Nintendo 3DS

They're there for the same reasons Gamestop let you preorder Zelda Wii. (Yes, Zelda Wii, not Skyward Sword.)

yea but everyone knows theres going to be another zelda for the wii, how the hell do they know anything about contra 3ds?

Holy crap people, reading through this thread is hilarious. It is a game system, and the first version of any Nintendo handheld sucks. In a year they'll be smaller, have brighter screens, come in a ton more colors, and might cheaper. I guess I'm a customer that Nintendo has to try a little harder to impress.

yea...nintendo has been releasing a revision of previous console every 2 years, so why buy that lighter cheaper one when theres gonna be another bigger better one 2 years after that?

Holy crap people, reading through this thread is hilarious. It is a game system, and the first version of any Nintendo handheld sucks. In a year they'll be smaller, have brighter screens, come in a ton more colors, and might cheaper. I guess I'm a customer that Nintendo has to try a little harder to impress.
No, not "sucks". More correctly, it's just that you're in the second tier of customers.

For example, the Nintendo DS catered to three or so of them;

DS: Early adopters, long-time customers.

DS Lite: Customers whose requirements were not met by the original model.

DSi and DSi XL: Older customers who require more bonus features (outside of video games alone) in the hardware to justify a purchase.

The same also roughly applies to the Game Boy line, and the Game Boy Advance line, although tier 3 for those two was a bit different. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
For me is the 3DS more like an DSi whit 3D and better Performance, may actuall DS is an DS lite and i dont know what nintendo can make better on an 3DSlite or 3DSi, because the 3DS has a got formfaktor, all funktions i need and dont need, ok the battery live isnt the best but maybe there would be an exta batterie whit maybe 4000 mah insted of 1600 mah..

Im happy whit the first 3DS ,

I guess maybe I'm thinking mainly of the GBA. The first one I had pre-ordered the day that I could from my local game shop and got it the day it came out. IT PISSED ME OFF!!! I waited all excited like you guys and when I got it I couldn't see the screen. How could Nintendo knowingly release such a flawed device? How could a multi-million(billion?) dollar company release such a piece of crap? I played it about 4 times and gave up until I got one of those lamps with the round lights with the magnifying glass in the middle:

Magnifier-Lamp.jpg

And played a few more times. I was Pissed, really pissed. Then the revision came out, the SP, had a back light and I could see it. It was my favorite handheld of all time, much more played than even the DS.

After being burned by the GBA I'll never buy a launch handheld from Nintendo, screw them, I love their stuff but screw them for making the GBA, money grubbing whores. They had to know that non-super-human beings couldn't see the GBA screen. There had to be some sort of testing, wasn't there?

Anyway, the second 3DS will be soooooooooooooooo much better I'd rather just play my DSi and Pandora until it comes out. Those that loved Nintendo handhelds before the GBA (I was a game gear/nomad person before GBA) or those too young to have owned a GBA go ahead, I won't be surprised if it has some huge flaw but then again I won't be surprised if it doesn't, the GBA might have just been a fluke.

I was a victim of the first GBA too, although I got double whammyed because mine was 'clear red' and when I got it home and opened it it was fairy princess clear pink! I also had an sp but that too had no backlight, there was a second revision of the sp that did. I also bought a GBA micro, which was awesome but too small to play RPGs on without a headache.

Is it just me that thinks the blue 3ds looks ridiculous with the black surround on the top screen?

I actually quite like the look of the blue one. If I do decide to go for it the that was the colour of choice. I might be utterly tasteless though

I guess maybe I'm thinking mainly of the GBA. The first one I had pre-ordered the day that I could from my local game shop and got it the day it came out. IT PISSED ME OFF!!! I waited all excited like you guys and when I got it I couldn't see the screen. How could Nintendo knowingly release such a flawed device? How could a multi-million(billion?) dollar company release such a piece of crap?

Some of the money which went in to developing the Pandora came from us selling the internal light for the GBA (the afterburner I think it was called).

I hear the guy who made that made over a million dollars then squandered it all trying to become a rockstar(!).

It might just be one of those weird internet myths, but I love the thought of it.

No second analog stick means no deal :angry:

Region Locking Means no deal :angry:

No Information on it's CPU and Memory :angry:

If you ask me, two analogue sticks wouldn't be necessary*. I honestly can't think of any game that would require it that wouldn't be clumsy and ridiculous. I've only ever come across one game that even requires such a thing in my entire lifetime, come to think of it, and it was, indeed, clumsy and non-fun...

*Honestly, on my Pandora, I only use the right one as mouse-buttons, which I could easily map elsewhere. :lol:

Region Locking Means no deal :angry:
You should read the article about it. It *may* not actually be a total lock - part of it has been described in exactly the fashion of what happens if you try to run software for the iQue DS (the Chinese-market version of the Nintendo DS) on a DS from any other country.

Yes there is, because a couple of units have been stolen and documented online (I'll see if I can find a link if you want). That said, technical specifications don't matter a jot anyway, so it's nothing to get worked-up over. :p

Some of the money which went in to developing the Pandora came from us selling the internal light for the GBA (the afterburner I think it was called).

I hear the guy who made that made over a million dollars then squandered it all trying to become a rockstar(!).

It might just be one of those weird internet myths, but I love the thought of it.
http://www.tritonlabs.com/indexflash.html
:blink: That would be the last thing that I ever would have considered them moving on to...

EDIT: Hang on a minute... Quote-pyramids are back?

If you ask me, two analogue sticks wouldn't be necessary*. I honestly can't think of any game that would require it that wouldn't be clumsy and ridiculous. I've only ever come across one game that even requires such a thing in my entire lifetime, come to think of it, and it was, indeed, clumsy and non-fun...

*Honestly, on my Pandora, I only use the right one as mouse-buttons, which I could easily map elsewhere. :lol:

You should read the article about it. It *may* not actually be a total lock - part of it has been described in exactly the fashion of what happens if you try to run software for the iQue DS (the Chinese-market version of the Nintendo DS) on a DS from any other country.

Yes there is, because a couple of units have been stolen and documented online (I'll see if I can find a link if you want). That said, technical specifications don't matter a jot anyway, so it's nothing to get worked-up over. :p

http://www.tritonlabs.com/indexflash.html
:blink: That would be the last thing that I ever would have considered them moving on to...

EDIT: Hang on a minute... Quote-pyramids are back?

There are many reasons to use a second analog stick but the main reason is for manual camera control tons of games today suffer from poor cameras but those problems typically go away when the player has full control over the camera. I know you're gonna say 2D games like Mario do not need a second stick but cmon the system is called the 3DS you don't think some of those games will be 3D? ;)

Also I do not know the CPU of the 3DS just it's GPU.

Back