Nintendo ds emulator

I can't wait for the day when someone asks for a 3DS emulator, then claims one is 100% going to happen, and then even goes as far as saying the 3D effect can be emulated too.
Well sure you can! Just render the game at 400x480 with a one pixel spacing and draw every second frame off by one.

Then, stick your head in one of those paint can shakers and VOILA! instant 3D ;)

By the way, thanks for the DS pnd Notaz. Even if it is crap, it's still fun to check stuff like that out. :)

I can't wait for the day when someone asks for a 3DS emulator, then claims one is 100% going to happen, and then even goes as far as saying the 3D effect can be emulated too.
Well sure you can! Just render the game at 400x480 with a one pixel spacing and draw every second frame off by one.

Then, stick your head in one of those paint can shakers and VOILA! instant 3D ;)

By the way, thanks for the DS pnd Notaz. Even if it is crap, it's still fun to check stuff like that out. :)

*snickers*

actually I can think of several practical ways to create the 3D effect... though the only one which doesn't require special hardware (active or passive glasses for example, or perhaps a lenticular filter for the screen) would be to render left and right eye views side by side for wide-eyed or cross eyed free viewing. :) *grins ducks & runs*

- Neelix

*snickers*

actually I can think of several practical ways to create the 3D effect... though the only one which doesn't require special hardware (active or passive glasses for example, or perhaps a lenticular filter for the screen) would be to render left and right eye views side by side for wide-eyed or cross eyed free viewing. :) *grins ducks & runs*

- Neelix

Well, believe me or not - that's how I watch YouTube 3D videos.

Works well for me and it's not uncomfortable for me :)

Well...You're a dragon. It's a lot more difficult for humans, y'know :)

^ It's not difficult for me, either, but I'm not a dragon. :blink:

Yeah, after some training it's pretty easy...

but it's also exhausting for a long time...

Maybe you want a PS2 emulator too then? Or that new PS3 emulator that recently appeared and is good for nothing even if you run it on supercomputer?

Whoa whoa whoa.... hold up... how do u plan on getting a 3d screen on the Pandora?

Wait I know... do like the magic eye posters, maybe?

Oh wow a scooner!

Whoa whoa whoa.... hold up... how do u plan on getting a 3d screen on the Pandora?

Wait I know... do like the magic eye posters, maybe?

Oh wow a scooner!
Willam Black: Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.
Little Boy: A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!

Willam Black: [becoming enraged] You know what? There is NO Easter Bunny! Over there, that's just a guy in a suit!

So is anyone actually using the desmume port and wants to report how it runs? ;p

I think several of us are just waiting for sukhi's reaction after he finds the pnd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some 2D games are marginally playable, but... and this is a big but... you're better off running just about any other emulator on the Pandora, even the broken ones :)

So is anyone actually using the desmume port and wants to report how it runs? ;p

I grabbed a copy from the secret location (for posterity alone initially ) and have been much too busy to report back since I first played Phantom Hourglass.....as I'm now upto task 1 of chapter 11 Final Plunge : Temple of the Ocean King 6, 12 hearts, all 3 pure metals Crimonsine, Azurine, Aquanine and I have the phantom sword, famous because it can kill phantoms and I got several of those heart containers from beating bosses but you don't get one from Bellum (and I really mean it, says my 7 year old son, who just filled me in on the whole Phantom Hourglass thing, as I've never played it personally). :) I still cant reach Bellum, can you help Exoph®ase?
wink.gif

no im waiting for notaz to release a pnd of that ps2 emu
you know, as backwards and redundant as it sounds, making pnds of consoles that wont ever run well, just to show how they wont and hush people up, might not be a bad idea.

it might stop a lot of debate. just go "here you go, have fun" and just leave it at that. some evidence to knock out all the conjecture is always handy.

i would rather see something similar to the wii-u where you can do all the hard work on another machine. its no portable console that way but its something.

I grabbed a copy from the secret location (for posterity alone initially ) and have been much too busy to report back since I first played Phantom Hourglass.....as I'm now upto task 1 of chapter 11 Final Plunge : Temple of the Ocean King 6, 12 hearts, all 3 pure metals Crimonsine, Azurine, Aquanine and I have the phantom sword, famous because it can kill phantoms and I got several of those heart containers from beating bosses but you don't get one from Bellum (and I really mean it, says my 7 year old son, who just filled me in on the whole Phantom Hourglass thing, as I've never played it personally). :) I still cant reach Bellum, can you help Exoph®ase?
wink.gif

Somehow that doesn't say anything about how it performs!

*snickers*

- Neelix
I know it is dumb even talking about this but if you did that where would you put the lower touchscreen area then ;)

A lenticular screen would have to be made explicitly for the pitch of the Pandora LCD too.

Yes, I tried Phantom Hourglass on it and it runs at about 3FPS without overclocking. Totally unplayable, but fun to test anyway. Thanks Notaz!

Back