Something is happening to me...

FaeMinx

Rainbow Liberation Instigation
Well as you may have noticed I've been pretty scarce for quite some time.

Some of you may remember me talking about opening my own shop over a year ago... Well, I closed it at the end of January this year.

This isn't because the shop was a failure. In fact, it was amazing how well it did when considering how hard it is for new shops to survive in such a small seasonal town.

People were very sad when I closed... I had earned the reputation of making the best Ice Cream in this part of the world and some customers even said it was the best ice cream they had ever tasted.

I was also sad that the shop had to close (for many months I tried finding ways to keep it open even if I wasn't here to run it... )

So why DID I close it?

I knew I could not continue to live in a state of not being true to myself... living with my father in this little conservative town was suffocating my spirit. My health was deteriorating as a result and my attitude towards humanity was becoming ever more cynical and jaded, and toxic to me.

So I moved further down the coast, 200km away.

I now rent a wooden cottage built up in the forest canopy, surrounded by undisturbed nature and completely isolated from the rest of humanity. I work from home, making ice cream still, as well as making the uv reactive clothing that owning the shop had allowed me to develop.

The nearest town is only a 25min drive away (and it's a far more active tourist and holiday town than where I use to live). And so I earn a living by selling my ice cream, clothes, and Rainbow Ribbons at the local markets, on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. (The rest of my week I'm free to live and manage my time any way I choose! *joy* ^^)

I earn more in two days than I did running the shop for 7 days (or two or three weeks as was often the case), except in season when the shop *pumped*.

My health has improved drastically in the two short months I've been living here on my own (but still has a ways to go).

By not being constantly surrounded by other people, I have started experiencing some changes in me that are very welcome.

I have less and less appetite, being turned off of foods I use to crave.

I no longer enjoy sugars, carbohydrates, or processed foods very much, and meat is also becoming tedious and not too pleasant to eat.

I LOVE vegetables!!! My god they taste so amazing! Just a little butter, salt and pepper and their natural flavours make me feel sooooo good! ^^

Fear and anxiety seem to be evaporating from me... it's such a strange feeling not knowing what is going to happen, but not worrying at all... it is like I am floating on a cloud of contented acceptance of *whatever* may happen.

Bitterness and distrust that had long been such constant states of being within me are also diminishing rapidly...

I don't know where this is going to go, what I am becoming... but I am very curious.

I have realised that on these boards I engaged in quite a lot of subtle and not so subtle passive aggressive behaviour.

Many of you have been on the receiving end of it, even if you didn't realize it. I had been fighting a personal war within myself, and used anyone that pushed one of my many buttons as a prop.

I apologize deeply.

Good for you :)

The fast paced city life sucks compared to the amazing quiet sound of the country and now you're doing even better with yourself including health. I totally understand man, sometimes I want out but there's not enough IT work in the countryside.

P.S I want some ice cream!

Careful, last time i drove 8 hours for a beer. And i dont even like beer.

And thats ice cream! I am highly tempted... and you never get rid of me again...

Last edited by a moderator:
8 hours driving is nothing... you would have to buy a plane ticket, then rent a car and drive an additional 1 or 4 hours depending on which airport you arrived at.

I'm being serious about free Ice Cream for all of you, but I am so far away if even 1 makes the effort to come all this way I would be extremely surprised.

Edit: but it's true, pandorians are so awesome we *should* be entitled to free goodies wherever we go.

Offering food during a visit to a forest sounds like a free gift for doing what I enjoy.  Now if only this ocean wasn't so big...

Working in a public shop, and being permanently in touch with "humanity" can be very rude for the health.

Keep it up !

Sounds like you are living a dream now. I envy you and your forest shack :)

I'm glad you're feeling better!

:)

Maybe you could sell sitting bags as well ;) .
If you could supply me with the raw materials...

Though realistically, what I certainly would be able to do is sew and paint the bags in funky uv tie dye colours.

I may actually make a real bean bag one of these days... *will post photos if/when I do*

I envy you, I don't know if I'll ever find the courage to do something like that...

Peace and ice cream sundaes to you, FaeMinx. Lovely to when people work out what ills them and rectify it. Good for you!

I envy you, I don't know if I'll ever find the courage to do something like that...
Taking the plunge becomes a lot easier when you know you don't have anything to lose.

Well, there was a lot to loose... but I realized it wasn't worth keeping if it wasn't doing me any good. I was prepared to take the risk - it was make or break.

But I must just tell you... it was absolutely terrifying!

Nice one FaeMinx, i think you managed to find a more natural environment for yourself. I am glad to see you're all better thanks to it ^_^

^ running wild, eating vegetables, if somebody were to kill and eat him, that'd be totally "bio"  : )

IJIPfUYYDL9Y.jpg

Back