To NanoTeam and Drummaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPBios is designed to be simple.

No menus/lists to choose from to slow things down,
No ini files to mess with
Its just dead easy

Put a file on your smc named boot.fxe/.bin and your GP32 will boot to it.
Rename 2 programs in your gpmm folder to boot1.fxe and boot2.fxe and you can boot from these by holding down start or select when you switch on.

I know aquafish firmware can let you do similar things AND more - but GPBios is much simpler for someone who is new to flashing to set up and get working the way they want straight away.

ANYONE can do it!

I have Spivs MFW. It came with my gp32 (gbax) and I aint gonna risk flashing :)

Anyways it does everything I want it to do, I use pacrom 99% of the time and its fast and easy :)

But both of the above fw's sound good ^_^

edit: because mr spivs is good doesent mean aquafish's is uselss or gpbios :). Its good to have alternatives. B)
I agree with that :) flashed it myself though ;)

I'm currently 100% happy with multiFW, so why risk breaking a perfectly healthy GP32? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
GPBios is designed to be simple.

No menus/lists to choose from to slow things down,
No ini files to mess with
Its just dead easy

Put a file on your smc named boot.fxe/.bin and your GP32 will boot to it.
Rename 2 programs in your gpmm folder to boot1.fxe and boot2.fxe and you can boot from these by holding down start or select when you switch on.

I know aquafish firmware can let you do similar things AND more - but GPBios is much simpler for someone who is new to flashing to set up and get working the way they want straight away.

ANYONE can do it!
Yes but in Aqua fw .ini creates himself, so no need to edit it (except if you want particular text color...).

You turn on you GP32 and choose ONLY ONCE the program you want to boot on (if you want to change then press "b" on startup).

Is is difficult to do that? Even my gran mother can do it. :)

So in which way GPBios is simpler? :blink:

Sorry for this but I don't understand why GPBios is easier...

PinkSpider, just be sure to put in new batteries and put fw.fxe in gp:/gpmm and the bios rename it to fw.bin and put it in gp:/ and all you have to do is hit the buttons it says to and wait for it to tell you to reboot your gp32 (once the blue bar is finished it'll say it on the bottom)

But if you don't feel comfortable doing it then don't! MultiFW2 by Mr. Spiv is an excellent multifirmware! if you make it autoboot to pacrom you can set it ot autoboot any program you want from pacrom ;)
I dont see why I would risk it when I have such a great fw ^_^. Pacrom has everything I could ever want from it. Only other thing I could want is gpdrive (or whatever the other version is called) but I have it on my smc anyway so it doesent matter and its only small :rolleyes:

i have used both and I prefer gpbios. But thats surely what its all about... using the one you PREFER.

It's pointless arguing about which has which features so is better, cos at the end of the day its all down to what you, as an individual, want.

I (and others) like GPBios

Drumaster (and others) like Aquafish

etc etc.

that is all there is to say !

pointless thread...
imo

malty

Sorry for this but I don't understand why GPBios is easier...

Drumaster:

Okay - I admit it. It is just a matter of preference.

When I switch on my GP32 I have 3 different programs I can boot from by holding down different buttons so no need to go through any menus. (As well as these I can also boot to korean firmware, gplink or gpdrive again without menus)

These 3 different programs are totally different on all 5 of my smc's.

I found this all really easy to set up using GPBios.
You find it easier using aquafish.

I think this is where we thank both nanoteam and aquafish for their excellent work and get on with life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back