Nintendo Ds

I'm gonna wait till both the DS and the PSP are out for a while before I get one.
Because(In my opinion) the gamecube looked amazing before It came out so I got it.
but within a yaer it wasn't so good any more and ps2 and x-box both looked a lot better.
so i'll wait a while and then see which one looks better.

oh and also

Writing reviews (read before you post)
You can post reviews of any type software related to GP32. Commercial and not commercial games. Utilities for Gp32 and PC (GP32 related). All good reviews will be linked from official gp32x.de Reviews section.
When writing review, try to overview software, give your opinion about gfx, music and playability (in case of games) and if reviewed program is in our download section, give a link to it.
I don't see the rules mentioning anything about being able to post a DS review here :angry: :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the DS the other day in the mall it was wonderfull Metroid is fun

I will hopefully get one of these once I get a job and get Animal Crossing when it comes out :droll:

My brother just bought a DS and Super Mario 64 DS and i'm a little jealous,
but luckily he has to let me play it because of all the times I let him play my gp32_console :D :p

Ocatvious what the f**k? Smaller screen. The only difference for the psp is that its overly wide to try make the graphics good. And MGA3, what the hell were theythinking turning it to a card based game. Plus it doesn't live up to the hype anyway. And who was it that said nintendo shoved a whole load of features into a machine to make it sell? Look at what sony's doing. Aiming for the gaming industry, more like the entertainment industry.

I just got my DS today. The 3d is real nice and smooth. The sound separation is very good. The contrast is much better than the SP as it is backlit. I still think the screen on the GP32 is better. The DS 3D hardware seems quite capable. The downside for me is it seems a bit uncomfortable to hold and do the touch screen at the same time. The thing really is a brick, it is bigger and heavier than I expected, it is real thick. The ergonomics of it aren't the best. The controls are too close to the edge of the unit kind of making it cramped, seems like it was designed for very small hands. The GP32 is much more comfortable to me, maybe I am just used to it. The screens seem kind of small to me too. When you play a GBA game the screen area is smaller than a GBA. When used in DS mode the screen size is basically the same size as a GBA. I like it overall, it will take some getting used to. The games now are decent, but the future stuff is what will make or break it.

well i was reading about the PSP earlier , it seems there price cut may not be such a good idea , there losing money on every console they sell , there plan is to make the money back in about 2 years time XD , retards XD

DS RULES :D

Not that I would be buying one (the two screen gimmick just dissapointed me) BUT the DS is a technological marvel TWO backlit screens a ARM9 and a ARM7 touchscreen wireless all runiing off....

3.7v 850mah those nintendo guys are craaazyy thats 0.1v less but 250mah more than the GBA SP so its nearly the same battery.

BTW i reckon PSP is gonna be the next fad techy device like the ipod not the best technically but daamnn cool

i think sonys idea of getting the psp into the market and then making a profit later is a good idea , but unfortunately i reckon the with its low batterie life and lack of inginuity, its gonna go the way of the neogeo pocket/wonderswan/game gear , which all failed against the MONO GB ,

nintendo have a certain grip on the handheld market , i believe sony will loosen it , but not remove it....

id like to get a psp , but its that dam batterie life , 2 hours , ouch , if something is done to improve this id consider getting one, on the other hand *looks at gp32* i dont need it ,

NINTENDO DS > GP32 > GBA > GBC > GB > atari > spectrum > a piece of poo > PSP

Sony needed to get the price down to have a hope in hell. And to be honest, I think they do. Think of the DS as a bodyguard-fighting for the Gameboy without being one.

I am extremely happy with my new DS, and Mario 64 (as thats the best game out for it now). I am also happy with how it plays GBA games it looks amazingly crisp now that its BL but i was wondeering if i could use peripherals for the GBA on it. Because i have seen this interesting looking movie player thing.

But all in all i think that the DS will hold me down untill i get a PSP.

Hey who says that i cant have all the systems. ;)

If you go to http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3530 and scroll down to the section called "Accessories Compatibility Testing" where Lik-Sang have tested various accessories from the GBA on the DS.

i Dont care what veryoneS Saying about each otherS conSoleS, the only thing im bothereD abou tis geting my DS Siting Down and playing mario 64 on the buS or where ever i want. i woulDnt minD a pSp i might even get one when they come out but i Dowt i will import one. P.S will everyone cram down

the beev

everyone with a DS have you heard of DemaSked. i think you should check it out click here

The most important thing for me when choosing a commercial handheld is size.

I am a bit worried by all the reports of the DS being huge.

Anyone got a pics comparing it to the GBA/ GBA-SP/GP32/Zodiac etc??

The most important thing for me when choosing a commercial handheld is size.

I am a bit worried by all the reports of the DS being huge.

Anyone got a pics comparing it to the GBA/ GBA-SP/GP32/Zodiac etc??

nds-release3.jpg
nds-release4.jpg
nds-release15.jpg

There you go. :) (Pics off of Lik-Sang)

Damnit, it appears my DS most likely won't arrive today, and is estimated at noon tommorow.
At least your getting one this year and haven't just spent your birthday and christmas money on something you won't get till next yeah :( :( :(

Im very almost crying

we need a crying smile

Back