Nintendo 3DS

[...] I really thought the Dogs thing was really terrible and its success was only due to ignorance. I admit I never played it though, so it turns out I'm the ignorant one, sorry to propagate the myth ;)
Actual conversation that once happened around me ("Alice" and "Bob" are not the real names):

Alice: "What game is that? Wait, it's this weird Nintendogs, right?"

Bob: "Yeah, it's quite addicting..."

Alice: "I don't really like it. I mean... what could POSSIBLY be so much fun about it?"

Bob: "Well, have you ever played it?"

Alice: "No, but..."

Bob: "So, here you go... try it!"

Alice: "Nah, that's just not my kind of game - it doesn't make sense!"

Bob: "Come on! Just stroke that dog once..."

Alice [strokes dog]: "Aww! ...gimme that handheld!" [plays on for almost an hour]

She regularly asked "Bob" if she could play Nintendogs.

The end.

Has anyone seen the box-art for the three versions of Nintendogs + Cats? :lol:

The Golden Retriever looks incredibly shocked for no apparent reason, the French Bulldog looks hilariously goony, and the Toy Poodle version is ridiculously, ridiculously cute. :D (I got the option to switch my pre-order over to whichever version I wanted, after Amazon got around to adding the other two to their listings. I've gone with Toy Poodle, since I had the Labrador version last time.)

(It's a lot better than the current Andrex toilet paper adverts, where they are now using creepy-looking computer-generated Labradors.)

Last edited by a moderator:
when will nintendo release a husky/akita/pitbull/bulldog edition?

Well, at least a few of those breeds are present already. :p (I'm just not sure which versions they're in, yet, although they all become available in every version eventually, even if you never link with the others.)

Are you able to allow your pooch to plop in a digital park, and walk away pretending you haven't seen it as the little people look at you scornfully?

Thats the Resean i dont like nintendogs and i saw a bullterier in the preview video on the E3, a fighting dog :angry:

I like dogs, but not on the 3DS.., meybe i buy the game anyday, but not at launch..

I prever some other games...

Are you able to allow your pooch to plop in a digital park, and walk away pretending you haven't seen it as the little people look at you scornfully?

Yes, at least in the DS version. You can leave the poop on the street, but eventually one of the other townspeople will scold you.

Yes, at least in the DS version. You can leave the poop on the street, but eventually one of the other townspeople will scold you.
Except for that "Tim" guy, who would just scold you and act rude all the time, even when you never did anything wrong.

anyway, im really looking forward to ocarina of time 3ds, im searching youtube for new zelda 3ds footage every day and cant wait to replay that game once again, its been at least 4 years since i last finished/played it

^ It's almost eerie how smooth the 3DS version looks in comparison to the 15 to 20 frames per second of the N64 original.

it would be really difficult for me to point out any flaws of OOT for n64, but if you can make a great game play the same, and look better, im all for it

Some information on the 3DS' 3D photograph file format just cropped up. It uses the open .mpo format.

just released in japan, some unboxings are available from honk kong as well

Well, holy wow. Here are some very early MegaMan Legends 3 testing screenshots which hold some hope for original series fans like me.

See that placeholder model they're using? That's the original Mega Man, who shouldn't even be in this game because it's set at least 3000 to 4000 years after his time. The game's director says that it's a placeholder that they've dropped in from another game - except I've never seen this model elsewhere before. There is no explanation for the model of Bass.EXE, though - nor any explanation for the atrocious fact that it should have been Bass from the original series in his place, since the original Mega Man is there (for the unintiated: The Classic series and the Battle Network series exist in completely different continuities. Legends is the far future of the Classic series. Battle Network is completely unrelated).

I've had a gut feeling for a while that we might be seeing a Classic series Mega Man game on the 3DS, and this halfway confirms my suspicion, although the Bass.EXE model makes me wonder if we might finally be seeing that all-Mega Man-series crossover fighting game that they wanted to make a few years back instead (or as well?). Either way, this could be interesting. Just WHAT is this other game?

oh how i wish they keep the megaman helmet on....anyway, on another note, Satoru Iwats is having a keynote speech in a few hours, will likely talk about 3ds related stuff, maybe even some zelda wii/3ds release dates

Keynote Speech with Nintendo President

edit: super mario announced for 3ds, theyre brining back the tail from super mario bros 3, about damn time

oh how i wish they keep the megaman helmet on....anyway, on another note, Satoru Iwats is having a keynote speech in a few hours, will likely talk about 3ds related stuff, maybe even some zelda wii/3ds release dates

Keynote Speech with Nintendo President

edit: super mario announced for 3ds, theyre brining back the tail from super mario bros 3, about damn time

Thank you :D

Whilst they technically announced the game already, the tail part is real news! FINALLY! :D Tanuki Leaf for the win!

EDIT: Oh. It's the 3D "platformer" (read: most likely a scavenger-hunt/dull-spatial-trudge) one, not the 2D one they'd said they were working on. Damn.

Back