Nintendo 3DS

its no neogaf, but yeah people talk about important news they hear, nothing exclusive

Working in a game shop I ended up buying a 3DS, and after a few weeks of use I hardly, if ever, use the 3D on it, it never gave me headaches or any of that crap i just found the gimmick a bit, well, gimmicky.

I got pilot wings on it and rayman, but i tended to stick with the original DS stuff, I am just sitting waiting for Zelda, and hoping a new side scrolling Metroid graces it, that's it really, it's good but not groundbreaking, we'll just have to see the Sony NGP later this year...

I suspect that the 3D will become less gimicky and more integrated over time. Look at the early uses of the DS' touch screen vs the later years touch walking, for example. It has the potential to become a useful thing for gaming, it just may take a few years for them to get it right, and I do hope they keep striving towards that. It'd suck if developers took all this "the 3D is just a gimick" to heart and stopped bothering to find a good use for it.

for me, its starting to become to norm, i dont even notice when im playing in 3d anymore, but 2d is just plain now and i feel like something is missing

OoT is the one i will be playing 3D, I enjoyed it with Rayman but Pilot Wings felt a bit odd playing in 3D which is why I stopped.

The biggest draw of OoT is that they have redone all of the graphics and the master quest they included in Wind Waker :)

I won't even bother with MQ, because I want the normal OoT experience.
Master Quest was an alternate "more challenging" version. It's akin to the second quest you get when you beat the original LoZ.

I'll play MQ mainly because it's not available anywhere else other than the wind wakers extra disc, although i will thoroughly mash the original first :)

I just received DoA and I must say it's freakin' awesome! It's graphically impressive, if not more impressive than DoA on XBOX 1. w000000t~

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Do you have a Japanese 3DS?

2. Yes, that's right...DoA4 was the last DoA fighting game before DoA: Dimensions.

Doa4cover.jpg

3DS 2.0.0 update online now, at least in usa, with webbrower and eshop

Ooh, this thread's been bumped up again. :D I made a find that I wanted to post: I found a UK supplier for the Nyko PowerPak+ replacement battery (to my knowledge, they're currently the only one). They have them on-hand currently, and they're easy to fit. It's 2000mAh, instead of the stock 1300mAh, and it makes all the difference - the result is that it fixes the system's only real flaw, giving it a proper battery-life. :p

As for the eShop update, it's live here now, too. It's a bit slow to update, isn't it?

3DS 2.0.0 update online now, at least in usa, with webbrower and eshop

Ooh, this thread's been bumped up again. :D I made a find that I wanted to post: I found a UK supplier for the Nyko PowerPak+ replacement battery (to my knowledge, they're currently the only one). They have them on-hand currently, and they're easy to fit. It's 2000mAh, instead of the stock 1300mAh, and it makes all the difference - the result is that it fixes the system's only real flaw, giving it a proper battery-life. :p

As for the eShop update, it's live here now, too. It's a bit slow to update, isn't it?
You're from the UK, right? It's not here yet in Australia for some reason?

Back