What is on your Ereader/Tablet?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I've haven't bothered with Ebooks before as I've never been happy with whatever device i had at the time & didn't think I'd be able to get digital versions of many of the books I'd like to read.

Recently got a new Tablet with a great screen & my eyes have been opened as far as converting different formats for Ebooks are concerned.. currently re-reading & catching up with stuff I never got round to.

here's my library..

A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole

American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis

Nick Cave - & The Ass Saw The Angel

John Lydon - Anger Is An Energy

Christopher Hitchens - Arguably

Christopher Hitchens - God Is Not Great

Christopher Hitchens - Mortality

Christopher Hitchens - The Missionary Position

Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

Ayn Rand - The Virtue Of Selfishness

Greil Marcus - Bob Dylan

Aldous Huxley - Brave New World

Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast Of Champions

Dee Brown - Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

Philip K Dick - Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep

Hunter S Thompson - Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

William Burroughs - Junky

George Carlin - Last Words

Ian Rowland - The Full Facts Of Cold Reading

Viktor E Frankl - Man's Search For Meaning

Noam Chomsky - Understanding Power

Noam Chomsky - Necessary Illusions

Noam Chomsky - Power Systems

William Gibson - Neuromancer

Charles Bukowski - Notes Of A Dirty Old Man

Charles Bukowski - Post Office

Charles Bukowski - Tales Of Ordinary Madness

Carlos Castaneda - The Teachings Of Don Juan

Carlos Castaneda - The Second Ring Of Power

Alex Haley - The Autobiography Of Malcolm X

Ambrose Bierce - the Devil's Dictionary

Ray Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles

Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine

Harry Harrison - The Stainless Steel Rat

Albert Camus - The Stranger

Clive Barker - Weaveworld

Aldous Huxley - The Doors Of Perception

(for now!)

Care to share yours..

Last edited by a moderator:
A song of Ice and Fire (Martin)

La peste (Camus)

Les Rois Maudits (The accursed Kings, Druon)

Horus Heresy (Warhammer novels, long series with many different authors)

The Witcher novels (Sapowski)

Command and Control (forgot the author name)

There's probably a bit more but that's what i am currently reading or finished recently.

I read on Kindle paperwhite (1) and I really like the comfort provided by the e-ink screen (i would never read on a tablet because it makes my eyes way more tired and battery does not last long enough).

Currently reading:

Animal Ghosts; Or, Animal Hauntings and the Hereafter by Elliott O'Donnell - Link

Trinity [Atomic test] Site by White Sands Missile Range Public Affairs Office - Link

Worldwide Effects of Nuclear War: Some Perspectives - Link

In Time of Emergency by United States. Office of Civil Defense - Link

Im a bit traditionell, so my Books are all out of Paper

But aktually i read a 3 Romans in one Book Version of the "Hanibal Lector" Romans from Thomas Harris

Aktually i read " the silence of the lamps"

If im ready, i went to "Hanibal"

Then i wants to read "Mister Mercedes" from Stephen King

I have a long time read projekt:

The Hanibal Romans, than Mister Mercedes, than the Tolkien Books, (Silmarion, the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings), than Harry Potter, and the Discworld Books..)

Mybe if then is time left, maybe some other Books from Stephen King (dark Tower, the Stand, It, etc)..

So much stuff.  I have some stuff in physical copies also, or other versions in physical copies.  
List time:

Everything I could find by H.P. Lovecraft

A wide variety of technical books

Lots of science fiction, with plenty of cyberpunk and related stuff present

Some horror (kinda picky here)

A bunch of old public domain stuff of different sorts I use as references for various things

A lot of religious, spiritual, and other such texts, often various versions and translations

Things relating to my interest in anthropology and archaeology

Random science related books I found interesting

Some magazine, articles and papers related to various other things in this list

Post-apocalyptic fiction of various sorts that may or may not qualify as science fiction or horror

I think there are a few atypical reference books somewhere

My SD card is a bit of a mess at present, and some things are currently listed improperly, with multiple listings of the same title, or things that have the author in place of the title.  I haven't looked at my ebook reader in months since I have been tight on time.  I was in the middle of "The Mound" and now I want to go back and finish it.  My reader is a PRS-700, if anyone cares.

Everything I could find by H.P. Lovecraft
finally... I was gonna post about the lack of love for Lovecraft... 
Did you miss all my other posts about his works and other things inspired by it, or are you making a joke?  I am a huge fan of his stories.

I need to gather the stories by his friends that all mentioned each other's creations back then.  I think there were a couple that I wanted to read stuff by anyway.

camus, im impressed. good man.

with plenty of cyberpunk
some recommendation there ?
id go for gibsons newromancer. quite literally the introduction to cyberpunk. i enjoyed it a good deal back in the day.

every now and then i keep reading kishiro's battle angel alita on our kobo glo.

e-ink doesnt really work too well for graphic novels, it was more of a test. but since its on there now im kinda sticking to it.

the kobo is totally awesome by the way. can read pretty much everything, you're not limited to just one store (like with a kindle). and a full charge lasts for ages.

we still wont have cyberenhanced implants for a while, so i guess you're good :)

its innovative, but aside from that its just very well written.

Children of Dune,

Dune Messiah,

God Emperor of Dune,

Heretics of Dune,

H.P. Lovecraft: The Essential Works,

First four books of Game of Thrones,

Vacuum Tube Amplifier Basics.

I still need to dig into the Game of Thrones books, kind of demotivating watching the TV series.

I still need to dig into the Game of Thrones books, kind of demotivating watching the TV series.
it's more demotivating to see Martin is taking forever to finish the books. It's been YEARS waiting for the next one and he is not young anymore. And he does not look like a person with a super healthy lifestyle either, i really hope he finishes his work before something happens to him ... :(  

it's more demotivating to see Martin is taking forever to finish the books. It's been YEARS waiting for the next one and he is not young anymore. And he does not look like a person with a super healthy lifestyle either, i really hope he finishes his work before something happens to him ... :(
shalleth he share the cruel fate he intricately crafted for most of his characters before his time?

theres shitloads of money in these books, so i doubt it.

sorry for the OT: 
Gee, really looked like he stopped writing altogether and decided to enjoy the rest of his days instead :/  

theres shitloads of money in these books, so i doubt it. 

Oh i dont think he cares that much about money anymore. He has probably WAY more than he needs right now, even if he stops writing completely.

Plato - The Republic

Paul E. McKenney - Is Parallel Programming Hard, If So, What Can You Do About It

Michael Barr, Charles Wells - Category Theory for Computing Science

Miran Lipovača - Learn You a Haskell for Great Good!

Ferd T-Hebert - Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!

Alan Sokal, Jean Bricmont - Fashionable Nonsense, Postmodern Intellectuals' Abuse of Science

Marcus Aurelius - Meditations

Sun Tzu - Art of War

Gilgamesh Epic (as translated by Albert Tobias Clay)

Edwin Abbott - Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions

Abelson, Sussman - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

speaking of books, would someone have some recomendation for a SCRUM introduction?

Back