News About Multi Firmwares, And Some Great Screens

aquafish - campain editing the levels to be identical to the GBA versions would indeed make the levels look identicle, but they would play differently. The enemies would still need to be emulated so they move their units as they do in the gba versions.

For example, the level may be identical, with all the units in their correct starting positions, but in the GP32 version, the computer player moves his first unit down, whereas in the gba version, the computer player moves his first unit to the left.

Just something to think about.

aquafish..

Here are some items that came up while I am trying out your firmware. (3.1b & 3.2)

First, when I flashed 3.2 (None of the custom links worked) Like GPFM, MP3, etc.

When I flashed 3.1b, those custom links worked correctly.

with 3.1b, if I launch the eeprom version it has a lot of blank spaces where the custom list items would have been. (maybe it is supposed to be that way) so I have like 4 empty spots that I can select over, before the standard options are there, (Eur firmware, etc.)

With your Boot.ini Configurator, I have a problem with the color. I tried to do Yellow for both (background and text) (Full Red, Full Green, No Blue) And when the SMC boot came up, both colors were Aqua (I assume, Full Green Full Blue, No Red) I tried reversing the colors... (By putting aqua in the boot ini, Full Green, Full Blue, No Red) and it came up with a wierd brown.

Is it possible to not have a box around the selection? I like the box, but I don't like that it overwrites the picture when I move my selection. But that is just being picky :)

Thats it for now. (just trying to find a good color that works w/ my boot picture. ) So far though I love it. Keep up the great work.

~DarkWolfNine

CrazyGoon posted on Feb 27 2004 at 09:37 PM said:
aquafish - campain editing the levels to be identical to the GBA versions would indeed make the levels look identicle, but they would play differently. The enemies would still need to be emulated so they move their units as they do in the gba versions.

For example, the level may be identical, with all the units in their correct starting positions, but in the GP32 version, the computer player moves his first unit down, whereas in the gba version, the computer player moves his first unit to the left.

if your talkin about computer, it's generated the most logical moves and such, i gather moving down is the best way to get to your troops and kill them, so it does it, all on position of other teams troops and what troops they have

Last edited by a moderator:
im really looking forward to GPAW, thats freakin awesome news! i sold my gba and AW2 for a GP32...!

heheh

upgrade my CoMi File manager.. it's 75k (bin)
and.. has no "file copy" func...
but it has move / rename flder / rename files

it's a task for 5 min to add... copy func 8))

anbd GPFM works at 133Mhz

i don't like such shtuffo

or just ParkWars, then you can make it about Andy and the rest of the generals as children fighting for control of the play ground and using toy soldiers to fight!

...please ignore that, it was done only for the express purpose of comedy. :p

ThndrShk2k posted on Feb 28 2004 at 04:10 AM said:
CrazyGoon posted on Feb 27 2004 at 09:37 PM said:

if your talkin about computer, it's generated the most logical moves and such, i gather moving down is the best way to get to your troops and kill them, so it does it, all on position of other teams troops and what troops they have
It should be fine then, as long as the computer is programmed in the same way as the gba version :)

Last edited by a moderator:
let him work o_O
were getting this all for free so he can take as much time as he want to until it gets published.
with time, its only getting better...

sorry if ya thought so
I wasnt demanding him finish
I was just wonderin if he had a release date planned
sorry :(
I know it takes a while to code stuff
took me a long while just to out out demos when i used to do GBA shit
sry

~Octavious

Back