New Multifirmware!!

Has anyone tested this? i don't wanna go f%^&ing up my gp32 by accidentally flashing an atari rom to the bios :lol:

atari rom? whaddaya talking 'bout? it has to be FW.bin and do it in the root folder. then fw.fxe in gpmm and flash....

i tried it and its great :D

Ta, Just flashed it it's pretty good but I'm just going to default to Euro FW (which is what I already had) as I fail to see the use of MFW as of yet.

i got the same problem as you do. My PC doesnt recognizr the GP anymore, and if i get it to recognize it (sometimes it happens), i cant transfer files larger than 260,096 Bytes or 254kbytes. So i cant even flash another firmware onto my GP32.

Please, i need urgent help here.

im not buying an smc reader just because some shit firmware doesnt work on xp. im currently in the process of trying to install my gp on my sister's win98 pc but its a hard fucking challenge seeing as it's so old and doesnt seem to want to copy the pc link or fw.bin to it

well, it doesnt work with win 98, so just dont try.

what we need is

1. a card reader

2. a firmware that is less than those 254kb (i could find one)

So there is one tipp, if you want to try if this fw works for you: make sure you copy over Multifw2 or any other fw (dont forget a fw flasher) onto your SMC.

damn this really sucks.

btw: at those who have problems with that stupid firmware: please tell me, what speed you could overclock to. i got mine flawlessly up to 166. Perhaps this is an issue with those GPS (Wolfsclaw is a budy of mine (NO HE DID NOT WRITE THIS FW, ITS NOT HIS FAULT) and can go up to 156 and it works flawlessly for him.)

One idea would be a zip of the firmware (it's 250,319 bytes zipped).

Then knock up a quick app using zlib that just decompresses fw.zip on the GP32. Should not be very hard to code at all, and no I am not going to do it I am affraid as I am about to go out for food.

Hehe, it's too bad you guys didn't put Mr. Spivs File-Link FXE in your GP32 beforehand - that would have completely saved you.

Back