Nintendo Revolution Specs Have Been Released

i don't care that Nintendo is going a different direction, they can do whatever they want, it just doesn't seem, AND HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT'S ON PAPER, that they are not progressing that much. Look at the god damn DS, it progressed vastly over the GBA, it by passed PS1 and Saturn 32bit quality straight to 64 and nintendo 64 Quality, while keeping the cost down, even for 2 screens, so don't give me the bullshit that they can't produce better quality hardware and keep the costs down, they've done it in the past and they can do it again.

FOR THE LAST GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME, I"M NOT IMPRESSED ON PAPER, I KNOW THE HARDWARE IS NOT RELEASED AND UNTIL IT IS, WE WILL NOT KNOW THE EXTENT OF WHAT IT CAN DO. BUT ON PAPER IT DOESN"T SEEM LIKE A JUMP TO A NEXT GENERATION BUT MERELY A SLIGHT UPGRADE OF THE CURRENT GENERATION BUT WITH A NEW CONTROLLER, FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE

As for the powerglove, i own one but can't use it my tv is too big. I also have Super Glove ball, which is a very fun game, if you can look past all the slowdown, and flicker that makes parts of the game almost unplayable, like levels past 75 when you have tons of crap on screen.

Cool it guys, to be honest we can't really make judgement at this stage anyway, not untill i see some actual footage of the console running am i gonna make judgement.

Anyway, just been looking at this video again. looks bloody fun don't it?

no it does not look fun, looks like the one guy is beating off, or chopping meat. I think i've figured out why i don't like the controller without using it and that video helped me to realize it. I've grown up. That looks like something my kid would love in 5 years, but i just don't have the imagination for it anymore. There i've figured it out, thanks Nova. i'm done arguing over the controller.

EDIT: i'm not being sarcastic, i'm truely thankful for Nova, i didn't know that video existed and after seeing it, i truely understand why i don't like the controller. This will save me tons of wasted time in arguements.

I don't mind Revo NOT being graphics workhouse because I am going to get either a PS3 or X360 for that fix, once I know which one I want. After that, I'll buy a Revo to play Ninty games that I grew up playing. Hack, for $200 or less, it's no brainer as a secondary system considering others cost $400~500+. Personally, I see PS3 and X360 being redundant systems, so I'm glad that Ninty decided not to make the third redundant system. :)

Angel, we all got that you're not happy with Revo. No need to repeat yourself over and over and scream. :rolleyes:

but apparently I do since i'm getting quoted out of context and quoted like i know what the machine can or cannot do. I don't know how many more times i'll have to say I am not impressed with the Revolutions specs on paper, but i'm hoping the message got across on my previous posting.

But i'm bowing out of this conversatin since it's going nowhere, NOBODY knows what will happen, i'll wait til its released. Unless they come out with some actual game footage, though, there's nothing that will change my mind about this system until its released.

Thanks for the arguements guys, been exciting and thats why i love the "other Consoles" section the most.

Angel posted on Mar 31 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
FOR THE LAST GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME, I"M NOT IMPRESSED ON PAPER, I KNOW THE HARDWARE IS NOT RELEASED AND UNTIL IT IS, WE WILL NOT KNOW THE EXTENT OF WHAT IT CAN DO. BUT ON PAPER IT DOESN"T SEEM LIKE A JUMP TO A NEXT GENERATION BUT MERELY A SLIGHT UPGRADE OF THE CURRENT GENERATION BUT WITH A NEW CONTROLLER, FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE
Yeah.

We got your point.

It´s not as if you didn´t repeat it enough.

Now tell me what´s so awfully bad about this, i have the impresion you are quite enraged? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel posted on Mar 31 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
That looks like something my kid would love in 5 years, but i just don't have the imagination for it anymore.

Whoa. That's kinda sad... maturing into prefering the abstract. Angel, how old are you anyway? I am twenty-one now and I can't honestly say I have lost my imagination or the ability to have fun with something even if it makes me look strange.

By the way, I am not being sarcastic. I really think it's sad that you lost your imagination.

*starts to hum*
Come with me
and you'll see
in a world of pure imagination
Make a wish and you'll see
into your imagination....
we'll begin
with a spin
travelling in the world of my creation
what you'll see
will defy explanation....
;)

i'm 27, with a mortgage, car payment, wife, and baby due at the end of June, i think thats a huge imagination killer for me. The more i thought about it, i play the games to have fun, but i don't play the games imagining i'm in the game. I'm sorry but those people, especially the older people, looked like drooling idiots waving that thing around, so to me, you have to have imagination, which i don't have enough to justify the controller, which is the reason why i can't grasp liking it even though its not released. I just don't have enough imagination left.

The video made it look like you had to imagine being in the game, thats not for me. I don't have that kind of over active imagination that i am going to pretend i'm Zelda, i play zelda because its fun, not because i want to be zelda errr , Link...maybe peach.. i've said to much.

And thats why i also made the comment about my kid liking it in 5 years, he'd have a blast with something like the Rev. plus if it wouldn't have been a direct question to me i wouldn't have even answered, i'm done arguing with people over the Rev on this site. Most people here are probably younger than me and more willing to accept this due to the imagination factor, i know its sad for me, but i have to admit, my imagination for gaming is practically gone, which is why i can't grasp the point of the revolution compared to the ps3 and 360, which will be for more traditional gamers like myself.

I think that controller looks like a blast. Invite a few friends around, gets some pizza and beer in and it'd be great fun. And who cares what you look like when you're playing games? I already lean for corners when I'm playing racing games, so this would just be taking it a few steps further :D

Angel posted on Mar 31 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
The video made it look like you had to imagine being in the game, thats not for me. I don't have that kind of over active imagination that i am going to pretend i'm Zelda, i play zelda because its fun, not because i want to be zelda errr , Link...maybe peach.. i've said to much.
Some of us are still children at heart, and haven't had all of our soul drained out of us by tough jobs, kids, marriage, loans and overtime.

skysnapper posted on Mar 31 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
Thought there wasn't much of a gap between the two in terms of sales.
I don't know, here's Japan's sales:

1. DSL: 119,986
2. NDS: 39,307
3. PS2: 34,169
4. PSP: 31,077
5. GBASP: 5,627
6. GBM: 4,883
7. GCN: 1,458
8. 360: 1,415
9. XBX: 108
10. GBA: 98

The DSL being the DS Lite.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/31/current-...hardware-sales/

Rico posted on Mar 31 2006 at 04:12 PM said:
skysnapper posted on Mar 31 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
Thought there wasn't much of a gap between the two in terms of sales.
I don't know, here's Japan's sales:

1. DSL: 119,986
2. NDS: 39,307
3. PS2: 34,169
4. PSP: 31,077
5. GBASP: 5,627
6. GBM: 4,883
7. GCN: 1,458
8. 360: 1,415
9. XBX: 108
10. GBA: 98

The DSL being the DS Lite.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/31/current-...hardware-sales/
I'm no math wiz, but that seems like a huge difference. The fact that the DS Lite is a launch product could be making Nintendo look better or worse, though; are there any month- or year-long trends?

iignotus posted on Mar 31 2006 at 05:25 PM said:
I'm no math wiz, but that seems like a huge difference. The fact that the DS Lite is a launch product could be making Nintendo look better or worse, though; are there any month- or year-long trends?

From the link:
Japanese digital entertainment anaylizers Media Create have release hardware sales for the week of 3/20 to 3/26. Here's how it wen't down.

Its amazing how well the DS is doing in japan, even the original one still outsold the PSP.. And microsoft is still having a hard time getting japanese gamers interested in the 360..

We all know that Nintendo keep releasing devkits with different power, and that's all I'm saying.

grahf posted on Mar 31 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
iignotus posted on Mar 31 2006 at 05:25 PM said:

From the link:
Japanese digital entertainment anaylizers Media Create have release hardware sales for the week of 3/20 to 3/26. Here's how it wen't down.

Its amazing how well the DS is doing in japan, even the original one still outsold the PSP.. And microsoft is still having a hard time getting japanese gamers interested in the 360..
Why did you quote my post with that reply? I'm just not quite sure I understand it.. :(

keep in mind a lot of those DSL purcahses are by people who've already bought a regular DS (old DSs are going to be flodding the used market pretty heavily soon). Not to mention the PSP was up untill just before that poll was released still about 100 bucks more than a DS.

So while there is a difference in the numbers there are mitigating circumstances as to the reason that have nothing to do with the pissing contest you guys seem to be alluding to.

Angel has every right to feel the way he does, at a certain point he may even say goodbye to gaming altogether. I've seen it happen and it usually stars with assertions similar to 'losing imagination'. Dosent mean he can't have fun any more he just has differnt views on what is fun than some people. The question for nintendo is is the number of "some people" something for them to worry about? By nintendo's own admission they're trying to get people who arnt normally gamers, which sounsd to me like they're trying to get people like what Angel is turning into, which seems now to be a faulty plan if too many of these people have 'lost their imagination' even though they've never been gamers.

Ultimately I think we all know who are going to buy the system, It's not going to be standard hard core gamers, they already have preorders for 360's and PS3s and/or still trying to get their money's worth out of the 360 they might have been able to buy. It's probably not going to bring new gamers to the club, it's going to be the haven for people who simply love nintendo. This is more than enough for them to survive, it has been for the last 2 generations.

Why is anyone arguing over the graphics of the Rev anyway? The main push of the system is the retro games and the fancy wand controller. You can't possibly feel cheated or dissapointed with the specs if you haven't even seen what they can produce. In no way has Nintendo ever trying to make graphics a big deal, but it's not because they're going to suck. They ARN'T, they CAN'T. Logic dictates that if graphics were just fine on the GC then with a stronger proceesor they arn't getting any worse on the Rev, It's going to look good, why is there an argument? is it value? No because thet system will be the cheapest of the 3. You're getting what you pay for. Or simply NOT paying for because you arnt intending to buy it. There's only one thing I find issue with and that's Nintendo running around claiming "Revolution!" when it's not. They've made all these bold claims and now they slowly back down form them leaving millions of nintendo fans to champion the statments that are no longer valid by nintendo's silent admission.

Personally I don't see myself buying the thing, They simply havent generated enough interest for me fling my money at it. But I am defending it, not because I see Nintendo as the savior of gaming or something ridiculous like that, I'm defending it because they're a company trying to survive however they can. Some of their ideas have turned out to be cool and some not so cool but their constant attempts to try earn them a little bit of respect the same as any underdog even if I'm not supporting them monitarily.

iignotus said:
Why did you quote my post with that reply? I'm just not quite sure I understand it.. :(

My mistake, i misread what you were asking. I though you were asking "are they yearly/monthly trends?" as opposed to "are there any".

Back