What is on your Ereader/Tablet?

I forgot that I also have some folklore.  It helps me understand and identify how certain traditions and beliefs developed.  I think I also have a few old novels and such from the late 19th century due to mention of certain things I was looking into.  I could go with more modern stuff where various topics are important to the plot, but it is more interesting to me to catch the off-hand comments that show how certain things were common in some areas and didn't need to be overtly discussed since everyone "just knew". 

It is also interesting to see how things change over time, and certain traditions and beliefs are crushed into nonexistence.  This is a big part of why I love paper books.  I need more storage space.

Last edited by a moderator:
d go for gibsons newromancer. quite literally the introduction to cyberpunk
is it still a good read nowadays or does it feel dated? 
it's dated, sorry. i'd go for one of Gibson's newer series, like the last trilogy starting with _Pattern Recognition_, or the new series-in-progress with _The Peripheral_. the writing is much better as well.

d go for gibsons newromancer. quite literally the introduction to cyberpunk
is it still a good read nowadays or does it feel dated? 
it's dated, sorry. i'd go for one of Gibson's newer series, like the last trilogy starting with _Pattern Recognition_, or the new series-in-progress with _The Peripheral_. the writing is much better as well.
I loved Pattern Recognition when it first came out, but never read any of the more recent ones.  I guess I will check out more of his newer stuff.

I have a couple electric model universe theory ebooks:

"The Electrical Theory" of the universe - T Simmons Mackintosh

The Plasma Universe - Curt Suplee

For the most part I don't do books but I have been wanting to go on a Warhammer 40k book hunt and see how I can collect. Mainly I am a blog reader and news viewer.

Offtopic: I am creating a book of my own called "Artheria" set 500,000 years in the future on earth on a Pangea Ultimate continent whereas an apocalypse destroyed everything sending humans back to the dark ages once more. The reader is to be fooled into thinking that this is another fantasy adventure book in a magical other universe. Instead the "magic" used in the book would be from artifacts of technology. The book has different Human races from evolution and genetic alterations, Living deities that fall from the heavens (People trapped in space finally making it home), and even a story told from one of the "gods" point of view in a totally different labeled book that appears to be unrelated towards the "Artheria" series. I am currently half way finished with book 1 and have a friend proofreading it.

I have a couple electric model universe theory ebooks:

"The Electrical Theory" of the universe - T Simmons Mackintosh

The Plasma Universe - Curt Suplee

For the most part I don't do books but I have been wanting to go on a Warhammer 40k book hunt and see how I can collect. Mainly I am a blog reader and news viewer.

Offtopic: I am creating a book of my own called "Artheria" set 500,000 years in the future on earth on a Pangea Ultimate continent whereas an apocalypse destroyed everything sending humans back to the dark ages once more. The reader is to be fooled into thinking that this is another fantasy adventure book in a magical other universe. Instead the "magic" used in the book would be from artifacts of technology. The book has different Human races from evolution and genetic alterations, Living deities that fall from the heavens (People trapped in space finally making it home), and even a story told from one of the "gods" point of view in a totally different labeled book that appears to be unrelated towards the "Artheria" series. I am currently half way finished with book 1 and have a friend proofreading it.
Your book sounds interesting. It's damn hard to finish a whole book, so kudos to you if you can.

David Eddings......  The Belgariad    all 5 books

The Malloreon   all 5 books

Belgarath the Scorcerer

Polgara the Scorceress

The Rivan Codex

The Elenium Trilogy

The Tamuli Trilogy

The Redemption of Althalus ...... just finished this last night. thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Losers

Robert Asprin          The Myth series

Douglas Adams      The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy . ........... all 5 books of the trilogy.

Drew Wager            Oolite stories.... and his Elite Dangerous book.

had more but seems i moved the technical ones to my PC.....

Back