New Pics Up On Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rathum said:
craigix said:
dflemstr said:
It's more like a bug in the BBCode parser.

Look:
[quote name='Leeroy Jenkins' post='
My little hidden message... The password is "a32mdGF2"
0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef

Buffer overflow hacks, here we come :p hide me

None such on the appstore :D

Makes for a wicked quote pyramid.
[/quote]
The thing is that I think I can get the regex parser to crash if introduce another "level of confusion" (it becomes an NP-complete problem to parse the text)
Bot I don't think I should try, dunno how labile the forum software is at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that was unexpected, how exactly?

Fair call. It does seem like we discover new ways to go crazy each time though. Craig & Exophase arguing about used car sales? Golden.

Aaaanyway. Can anyone help me out with a source link / official statement on the matte finishing process? I know it's a permanent treatment etc etc, but someone on the blog has asked if it's just a coating that could wear off, and I'd like to give them more than my word for it. Search is not my friend this morning.

Gruso said:

Fair call. It does seem like we discover new ways to go crazy each time though. Craig & Exophase arguing about used car sales? Golden.

Aaaanyway. Can anyone help me out with a source link / official statement on the matte finishing process? I know it's a permanent treatment etc etc, but someone on the blog has asked if it's just a coating that could wear off, and I'd like to give them more than my word for it. Search is not my friend this morning.
While it's not, IIRC, any kind of actual coating, I've worn matte stuff shiny with usage. I've seen this happen on the GP2X too. So theoretically it can happen with heavy usage, but it's not due to a coating wearing off.

Gruso said:

My guess is that it's something akin to sandblasting, in the sense that it buffs the surface to remove inconsistencies and make everything more even. Might be a chemical treatment, not sure. I'm pretty sure it's not an additive thing (like a coating), but more of a subtractive thing (involving removing excess plastic).

Hmm, looking down at my mouse (I'm at work) I guess this is the type of wear Tom is talking about:

20a6zw2.jpg

Note shiny bits. This is is after 2+ years of solid AutoCAD abuse, 8+ hours per day. I'm pretty hardcore on the mouse too, it's the only one in the office that looks this way. I can't see this happening to the Pandora any time soon, considering that the abuse will largely be focused on the keys & controls, not the matte finish itself. In any case I consider my shiny bits a badge of honour.

[edit] Thanks intense_mc, very helpful. :lol:

Attachments

• 20a6zw2.jpg
    20a6zw2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 125
Yeah, I've been looking forward to seeing Gruso's manky old mouse for ages, too. :p

craigix said:
this post is Craig speaking, so it's clearly incorrect.
Well said.

clear·ly [kleer-lee]
–adverb
1. in Craig Rothwell's style

craigix said:
Why aren't you all amazed that they are going to meet the 22nd March deadline?
I guess because bitching is much more fun..

Gruso said:
Hmm, looking down at my mouse (I'm at work) I guess this is the type of wear Tom is talking about:

[pic removed]

Note shiny bits. This is is after 2+ years of solid AutoCAD abuse, 8+ hours per day. I'm pretty hardcore on the mouse too, it's the only one in the office that looks this way. I can't see this happening to the Pandora any time soon, considering that the abuse will largely be focused on the keys & controls, not the matte finish itself. In any case I consider my shiny bits a badge of honour.

[edit] Thanks intense_mc, very helpful. :lol:

Except, you don't go throwing your mouse into your back pack, in your pocket, etc. I suspect the areas of high contact will get shiny faster than your mouse... such as the edges and especially the corners. Also, the sides at the bottom edge where your palms hold it.

Gruso said:
Yep, you'd expect that over time. But I know I won't be using the Pandora the same way I use this (very very cheap) mouse.
My mouse (Logitech MX518) also has a worn shiny spot where my thumb usually rests. The spot where my ring finger rests is partially worn through as well. In this case, though, I think the finish may be a coating - the sides are not only matte but feel a bit rubbery. I've been using it for almost three years now.

One of my other mice (a Kensington PilotMouse Optical) which is close to seven years old also has shiny patches on the top part where my fingers rest - that definitely has some kind of rubberized coating, though.

Exophase said:
B-ZaR said:
and a shady car salesman type developer Craig

It's funny because I heard that craigix is actually in the car sales business.

It would at least fit with what I've seen of his character, online.

Exophase said:
craigix said:
I guess you might be too then.

That doesn't even make any sense. Answer my question.

This is Craig you're talking to. He doesn't feel the need to make sense.

Things to remember next time OpenPandora complain about how they've got their financial lives on the line, or when Craig next complains about how difficult it is to park his BMW 7 series:

craigix said:
I personally like classic cars though, I have a '68 eldorado coupe and a 635csi highline BMW.

craigix said:
I've got a Toyota Previa which I use as a van, it's only got 68,000 miles on it. It's an 8 seater.

The thing is though, I'm hoping to use this as the Pandora-mobile when everyone is here to build them (etc.) to take us to the pub for lunch. We should brand it THEN sell it. Profit.

Maybe the problem with parking the BMW is all the other cars in the way?

Gruso said:

Except that Exophase wasn't arguing about that - clearly!

Craig doesn't argue about ANYTHING clearly.

Gruso said:
Yep, you'd expect that over time. But I know I won't be using the Pandora the same way I use this (very very cheap) mouse.

You won't slide it around the deak stabbing at the front corners from time to time? Why ever not???

It must be great being you, you just troll these boards daily... like dare I say... a bully?

Anyway, I've decided to reply in detail to your post because it's a sunny day and I'm about to go out with my girlfriend, so I'm feeling rather good. So I thought I'd just show people how weak your latest petty attempt to make me look bad is, because this attack you made was a bit more personal than normal.

Monk said:
Things to remember next time OpenPandora complain about how they've got their financial lives on the line, or when Craig next complains about how difficult it is to park his BMW 7 series:

Ah yes, that would be the 1998 7 series with 205,000 miles on it. And it once hit a deer. Worth about £800 maybe? People on this forum have seen the car, they are aware of the comical state of it.

craigix said:
I personally like classic cars though, I have a '68 eldorado coupe and a 635csi highline BMW.

A '68 caddy which I bought needing total restoration. It does not even have an interior. No MOT, no Tax, no insurance.

The 635CSI has 202,000 miles on it, needs a respray + new interior. Might be worth £1000 if tidied up? Certainly worth only scrap value now (£150). No MOT, no Tax, no insurance.

craigix said:
I've got a Toyota Previa which I use as a van, it's only got 68,000 miles on it. It's an 8 seater.

The thing is though, I'm hoping to use this as the Pandora-mobile when everyone is here to build them (etc.) to take us to the pub for lunch. We should brand it THEN sell it. Profit.

The previa is from 1994. That's 16 years old, and it's rusty. Worth maybe £400?

Monk said:
Maybe the problem with parking the BMW is all the other cars in the way?

No, because you might not have realised this but I live in the country side. There is lots of space here.

And why the Previa? Because I use it as a van, it's a tool. I'm restoring my house. I bought the house... needing a new interior.

Now I wonder, how many people here have one car worth far more than all of mine? I'd suggest most people.

Now maybe you will apologise, because this attempt to smear me was pretty low.

Now we accuse you of being a hoarder craigix!

Joking mate haha. My dad has four cars, 5 including his work car (owned by Powerlink) that doesn't make him a tight ass, as only his work car, works. He just likes old volkswagens, maybe a bit too much.

Does he want to buy a noisy '98 VW Golf then perhaps?
My piece o xxxx car does my head in having to keep paying out for things just to keep it alive.
Suns coming and I think I might go pedestrian again for the season, B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back