Nintendo 3DS

My girlfriend said she wanted to get me something expensive for my birthday, since I got her a new laptop for Christmas, but she was worried I might buy it for myself, so I promised not to buy anything until my birthday.

A few days ago we saw an ad for the 3DS and she tells me "don't buy one of those." She's not too good at keeping secrets :p

My girlfriend said she wanted to get me something expensive for my birthday, since I got her a new laptop for Christmas, but she was worried I might buy it for myself, so I promised not to buy anything until my birthday.

A few days ago we saw an ad for the 3DS and she tells me "don't buy one of those." She's not too good at keeping secrets :p

At least she buys you good stuff and tries to keep it under wraps. My wife has gotten to the point where she just tells me to buy something for myself and tell her how much it cost.

edited (to make it more 3DS related): Me preorder is supposed to get here later today, but I haven't ordered a game yet so it is just going to sit. I'm waiting for the Amazon preorder bonus to kick in before I get Street Fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

At least she buys you good stuff and tries to keep it under wraps. My wife has gotten to the point where she just tells me to buy something for myself and tell her how much it cost.

edited (to make it more 3DS related): Me preorder is supposed to get here later today, but I haven't ordered a game yet so it is just going to sit. I'm waiting for the Amazon preorder bonus to kick in before I get Street Fighter.
i talked to amazon csr, and they told me you can order them now at with the $25 credit, and the credit will be applied to your account 2 days after your 3DS ships, i cant confirm this as neither my games nor systems have come from amazon yet, even though i ordered 3ds from amazon the 1st day pre-orders went live, and i ordered 2 games on saturday, and they shipped the same day. btw the way, amazon also told me that you can either do the $25 credit towards a game, OR the free accesory, that you cant do both, again, all from the horses mouth, nothing confirmed by me to be true

Married?!?! Nerdy?!?! I MUST KNOW!

Kidding, naturally. Still, I'd have married her that day!

so is anybody else seeing 2d stuff in 3d since they got their 3ds?

^ I think I'm imagining it... :lol:

My ability to judge distances and volume has been positively affected by the 3DS, though. It's very useful indeed.

i swear im looking at my monitor, and sometimes stuff just starts to pop out to a point where i have to forcibly shut my eyes and shake my head to get back to normal

I think you should stop playing with your 3DS for a while
biggrin.gif

Or at least turning the 3D effect down.

i think not... *continues his Find Mii quest and kicking butt in SSFIV

Married?!?! Nerdy?!?! I MUST KNOW!

Kidding, naturally. Still, I'd have married her that day!

They're not together anymore, you'd may as well just ask him for his ex-girlfriend upfront instead of her sister. I mean, she's probably way out of your age range but you didn't ask for a YOUNGER sister.

Not sure why people think siblings are substitutes for people!

so is anybody else seeing 2d stuff in 3d since they got their 3ds?
A popular technique of 3D a few years ago was different colourss. The particular wavelengths of these colours would be shifted by a different amount by the lenses of the glasses. The result was things like blue and purple would not get shifted, but red would get heavily shifted, and when your eyes tried to focus on the shifted images, you got a 3D picture. Crayola recently had a chalk lineup that made this effect.

Having messed around with that for a few hours non-stop several years ago, I took the glasses off to find that certain shades of red felt like they were floating a little bit in front of blues. It was months before my vision finally went back to normal.

^ I'm thinking that this particular effect may perhaps be psychological. I would get it at random after trying out the store demo unit - the thing was, it only happened weeks later, and I noticed that it only occurred when I was getting impatient for, or otherwise thinking about, the 3DS. :lol:

The brain is an amazing thing that will trick you if you give it a chance. That's why I like to keep mine sedated with large amounts of rum ;)

I think your way is better than mine.

I keep my brain from working with shitty TV, it works well, maybe too well
dry.gif

As they put on one of the unlockable Game Boy Printer stickers in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Game Boy Colour, "Imagination is a wonderful toy.". I prefer to keep the brain amazing - it's much more fun that way. :D

Back