No no no this is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Hi

So, sony has started waving his big stick already, locks a thread that HE

does not like, it was not rude or offensive, just people posting their views.

Some of your own posts were way offensive and they were not removed, but because

your sad little reputation was getting bruised you lock a thread.

Well sony I hope you are pleased with yourself, I for one will not be returning

to these forums.

Relax, it's only a forum, maybe you could judge him on his activities over the next week, not things preceding it.

He is always here, he is enthusiastic, I think he will do a good job.

And obviously if he messes this up we will de-op him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, this is so.... dunno.

He decides that a thread where he gets critizised is "going in circles" and locks it to take away the possibility to leave critics.

He edits the posts where he proved that he is a spammer and idiot, where he insulted people badly(without excuse), where he posted stupid (pron) pictures, so that nobody can see he did and in 2 weeks nobody will have means anymore to prove that he did.

If someone calls Craigs QA 'a little pissy' the threads gets DELETED without saying sorry lateron and then he is making someone who called a customer to "shut the f*ck up" a mod. Userfriendlines, isn't it?

If someone bans Craig for a few days because he was posting BS Craigs runs away and opens another forum, in a mood to kill the moderator who banned him. But when people complain about HIS mod they get told to "take things not that serious".

Craig hides his admin states out of childish reasons.

Craig wants to have some fun and now ED has to take an eye on SONY. Wouldn't be needed if WizardStan or one of the other named canidates would have become mod.

He decides that a thread where he gets critizised is "going in circles" and locks it to take away the possibility to leave critics.

He edits the posts where he proved that he is a spammer and idiot, where he insulted people badly(without excuse), where he posted stupid (pron) pictures, so that nobody can see he did and in 2 weeks nobody will have means anymore to prove that he did.

If someone calls Craigs QA 'a little pissy' the threads gets DELETED without saying sorry lateron and then he is making someone who called a customer to "shut the f*ck up" a mod. Userfriendlines, isn't it?

If someone bans Craig for a few days because he was posting BS Craigs runs away and opens another forum, in a mood to kill the moderator who banned him. But when people complain about HIS mod they get told to "take things not that serious".

Craig wants to have some fun and now ED has to take an eye on SONY. Wouldn't be needed if WizardStan or one of the other named canidates would have become mod.

Hi

I posted this as PM to somebody on these forums, but thought I would put it out in public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That person has been rude, offensive and downright obnoxious to members of this board and then he gets mod status, no, sorry, that just

is not right or fair to anybody else on these forums. I for one can not have him overlooking and having control over what I do here.

I am leaving the forums, my blood is absolutely boiling over this, Craig in my book has totaly and utterly lost the plot, he must be working to hard.

I cannot support these forums or the Pandora while that idiot sony has anything to do with it.

My Pandora will be sold pretty soon, yes I feel that strongly about this idiotic decision.

Question: Have you ever once considered that I might have actually removed a thread(s) for moderation?

And speaking of that thread...didn't you notice that I apologized to the original poster. I even had a conversation with him via pm and apologized again.

Also, please link me to these so called pron pics that I posted?

You, dear, have locked a thread that wasn't badtempered just because it critizes YOU.

You posted pictures ED had to remove and offered to send the "uncensored" versions to anyone per PM.

I cannot link to posts you are about to delete.

You used "f*ck" in every 4th post and such words are used to insult something or someone.

You, dear, have locked a thread that wasn't badtempered just because it critizes YOU.

You posted pictures ED had to remove and offered to send the "uncensored" versions to anyone per PM.

I cannot link to posts you are about to delete.

You used "f*ck" in every 4th post and such words are used to insult something or someone.
1. I locked it, because I don't see a point in criticizing me when I haven't spammed or trolled as a mod.

2. I posted censored images, but Ed deemed then necessary to the thread, so what's your point?

3. Link to posts I'm about to delete? What are on about?

4. Not necessarily. The F word is also used to show anger or frustration. When I accidentally hurt myself, I say it at home.

I don't get all this hate for Sony? Sure he's a little controversial but give the guy a chance. Be pleased for him not angry or jealous. He's certainly livened up this place over the last few months and I know he's not to everyone's taste but I've found some of his posts funny. Some of his posts were slightly inappropriate but everyone makes mistakes. Hes one of most passionate guys about Pandora here and promotes the product non stop.. c'mon guys give him a break!

I don't get all this hate for Sony? Sure he's a little controversial but give the guy a chance. Be pleased for him not angry or jealous. He's certainly livened up this place over the last few months and I know he's not to everyone's taste but I've found some of his posts funny. Hes one of most passionate guys about Pandora here and promotes the product non stop.. c'mon guys give him a break!

EXACTLY! if he can behave, i am sure he can. he will be an epic admin. he is funny (when he is not too much) and he must be one of the most active user on this boards.

if he finds anything bad, he will probably correct it long before most of us gets a chance to read it.

Please stop opening another and another and another thread now, okay?

Just because someone who didn't have the best history with his posts became a mod isn't a reason to spam the boards.

Why don't you at least give SONY a chance to prove he can do it and he can change?

People CAN change, especially if they gain some responsibility.

I've seen great guys who went crazy when they became mods and misused their power.

I've seen guys who posted bad stuff and when they became mods, they felt like they are more responsible for everything and started become great mods.

Would you please AT LEAST give SONY the chance to show he can do so or not?

Worst thing will be: He's not suited to be a mod and will lose mod powers. That's it.

Ah well.

My thread was locked by ED and moved to Offtopic.

And I, for one, welcome our new forum overlords.

Well, just because we had similar threads already.

Multiple threads about the same thing had always been closed, nothing new here.

SONY, I advise you to exercise caution when moderating a thread which discusses your quality as a moderator.

You should most certainly participate in those threads and defend yourself, but perhaps it is better to leave moderation of such discussions to the other mods to prevent any conflicts of interest and potential unfair moderation (regardless if it is truly unfair or just perceived as such).

If you deem a thread is going awry then contact your fellow moderators instead.

Just my 2 cents on this.

You really want those sorts of posts showing up on an official Pandora forum?

You're just out to get Sony into trouble, you're not actually interested in furthering the Pandora at all. If you were at all interested in the reputation of the Pandora, you'd be right behind SONY just now, begging him to erase all evidence of his posting from the beginning. As it is, you're just carrying out your own personal vendetta and in doing so doing more damage to the Pandora's reputation than SONY ever did.

For shame, you lot. It's right and proper that we change what happened - if there's no records then there's no way people can complain about his past behaviour.

D.

Yeah yeah the reputation of the Pandora (which doesn't really benefit from more promotion anyway) is tied to how people behave on a forum, a forum that not an awful lot of people even visit. Let's keep believing this sort of fantasy.

I can see it now. Some new user decides, for no real reason, to start reading all the old posts he can find. All of a sudden he finds these unsavory comments by this SONY character. "Well I never! I've been waiting for my Pandora for a year, but this is not something I will stand for. I'm canceling immediately!" Yeah maybe it'll look bad seeing this sort of behavior coming from a moderator... best solution if that concerns you: de-mod him. Attempt to rewrite history on this and you'll either end up with posts that don't really make sense or with a lot of extra information removed. Like for instance, when ED or notaz or myself talk about how new users should be treated (something that's good to have in general) it'll make no sense without the context of SONY's posts and will have to be deleted.

Maybe instead we should focus on keeping this a good forum, where people don't have to worry about pointless censorship. Or admins pretending not to be admins closing threads because they want to have the final word in an argument they're wrong about. Oh wait, that part has nothing to do with SONY, sorry ;p

Well sony I hope you are pleased with yourself, I for one will not be returning

to these forums.

honestly, i myself got very angry at your thread , so i'm not really missing you.

Maybe instead we should focus on keeping this a good forum, where people don't have to worry about pointless censorship.

+1 , and lock this thread, this discussion is absolutely pointless.

Hi

Yup, I have already stated somewhere else that I recently posted something that made me look a dick. We all get angry

at peoples posts from time to time me more than others I suppose. To resolve your ongoing anger at me regarding that

post maybe I should go back and tone it down, I do have this very bad habit of posting without my brain in gear :(

1. I locked it, because I don't see a point in criticizing me when I haven't spammed or trolled as a mod.
That a moderator doesn't understand the point of a thread is not a reason to immediately close it without trying to understand what's going on first. There always has to be a VERY good reason for locking a thread. With great power comes great responsibility, so moderators should behave reserved (whenever possible), and be it on their own expense.

-----

SONY, I advise you to exercise caution when moderating a thread which discusses your quality as a moderator.

You should most certainly participate in those threads and defend yourself, but perhaps it is better to leave moderation of such discussions to the other mods to prevent any conflicts of interest and potential unfair moderation (regardless if it is truly unfair or just perceived as such).

If you deem a thread is going awry then contact your fellow moderators instead.

Just my 2 cents on this.
Make that 4 cents, I think this is extremely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back