Nintendo 3DS

nothing to see here move along, it was only mega man legends related, sadly not what i was hoping for :(

I can't wait to get my Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS on the 31st of March (Australian launch)...but for the time bing I'll continue to play my Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS. B)

http://i.imgur.com/kzUBS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1XSfP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eVUHP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6TZzz.jpg

NTTzg.jpg

tmqIg.jpg

GKGPX.jpg

DHsDI.jpg

Is it only me or everybody agree that the fact that someone nicknamed Sony praise Nintendo's products is funny the ironic way?

I know. :lol:

This built-in stuff is all very much like "Game Boy Camera: The Return". I love it. Anyone who had fun with the Game Boy Camera should know exactly what I mean, here.

I've sent off some A3 card images for professional printing. Hopefully they come out well. If they do turn out well, and if anyone else wants to get some, I'll link to where I got them from, and provide my A3 images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like bollocks to me. I went to my local GAME, asked if they had a demo unit, and they simply brought it out for me to try, and even stood around posing so that I could try out Face Raiders. :lol:

Aha! Interesting stuff. Post back to let us know how you get on with it - there are a few reports here now, and I must admit that I'm finding them interesting.

As an aside: I can't wait! Only four more days to go! (And my giant AR cards should hopefully arrive tomorrow, in plenty of time for launch-day.)

if theres anyone thats testing out a unit where you can only play a game, such as pilotwings, you can reset the unit in a way to let you mess around with whateveres in the homemenu with this

Here are the steps he outlines:

Hold the power button until the 3DS is off.

Press and hold simultaneously the following buttons for 3 seconds: start, select, L, and R.

Press the power button and a menu should pop up on screen that asks about a StreetPass feature.

Press the home button to go to the menu.

I think I'll wait on the 3DS until the inevitable redesign and/or improvement comes along.
Kenichi Sugino said:
[...] we don't have any short-term plans for creating a more compact version of Nintendo 3DS like we did with Nintendo DS Lite.
Source: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_nintendo_3ds_30756_31133.html
Heh, I read that as well. Think about it, though; what would people do if they knew Nintendo had plans to release a newer, better one later on? They'd wait, and all the work put into the initial 3DS wouldn't pay off. You'd be mad to think they won't give it at least one revision! Also note the qualifier "short-term". Usually, Ninty releases the new system, and shortly after the high of the hardware wears off, they bring out a few new good games and a hardware revision in an effort to remain relevant. The mainstream consumer is loyal to nobody and always follows status quo. Shiny and new is the status quo here, and thus it's common for a handheld to go through multiple revisions. Let's see...

The GameBoy received 2 (3 if you count Japan's GameBoy Light), the GBA had 3 (SP, SP2, Micro), and the DS had 3. I can guarantee you the 3DS will see a redesign, complete with an improved battery and faster load times for regular DS games (though that may be fixed with a firmware later on).

I've received my giant AR cards, and they're fantastic!

I used a service called FilePrint, which is very cheap indeed, and at checkout I chose Print Concern as the printing-house to handle the files. I got two sets, using the "Photo Poster" option, which gets you prints done on 200gsm heavy-silk paper (which is more like card) - one set in A4 size, and one set in A3 size, along with an A4 sheet with all six cards on it, so that I could have some duplicates of the regular-size kind to keep in my wallet. It cost me just under £9, including setup and postage costs, for the whole lot.

As promised, below are my source files for the giant cards. They are in JPEG format, as required by FilePrint, and are the ones I used to order the cards, so should give the same results to anyone else who uses them - just choose the "Photo Poster A3" option, and go from there, one image at a time.

Click here to download A3_3DS_AR_Cards.zip.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GameBoy received 2 (3 if you count Japan's GameBoy Light), the GBA had 3 (SP, SP2, Micro), and the DS had 3. I can guarantee you the 3DS will see a redesign, complete with an improved battery and faster load times for regular DS games (though that may be fixed with a firmware later on).
Yes, it's rather likely that the 3DS will see a redesign. From what I know about Nintendo though, that won't happen anytime soon. I can't imagine them releasing a 3DS redesign within two years after they said that there are no "short-term plans". That wouldn't be very "Nintendo". They even released The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Gamecube because they once had promised to do it.

Well, let's wait two years and then you can call me a fool. ;)

Well I tried out the 3DS yesterday. Gamestation game me a retail unit to play with. It's easily the best handheld console I've every used. The 3D effect is amazing, the buttons feel good, and the analogue nub is great. The whole unit is a bit smaller than I anticipated as well. Overall a very pleasant experience and I plan on getting one when I can. The only downside is that they only let me try Street Fighter, not that that's a bad thing.

There are only 2 Days left in Germany, tomorow i have free (our Beekeeper store has only open at monday, wednesday and saturday) and "the day after Tomorow" i also have free... so im happy.. :lol:

Back