Nintendo Gives European Wii Price

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:08 PM said:
Also rumored is that there will be a Wii launch party in Los Angeles on the 17th of November hinting that the Wii will launch around a week or so after the PS3

As far as I know that rumour was based on a photoshopped email.... the Wii ambassador thing on the other hand seems to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played with the Wii in Leipzig and im not so sure if i still like the controler concept. The idea is good but the controlers are too light weight imo for getting a "real feeling". Also i believe that this kind of controlling will make many people sick by the time. Holding your arms for hours, months or years in front of you and making weird repetitive movements cant be too healthy for your bones and joints.

FlowNeppets posted on Aug 30 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
Also i believe that this kind of controlling will make many people sick by the time. Holding your arms for hours, months or years in front of you and making weird repetitive movements cant be too healthy for your bones and joints.

Carpool Tunnel Syndrome... =/

FlowNeppets posted on Aug 30 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
i believe that this kind of controlling will make many people sick by the time. Holding your arms for hours, months or years in front of you and making weird repetitive movements cant be too healthy for your bones and joints.

The way I see it is Nintendo are doing there part to tackle obesity :D

grahf posted on Aug 30 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
A lot of reviewers say you can just flick your wrist around, you dont need to jump around all crazy.
....a perfect way to develope carpal tunnel syndrome ;)

the only reviewer that matters is me, and when i buy the wii at release I will be the judge of this :D

....a perfect way to develope carpal tunnel syndrome ;)
the only reviewer that matters is me, and when i buy the wii at release I will be the judge of this :D
Only difference here is that you'll get it in your wrists (is that even possible?) instead of your thumbs :D
And i can certainly agree with your second statement.

Im already sold on it due to the back library, and gamecube compatability. Im more of an oldskool gamer (as i'm sure most of us here are), so thats enough for me. Im one of those people who actually owns all the old games already, but i think the Wii will be a good way to introduce my nephews and friends to some of the old stuff i enjoy.

Does the Wii have HDMI or DVI output ???

i search on the wii website but couldnt see any mention on HD outputs

The Wii does not and will not possess any form of HDMI output. As for DVI, not sure what that is but from what I've read, it won't possess this output either.

FlowNeppets posted on Aug 30 2006 at 08:16 PM said:
Also i believe that this kind of controlling will make many people sick by the time. Holding your arms for hours, months or years in front of you and making weird repetitive movements cant be too healthy for your bones and joints.
If you´re a frail, feeblish nerd then probably yes.

/me goes training with Guncon2 and Vampire Nights

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 31 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
The Wii does not and will not possess any form of HDMI output. As for DVI, not sure what that is but from what I've read, it won't possess this output either.
DVI is the forerunner to HDMI, both can output in HD

Ravnos posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
I don't know if the Wii can handle Crysis. Isn't it supposed to be pretty graphically intense?
I think we can make great visuals by different means. Look at the PS2. Some PS2 games still look fabulous. And there are games that are just stylized perfectly. You can achieve anything with every hardware.

Back