Something is happening to me...

this is so good to read!

change is a positive thing,

it really can give back good karma & spirit!

imho it's totally important to have a surrounding that

gives back positive vibes, be it a physical place and/or a

community.

we really need more positive thinking *and* acting in this

world of today, where a *lot* is going verry wrong on a

worldwide scale, verry quickly.

somehow it all comes down to transforming one self and

trying to live a life that frees the own mind and inspires

others to do good too.

somehow like the bazaar and not the cathedral.

for me personally i can say that i realized lately that i

feel more "free" when i stay away from a lot of

commercial goods and only own/use some basic "key"

things i like.

(of course a pandora/pyra is one of those basics to own ;)

so trying to escape "the evil empire of everything".

this makes me feel a lot more "mobile" and maybe prepares

me to do something similar as you did, as i don't really

like this surrounding i'm living in currently too.

my main issue with this is,

way too much top-down system,

too less people thinking really creative,

only beeing one little part of this brutal empire machine

that only creates greed an mistrust.

-> i mean, some white old men ruling the world and ruining humanity.

phew, ok, rant-modus off! ;)

you are an inspiration, *thank you* !! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a cool Story for a Movie. :)

Well, I have no idea how the general "ice cream situation" is down there where you live (South Africa, right?). But I can imagine thet the classic italian ice cream traditions are not reaching that far, so if you found a niche to fill that gap it's even better. :)  

I have tasted alot of great ice cream so my expectations are very high. My uncle and his wife runs a ice cream bar along with an italian Pizzeria in his own Hotel here (germany) and they regulary visit Conventions in Italy to get the newest and best recipes and even learned some "secret tricks" to make the best stuff that can be made. I can say, for a german guy he makes great ice cream! Traditional, no industrial crap, tasty, creamy, perfect. :D

However, I have no money to travel to South Africa to compare your Ice Cream.  If I had it, I would do it of course to get free Ice Cream. ;)  

Sounds like you have your own private paradise + Ice Cream, although i hope its possible to charge a Pandora battery where you live. 

this is so good to read!

community.

others to do good too.

things i like.

+1.  "The only thing constant is change."  Note my avatar ;)

That is why I enjoy working 2 hours away from home commuting everyday to one of the busiest cities in the world but am living in a quitet surburb.  People say I'm crazy but I am fine with it as my life change from one extreme to the other in 12hr everday, and I value the quiteness after a long day in the busy city.  

Glad to see that you have followed up on that.  I can recall you mentioning that in a thread a while ago (a year?). 

Hope everything is going well!

-Glyph Reader

Sounds very good. Doing work you like for a short span of the week and getting a better body awareness is great.

Working 2-3 days a week and still earning enough is my plan too and I'm still working on it, unfortunately it all needs space and everybody is fighting for space around here which makes renting anything so expensive, that you have to work all the time for this alone, when my own products are ready and I'm independend from my first job, I'll go elsewhere too where I don't have to work for appartment and workshop rent alone.

Way to go!

Reactions: rSl
I hate to be a downer, but I feel the need to ask,  have you been to see a doctor lately?

While the changes may seem to be positive I'm worried that there may be a not so positive underlying cause which could cause you problems down the track.

I know someone who lost a lot of weight only to discover that the reason for the weight loss was that one of her organs had shut down months earlier and her body was consuming itself.  

- Neelix

I get Neelix's concern, and agree if it won't be too much of an issue.

I would rather feel good and be happy for a short period and die than live a long miserable life.

Can we see pictures of the surroundings?
I've got something:

toonstruck-big-5.jpg

:p

PS: No, that's not actually my opinion.

I would rather feel good and be happy for a short period and die than live a long miserable life.
It's not about making you feel good. It's about making others feel miserable. ;)

Congratulations on having the balls to do the necessary changes to your life !

It reminds me I quit my job for 1 year, to travel by bicycle. Never regreted it. However I am back into the same position now as when I left (a bit better still). I am saving money and thinking about a huge change of life in a few years, hopefully for good this time.

I'm also very curious of your new home in the tree. If it's possible to get some picture, would be nice.

Nice one! I'm really happy for you :D

Sounds like my ideal life right there - sea, forest (preferably hills or mountains too). I'll definitely have to do the same thing at some point :) .

*packs my bags and moves in* hehe

It's not about making you feel good. It's about making others feel miserable. ;)
There are plenty of people that already live their lives like that.  This why getting away from other humans is a decent choice for many of us.  Also, when I said "feel good" I meant healthy.  While I don't personally attempt to bring misery I do my fair share of making things interesting.

Sounds like my ideal life right there - sea, forest (preferably hills or mountains too). I'll definitely have to do the same thing at some point :) .

I love the mountains idea.  Plus you would need the mountain so the sea doesn't eat you.

I just imagine a house surrounded by icecreams...
Everyone wonders why the kids keep disappearing into the forest.

My dream would be a nice community for a countryside earthship where I can build and use my small (instrument) workshop in peace and create some income for the project and a nice humble life at the same time.

My dream would be a nice community for a countryside earthship where I can build and use my small (instrument) workshop in peace and create some income for the project and a nice humble life at the same time.
You must be silent to not attract sandworms !! :D

^ running wild, eating vegetables, if somebody were to kill and eat him, that'd be totally "bio"  : )
Better to wait a couple of years... I still eat meat, but not as much as I use to, and I still regard my body as being pretty unhealthy from my previous lifestyle. And here I am giving a serious answer to a jest... typical!

this is so good to read!

community.

others to do good too.

things i like.

I'm glad to be an inspiration to you. :)

I also have learnt that while one can partake of everything, there are many things that will 'make you feel less' if you do so.

Sounds like a cool Story for a Movie. :)

Well, I have no idea how the general "ice cream situation" is down there where you live (South Africa, right?). But I can imagine thet the classic italian ice cream traditions are not reaching that far, so if you found a niche to fill that gap it's even better. :)  

I have tasted alot of great ice cream so my expectations are very high. My uncle and his wife runs a ice cream bar along with an italian Pizzeria in his own Hotel here (germany) and they regulary visit Conventions in Italy to get the newest and best recipes and even learned some "secret tricks" to make the best stuff that can be made. I can say, for a german guy he makes great ice cream! Traditional, no industrial crap, tasty, creamy, perfect. :D

However, I have no money to travel to South Africa to compare your Ice Cream.  If I had it, I would do it of course to get free Ice Cream. ;)

My recipes are indeed based on Italian ones, though once I got the idea and started experimenting I started coming up with my own.

Though, while I am proud of the quality of my ice cream, and blew minds because not many people have ever tasted 'real' ice cream, I would be scared to have mine directly compared with a true professional...

Sounds like you have your own private paradise + Ice Cream, although i hope its possible to charge a Pandora battery where you live.

I am more comfortable than I've ever been! I have electricity, a fire place, gas geyser and stove/oven. I also have adsl - 2mbps and 10gb a month, which is unadulterated abundance compared to what I've been use to.

Sounds very good. Doing work you like for a short span of the week and getting a better body awareness is great.

Working 2-3 days a week and still earning enough is my plan too and I'm still working on it, unfortunately it all needs space and everybody is fighting for space around here which makes renting anything so expensive, that you have to work all the time for this alone, when my own products are ready and I'm independend from my first job, I'll go elsewhere too where I don't have to work for appartment and workshop rent alone.

Way to go!
Thanks! I don't think I would have been able to afford it if I had to pay rent for a home AND a workshop... good thing being a crafter, I can work from home, and also work as hard as is neccessary. ... which while I only have markets a couple of times a week, I still have to make the stock as well as all the administration... and then festivals are a whole other story. I actually think I work harder than I did before, it's just that HOW and WHEN is entirely up to me.

I hate to be a downer, but I feel the need to ask,  have you been to see a doctor lately?

While the changes may seem to be positive I'm worried that there may be a not so positive underlying cause which could cause you problems down the track.

I know someone who lost a lot of weight only to discover that the reason for the weight loss was that one of her organs had shut down months earlier and her body was consuming itself.  

- Neelix

I'm pretty sure I know what my health problems are... and what to do to adress them.

my family has very little faith or support in doctors

? We have quite alternative views on physical health and illness.

Also, if I really am terminal then it's just as well I'm not all that attached to being alive. :)

Can we see pictures of the surroundings?

Congratulations on having the balls to do the necessary changes to your life !

It reminds me I quit my job for 1 year, to travel by bicycle. Never regreted it. However I am back into the same position now as when I left (a bit better still). I am saving money and thinking about a huge change of life in a few years, hopefully for good this time.

I'm also very curious of your new home in the tree. If it's possible to get some picture, would be nice.
I just have a bit of fixing up to do when I get back from these festivals, and then I'll take some pics.

Apologies to everyone for just disappearing like that, I've been tied up travelling to and trading at a 2 week long festival.

its been going great so far, but I trade from 8am till 7pm everyday, and am sleeping in my car. So not ideal for keeping up with the forums. Hope you all are doing as well as I am.

and thanks for all the comments!

Back