Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Nintendo Switch console sales have now overtaken PS4 console sales in Japan :)
Having been on sale three years less!

These figures take Switch's lifetime sales in Japan to an estimated 8,125,637; the PS4 family (which includes both the standard and Pro models) is now estimated to be at 8,077,757. Considering Sony's machine launched more than three years before the Switch did in Japan, this is quite the achievement for Nintendo - especially when you also consider how strongly the PS4 has performed against its other rivals in Xbox One and Wii U.

lol, Wii U :p

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/nintendo_switch_overtakes_ps4s_lifetime_sales_in_japan2

tenor.gif

Nintendo announced a new deal for North American Nintendo Switch Online members today. Pay $99, get two game passes good for downloads of $60 first party Nintendo games.

Would do this for Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Three Houses if I didn't like physical copies so much.

Pokemon Direct incoming. June 5th.

Also, a Pokemon related press conference at 6 PDT tomorrow. What's all that about then?

Pacific Daylight Time

That's pm too, I should mention. So, in about 17 hours. You'll be able to watch that conference on the official Pokemon website.

The June 5th Direct will be at 6 am PDT, I believe, on Nintendo's site. Much better time for Europe.

Is there a Pacific Moonshine Time, too? Would 6am then be PDT in sommer and be PMT in winter? ;)

That conference will be at 3 am Central European Summer Time, then.

So, at that Pokemon conference last night... The biggest news was Pokemon Masters, a new mobile game that will let you battle alongside all your favorite trainers from the Pokemon game series, like gym leaders, rivals, and such.

They also announced a new Detective Pikachu game for Switch.

But perhaps the most interesting news was Pokemon Sleep, a mobile app that will help you... sleep. That's right, after years of robbing you of sleep, Pokemon plans to give some back to you. Nah, I didn't make this up. Yes, there will be a Snorlax tie-in.

I still miss Witcher 2 and 3.
It would be great to be able to play it on the Switch

Wha not 2?
Is it bad?

Well, if you are used to the first one, the 3 is superior in every aspect, while the 2 differs a lot in playability as it was made visibly for a console, and that's my main reason for not liking it so much.
- The playability was thought for a console first, so it is made to be played with a gamepad, and only after a lot of complaints they added with patches some customization for mouse+keyboard, but still is not so natural to play with those... the mouse is NOT a pointer, the aim is automatic, you just click to hit... you have keys to "change" the enemy and "lock it", but still, is not natural to play with a mouse that is not useful.
- There are sections where you just watch the action, and have to just press the right key at the right time, if you miss the key, is a game over, and you have to repeat the entire sequence...
- The game is divided in chapters, and at every one of them you will change area, and you can't go back anymore in the previous one, so the playable "map" seems really smaller than in the first game. (And at every chapter you will lose every secondary missions not finished.)
- You can't use drugs during combat, so you can't heal, you can't use "power-ups" for specific enemies etc... you can use them ONLY BEFORE a combat, but you'll never know what will be your next enemy or when it will come out...
- The "legends" about lost artifacts are still there, like in the first game, but in that game you had a really great gear at the end, found in many adventurous places, while in the second game you just get the recipe, find the materials and give them to a blacksmith to make the weapons... and the most "powerful" ones are almost not useful because when you finally get them, the game is already at the end.
- The story is ok, but the end is both "not an end" and "not a cliffhanger"... so it just finishes...

It's indeed a good game, great graphic, music, difficult choices and all, but it's the worst "Witcher" game for me.
They worked a lot in the combat system anyway, and could be very fun once you are used to it, there's also an arena to test your skills.

But still, the combat system of the 3, is almost PERFECTION, and differs A LOT from the 2.

Is it necessary to play 1 and 2 to get the whole backstory before playing 3 GOTY?

Not necessary, because at the beginning, if you don't import a save from a previous game, there will be an "interrogation" where you'll choose what happened.
Also, the first game had many differences from the story books, but in the second game they somehow started to "correct/merge" the stories, completing the opera in the third game where they added a lot of references, and anyway during the game you'll have some background of the important things that happened.
The first one is a really good game considering the limitations they had making it, but if one has to choose, go for third, it's huge, I mean HUGE, it's more longer then the previous 2 games put together, for 2 times... at least... and better in every aspect.
It's almost more than a game, it's an experience.

My main concern with consoles at the moment is: Why is it taboo to support keyboard and mouse?
Any good ideas?

Good news: Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, and Neverwinter Nights are all headed to Switch, so you can play them on a handheld.
Better news: You'll probably be able to run the original versions of all these except NN on Pyra though GemRB. But hey, it does remain to be seen which will happen first.

Last edited:
Back