WiiU/3DS Region Free Petition

Nintendo president defends region locking

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-president-defends-region-locking-6411061

"There are many different regions around the world, and each region has its own cultural acceptance and legal restrictions, as well as different age ratings. There are always things that we’re required to do in each different region, which may go counter to the idea that players around the world want the freedom to play whatever they want."
Not sure, what he means with this. Sony and MS can handle that, Nintendo not? They are castrating themselves...

"I hope that game fans can understand that the industry isn't doing this solely out of business ego," he said. "There are some reasons behind it."

Well, doesn't look like Nintendo is going to change that behavior in the near future. Unfortunately.

Why do you even care about the region code?

I'm convinced you'll be able to get a modchip or whatever to play any region you want.

Maybe not during the first months the console is out but after some waiting.

I just want an emulator to be released. Ill buy the controller, but not the console
You need the keys for decrypting the roms. I guess marcan and co. could retrieve the keys, but did not do it to prevent piracy.

Nintendo president defends region locking

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-president-defends-region-locking-6411061

"There are many different regions around the world, and each region has its own cultural acceptance and legal restrictions, as well as different age ratings. There are always things that we’re required to do in each different region, which may go counter to the idea that players around the world want the freedom to play whatever they want."
Not sure, what he means with this. Sony and MS can handle that, Nintendo not? They are castrating themselves...
Yeah, this is no surprise what so ever. Nintendo are the masters of BS spin. A 15 year old in america isn't getting his hands on a mature game from the UK or Japan(stop trying to police the world). If I want to send a picture of a HUGE $%^& to my friend over swapnote, I'm going to do it :p

This is why once the 3DS or WiiU get hacked, I'm on board. This is just ass backwards thinking. I'm sure they have a similar excuse on why they don't have an account based e-shop system, like Sony/MS. These guys will never compete properly with Apple, Sony & MS until they pull their heads out of their asses and realize the gaming world doesn't revolve around them anymore.

They still think their the only game in town, and no one has any other choice but to swallow this crap. It's just not the case anymore, and they no longer have the muscle to keep this illusion afloat.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back