Nintendo 3DS

pico200 is it's GRAPHICS UNIT not it's CPU. Missing from this information is also the amount of memory the unit has.

Also I have decided not to even touch this thing until it's price point is at least 150. I got my wii near it's launch and I have regretted it every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard if there will be different versions of Nintendogs + Cats? If you've played one of the DS versions you know what I mean.

@TylerAW - Follow the source-link at the bottom of this article, and you will find some discussion there based on the photographs of the writing on the CPU. On page four of the source thread, it gets speculated that it could maybe be an ARM Cortex-A9, although obviously I have no idea how accurate that might or might not be.

Regarding memory, in this article, you can see what appears to be a development unit, which as far as I can tell, alludes to there being at least 96MB.

@fuji99 - Yes, although for some reason I notice that Amazon UK (at least) hasn't separated-out their listings yet. Apparently the versions are Golden Retriever and New Friends, French Bulldog and New Friends, and Toy Poodle and New Friends.

Pardon the double-post - I just wanted to make a note that Amazon UK's pre-order price is now £202.00, down from £219.99, for those interested.

Has anyone heard if there will be different versions of Nintendogs + Cats? If you've played one of the DS versions you know what I mean.
So some people actually play these games? I thought they were just targeted at the occasional grand-mother-who-wants-to-buy-a-cute-game-to-her-grand-daughter-and-who-has-no-idea-what-a-game-is.

So some people actually play these games? I thought they were just targeted at the occasional grand-mother-who-wants-to-buy-a-cute-game-to-her-grand-daughter-and-who-has-no-idea-what-a-game-is.
Oh dear... Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Please tell me that you don't believe that myth... :/ It's targetted at anyone who it clicks with. There's a reason its core is about something almost all human beings can identify with. ;)

Along with the well-polished simulation aspects, Nintendogs is addictive stuff, and has some genuinely challenging gameplay in it. No, seriously. Try to pass the advanced flying disc contest without learning the game's physics and the properties of certain hidden and rare items. It requires patience and practice, and certainly it's not for everyone (although its massive sales indicate that it is for a LOT of people - more than 22 million units sold as of early 2009, and no doubt more now, as it's an evergreen title), but it plays very well indeed.

^ Really?... but I...hate...dogs :angry: (since a dog bit me on the face when I was 1.5 years old!)

Maybe I should try Cats then? Added to the list :lol:

Somebody doesn't know the difference between "casuals" and "everybody".

^ Really?... but I...hate...dogs :angry: (since a dog bit me on the face when I was 1.5 years old!)

Maybe I should try Cats then? Added to the list :lol:
Bear in mind that it's "+ Cats", though. :lol: I'm pretty sure you could just have a bunch of cats if you want, though.

There's no such thing as "casuals"... :rolleyes:

Oh no I don't, I play a lot of casual games on my iPhone, and I like some of them. But I really thought the Dogs thing was really terrible and its success was only due to ignorance. I admit I never played it though, so it turns out I'm the ignorant one, sorry to propagate the myth ;)

I play, be sure to tell all of your friends.

@Prometheus: Thanks

according to my little sister, the nintendogs games are a hassle and require that you constantly play the games as the animals just get greedy and are too lifelike, meaning if you dont feed/walk/play/random animal stuff constantly, its a problem, so being the hit-n-run gamer i tend to be, these games arent for me, nor do i care for the cutesy effect they have, plus anytime my sister showed me her dogs on there, they always turn around and wag their butt at me somehow, as if they know that im not the owner, little bastards...

plus anytime my sister showed me her dogs on there, they always turn around and wag their butt at me somehow, as if they know that im not the owner, little bastards...
They know it even more on the 3DS one - they don't just recognise voices anymore, they'll recognise their owner's face, too.

Mey Order is taken, 25.March, go go go!!

Nintendo 3DS Unit in Aqua Blue

Silikon Case (in Black)

Case (in Blue)

Gamebox for 24 Carts (in Blue)

The Sims 3

Pilotwings Resort

Super Streetfighter 3D Edition

Asphalt 3D

The Rest are coming bevore E3, Zelda Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, One Piece Unlimitet Cruise SP,

and DoA..

Less than 2 Months here whe go again..

Thats 450€ for a Launch, i think the PS3 whitout Games was more expensive, but i dont have a PS3..

I think I'm going to wait a few months to see if there are any reports of blistering headaches and vomiting. Well, that and the fact that I have only just started working again and won't see a penny of my own money until the end of the month, most of which will be paying off the debt I've racked up from being unemployed since November! Life has a funny way of punching you in the plums when you're not looking.

I think I'm going to wait a few months to see if there are any reports of blistering headaches and vomiting. Well, that and the fact that I have only just started working again and won't see a penny of my own money until the end of the month, most of which will be paying off the debt I've racked up from being unemployed since November! Life has a funny way of punching you in the plums when you're not looking.
Nah I get kicked in the bananas

Back