Nintendo 3DS

Married?!?! Nerdy?!?! I MUST KNOW!

Kidding, naturally. Still, I'd have married her that day!

They're not together anymore, you'd may as well just ask him for his ex-girlfriend upfront instead of her sister. I mean, she's probably way out of your age range but you didn't ask for a YOUNGER sister.

Not sure why people think siblings are substitutes for people!

Hmm, sounds like you have a bone to pick :p ;)

Hahaha I was kidding.

so is anybody else seeing 2d stuff in 3d since they got their 3ds?
Sometimes, while using a 2D screen when I've been playing in 3D for quite some time.

The brain is an amazing thing that will trick you if you give it a chance. That's why I like to keep mine sedated with large amounts of rum ;)
Alcohol? No thanks, not for me.

I prefer to keep my brain in a working state. Your brain is probably tricking you into drinking rum so it can secretly perfect its world domination plans (either that, or it's planning to keep your body (and thus itself) from degenerating by making you sedate yourself in order to keep you from thinking about your insufficiencies which would cause stress and I should probably make this sentence even longer :) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Alcohol? No thanks, not for me.

I prefer to keep my brain in a working state. Your brain is probably tricking you into drinking rum so it can secretly perfect its world domination plans (either that, or it's planning to keep your body (and thus itself) from degenerating by making you sedate yourself in order to keep you from thinking about your insufficiencies which would cause stress and I should probably make this sentence even longer :) ).
See, your brain is trying to trick you into keeping it active. Don't let it run your life! It will.... eh, I'm done. It's the 2nd.

See, your brain is trying to trick you into keeping it active. Don't let it run your life! It will.... eh, I'm done. It's the 2nd.
There you have it, the alcohol has definitely already dain bramaged you! Now that I got you to think about what alcohol has done to you already, I will now proceed by suggesting a healthier alternative:

Just buy "Nintendogs + Cats". :)

cat_proximity.png

Source: http://xkcd.com/231/

I hate dogs (even virtual ones), but since there is Kirby on the photo, I'm going to forgive you
biggrin.gif

- Currently playing Kirby's Adventure on NES -

Nintendogs + Cats, you say?

I like cats better, but... AWW, it's Kirby! Hi Kirby! And you're sitting there!

Must... stop... insane statements... Wow, I can still remember the code "Down + select + B" which lets you play Kirby's Dreamland in hard mode. I must have played that game through about 100 times on the Gameboy Pocket. I normally don't like games that are too easy, but Kirby is one of the exceptions. :)

In star viewer you can take away the A-1 card, maybe that's also possible in Nintendogs + Cats.

In star viewer you can take away the A-1 card, maybe that's also possible in Nintendogs + Cats.
You actually don't even need the A-1 card present for Nintendogs + Cats if you're using a character card. :) Incidentally, have you tried the Mario card with it? I got a Toad-style hat when I tried it yesterday, but got a Luigi one from the same card today! :blink: (EDIT: Wait a minute. This must depend on the colour of surface you put it on, like the AR fishing game's fish! I had the Mario card on grass today.)

It's really only there because I spent a chunk of yesterday afternoon playing with all of the AR photography modes available to me - Star Viewer, Mii Viewer, and the AR Camera item in Nintendogs + Cats - and I needed it there for the former two.

so has anyone discovered any other secrets or easter eggs on built in software other then different colors for fishing? so far ive destroyed the earth in ar games, causing me to have to rebuy it, and in the clock ar, the bird will destroy your 3ds if you get close enough. also theres a game & watch game you can actually play in the nintendo sounds app.

also, so far ive found 25 fish out of 31

^ Try blowing air on the rotating items in the system's main menu. ;)

oh ya, forgot that one, actually i found that one out by tapping the back of the 3ds :| thing makes it seem like it has a touchscreen on back like the NGP

oh yeah, also, in nintendo sounds, the parakeet will repeat what you say in a parakeet voice, but it takes a while for him to repeat it

^ Also in Nintendo Sound, if you press the L and R buttons whilst listening to music, you can make drum noises.

And here's another one that nobody seems to know: The visualisation that many describe as looking like an 8-bit platform game is a tribute to the Nintendo MP3 Player cartridge for the GBA and DS, which was the localised (and non-movie-playing) version of the device sold in Japan as the Play-Yan. I know this because I had the Nintendo MP3 Player cartridge, and used it as my primary music-player for quite a long time.

I've received my giant AR cards, and they're fantastic!

I used a service called FilePrint, which is very cheap indeed, and at checkout I chose Print Concern as the printing-house to handle the files. I got two sets, using the "Photo Poster" option, which gets you prints done on 200gsm heavy-silk paper (which is more like card) - one set in A4 size, and one set in A3 size, along with an A4 sheet with all six cards on it, so that I could have some duplicates of the regular-size kind to keep in my wallet. It cost me just under £9, including setup and postage costs, for the whole lot.

As promised, below are my source files for the giant cards. They are in JPEG format, as required by FilePrint, and are the ones I used to order the cards, so should give the same results to anyone else who uses them - just choose the "Photo Poster A3" option, and go from there, one image at a time.

Click here to download A3_3DS_AR_Cards.zip.
any nice pictures ever come from this?

One of them is above. :p But I'll share my favourite one, too;

HNI_0069.jpg

I have now mastered getting the AR cards just about out-of-shot (after this I managed one where the card was not visible at all, but it wasn't a very good picture overall).

I just read that nintendo is disappointed by the sales of the 3DS they only sold 3,6 million units while they were expecting more that 4 million. It like no units sold at all.

Here we are moaning about 4000 units :p

I just read that nintendo is disappointed by the sales of the 3DS they only sold 3,6 million units while they were expecting more that 4 million. It like no units sold at all.
That sounds like the press putting words in people's mouths, to me.

Their projection was exactly 4 million, and the actual sales came in just under that, during a time when a large ecological disaster hit the second-largest market for handhelds (Europe is the first, as far as I'm aware). :p

i think theyre gonna outsell their projected 16 million by the end of the year though

DaMummy, is it still busy at the 3DSForums? It seems like interest in 3DS has died down a bit (which is normal with launches, due to lackluster initial games line-up). I reckon, late next month and June will be when it picks up speed.

Back