind Saddam's rule which was ruthless and authoritarian, there's no reason they should mind the new government which only gives them MORE freedoms-- including something I don't take for granted-- being able to speak out against the government without 'disappearing'.

Furthermore, I know we didn't invade to spread freedom and democracy-- the reasoning WAS WMD, but we had every reason to believe Iraq had them. They refused to allow inspection of their facilities-- UN Inspectors would be allowed in after enormous delays to find computers with formatted hard drives, for example. Chemical weapons had already been used against us in the past, papers showed Iraq working to develop them further, along with loads of chemical gear and what appear to be mobile chemical weapons development labs. We even found aluminum centrifuge equipment used to refine uranium buried in the ground. Sure, we turned out not to find real completed WMDs. However, I still support Saddam and his government's removal. This is a government that killed hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of their own people just to prove a point, or just to test their stockpile of nerve agents. Just because it happened long ago doesn't mean it didn't happen, and that justice should not be served.
Look, you are extremely intelligent when it comes to technology, but apparently not politics. The "freedom fighters" I am talking about aren't the people who blows themselves up in the middle of a street. The current government in Iraq is a joke, full of kurds and Iranis. They are only trying to get their country back from foreigners. This "Islamic law" you speak of is being set up by America(possibly unknowingly ;) ). Extremists are now in power in Iraq, and al-quaeda moved into Iraq after the war started. Most muslims don't want to start a war with the west, but they are being pushed to the limit. Things like the Prophet's cartoons and the Pope's comments make it harder for muslims to respect the west.

Oh, and the WMD's...did you know that the American army has been using depleted uranium shells in the tanks(the radiation from this lasts 45 billion years, so I don't know what kind of "future" america wants for us ;) )? They have also used(i believe it is called)MK-77, which is pretty much the same as napalm and they used white phosphorus which burns skin on contact even through protective clothing. Unfortunately, innocents are not immune to this. ;) The only things close to "WMD's" that they have found are shells and missiles used against iran in the Iran-Iraq conflict.

The point is that the world does not need a bully, because at one point it will snap and fight back.

Alex. posted on Sep 30 2006 at 09:45 AM said:

- Alex

- Alex

Ok, but you also underlined the details about my house. So, once again: what makes you think my house was expensive?

OMars posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:15 AM said:
Look, you are extremely intelligent when it comes to technology, but apparently not politics.
Oh, this coming from the guy who takes most of Loose Change as gospel. I can tell already this is going to be fun. I'll thank you for the first half of that comment, though.

OMars posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:15 AM said:
The "freedom fighters" I am talking about aren't the people who blows themselves up in the middle of a street. The current government in Iraq is a joke, full of kurds and Iranis. They are only trying to get their country back from foreigners.
Now you're just talking in circles. You were talking about 'freedom fighters' attacking coalition troops, you made no mention of the new government, or the foundations of it, anyway. Also, how is an Irani fighting to get 'their country' back from foreigners? If I'm not mistaken, Iranis .. are .. from .. Iran. :eek:

Oh, and the WMD's...did you know that the American army has been using depleted uranium shells in the tanks(the radiation from this lasts 45 billion years, so I don't know what kind of "future" america wants for us ;) )?
I've heard mixed reports on its half-life, from 4.5 billion to 713 Million years. No need concerning ourselves that far in the future, suffice to say 'it's a long time'. The real risks of cancer or other ill health effects from limited exposure to DU remain in doubt. Unless you're rubbing yourself down with depleted uranium or eating it, it does not appear that there is a good reason for you to be harmed significantly by it. Secondly, the country is not peppered with these shells. And if I'm not mistaken, they're being phased out, or have already been. Thirdly, the level of radiation from a DU shell is nowhere near that of say, a dirty bomb or the detonation of an actual nuclear device. It's not even close. If you walked around Baghdad with a geiger counter, you'd likely be hard pressed to hear any elevation in the level of chatter at all over a peaceful area.

Calling DU shells a WMD is certainly making a mountain out of a molehill.

They have also used(i believe it is called)MK-77, which is pretty much the same as napalm and they used white phosphorus which burns skin on contact even through protective clothing. Unfortunately, innocents are not immune to this. ;)
We never napalm-bombed Iraq or Afghanistan, maybe you are thinking of Vietnam where we napalm-bombed forested areas because VC used forests heavily for military operations. There isn't a logical scenario that would place a significant number of noncombatants in the line of fire of such weaponry. Again, calling that a WMD would be illogical as it's not a weapon with a wide range of dispersal, such as, say, nerve agent shells/warheads that might release a huge cloud of deadly vapor that could kill countless hundreds if not thousands.

Have you ever heard of a JDAM? A precision strike munition? Because it's the majority of how we attack targets nowadays. We don't carpet-bomb cities to hit a small location where a terrorist leader or a bunker or training camp might be located, we don't nuke cities and level them to the ground, and we don't napalm-bomb Baghdad to root out some Al-Qaeda elements because #1, it's not necessary, and #2, the collateral damage would be enormous. This isn't the 1940s, and we don't fight a war like it's the 1940s. There are even tinier weapons being implemented in the USAF's arsenal that can fly for MILES after being deployed from aircraft, and land within 5 feet of their intended target, regardless of weather. Needless to say, when flying right overhead in clear blue skies, you can be much more accurate than that. You don't wipe out a city block to destroy a building, you put a bomb through the roof.

The point is that the world does not need a bully, because at one point it will snap and fight back.
Nothing the US or coalition forces have done constitutes 'bullying'. Iraq did everything to suit that terminology long ago, and it spawned the Gulf War. After which, we had sanctions in place to prevent it happening again. Iraq violated these sanctions time and time again, narrowly preventing confrontation many times. Eventually things were going to come to a head if Iraq continued its resistive behavior to uphold their end of agreements they entered into to end the Gulf War. They did not uphold these agreements, thus there was conflict.

It's not a matter of bullying, and it's not a matter of 'The US vs. The World', and the world is just going to gang up and attack the US. The US isn't its own little world, either. Your simplistic little analysis of the situation demonstrates you're not the one who should be bringing my political knowledge into question.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 30 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Alex. posted on Sep 30 2006 at 09:45 AM said:

- Alex

- Alex

Ok, but you also underlined the details about my house. So, once again: what makes you think my house was expensive?

Well, didn't you just move in to a new house, recently?

Wooooow, that is pretty dumb of you epicenter, I was talking Iraqi freedom fighters, taking back their country. They attack coalition troops because they want nothing to do with Americans, I guess it's like when france had control over southeast asia. And I said, "pretty much the same as napalm", but something that deals death in the same way doesn't need a name. Also, do you realise that more people die every year, than when saddam was in power? And whether you like it or not there are enormous casualties on the civilian population. Voting doesn't even matter in Iraq and all the leaders steal money from their people(well actually they are Iranis so, they shouldn't care). I don't know how america put its enemy in power in Iraq. It is not a matter of USA vs World, it's the West vs All the "poverse and corrupt" countries in the East ;) . Things have not changed since napoleonic times, America and its allies still want more land.

Oh and I said there are some facts in the loose change video.

One more thing, let me guess.....one of your relatives is fighting a loosing war in Iraq right now and you are trying to convince yourself that everything is going to alright and Iraq will live happily ever after. Not gonna happen.

*Ash al-Watan, 'Ash al-Jaish, 'Ash al-ba'ath*

OMars posted on Sep 30 2006 at 03:15 PM said:
American army has been using depleted uranium shells in the tanks(the radiation from this lasts 45 billion years
TIME RADIATION LASTS IS NOT THE TIME THAT IS REMAINS DANGEROUS.

Klown posted on Sep 30 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
American army has been using depleted uranium shells in the tanks(the radiation from this lasts 45 billion years
The world would probably be ended a lot sooner than that, don't you think? :huh:

Arguing with you is like arging with the wall, so I'll answer this quick, then I'm calling it quits. Cinderblock is not easily convinced of divergent viewpoints.

OMars posted on Sep 30 2006 at 03:27 PM said:
Wooooow, that is pretty dumb of you epicenter, I was talking Iraqi freedom fighters, taking back their country.
You did an awesome job of completely misreading and misinterpreting my post. Or you did that to cover your ass. Either way, hah.

They attack coalition troops because they want nothing to do with Americans, I guess it's like when france had control over southeast asia.
You're still not reading, Mr. Wall. Most of the 'insurgency' is really foreign fighters and jihadist organizations, not random Iraqis who are pissed off at the coalition forces. You're in a shitty position to try and explain their motivations.

And I said, "pretty much the same as napalm", but something that deals death in the same way doesn't need a name.
That is wholly beside the point, you give no response to that we don't attack civilian cities with napalm or anything similar, we perform precision strikes. You'd prefer to argue nomenclature, though, since that's easier and safer though, I suppose.

Also, do you realise that more people die every year, than when saddam was in power? And whether you like it or not there are enormous casualties on the civilian population.
This is unfortunate, and was not immediately foreseeable as the behavior of terrorist groups like those that have entered Iraq to fight their ridiculous holy war is often unpredictable. The same for sectarian violence which was kept under control by Saddam's regime of oppression and fear, one of its few positive side effects. However, a large portion of the sectarian struggle was started by Jihadist organizations who attacked mosques in order to incite chaos and further violence. It is not the natural state of affairs.

Things will settle down, in time. It may be a long time. But in the end, I do believe we will look on what Iraq and Afghanistan eventually become, and things will look rosier in retrospect. One can hope, anyway. The region is a mess and always has been, so that's the best anyone can do a lot of the time.

Things have not changed since napoleonic times, America and its allies still want more land.
Check your history books, America didn't exist yet. Britain and France are our allies, and then, they were sworn enemies. This is one of the worst analogies I've ever heard. Also, I'm sure we made a real solid investment if we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan for their LAND. Are you just determined to make this worse for yourself?

Oh and I said there are some facts in the loose change video.
No, you pretty much swore by it until people started showing you all the evidence against that drivel.

One more thing, let me guess.....one of your relatives is fighting a loosing war in Iraq right now and you are trying to convince yourself that everything is going to alright and Iraq will live happily ever after. Not gonna happen.
Get a new crystal ball, that's just 100% wrong. Nice closing note. I'm off to argue with the drapes, they have better reasoning skills.

Klown said:
Damn right. I have a rock from the desert in New Mexico where atomic weapons tests were performed about 65 years ago, and I'm sure as hell not dead. And I don't have cancer. Fancy that.

Klown posted on Sep 30 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
In fact, most radiation is NOT dangerous. You only hear about the radiation that is.

Klown posted on Sep 30 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
I thought Uranium-232 had a halflife of 45,000 years. It would be much sooner than 45 Billion years when the radadiation was within safe levels.

Back