New Firmware (V. 1.2.0) Out Now!

I extracted the actual libopengles_lite.so from the 1.2.0 firmware and uploaded it to the archive. So everybody can use it without updating the whole firmware:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,304

sbock said:
I extracted the actual libopengles_lite.so from the 1.2.0 firmware and uploaded it to the archive. So everybody can use it without updating the whole firmware:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,304

thanks! i wanted to ask if someone extracts it, but here it is already. :)

*edit*
could u please extract libglport.so, too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to read that they fixed the refresh rate of the device. It will suck some extra battery power, but who cares.

Once the firmware is available in English, I will download it and apply it as soon as possible (along with some new applications and games =)).

GPHoldings, we're waiting for the EUR firm!!

I think Koreans are a bit lazy (at least people from GPH)...

it's stated that it will be released on the 9th of february. so stay tuned :)

crow_riot said:
it's stated that it will be released on the 9th of february. so stay tuned :)

OK, thanks for the info!

finally, http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,316

First of all i would like to help everyone understand the new firmware
1 copy the contents to a sd card iused a non hc 2gb pny just put files no dir
2 press r while turning on power keep r pressed you will see upgrading firmware then screen will go black then you will see a blue upgrading firmware screen
3 as the firmware updates a red bar progresses at the top at about 70 percent it goes fast it should take 15 min
4 when finished firmware updates complete will show you have to turn it off
Now thats it

Why upgrade ? Because emulators run a bit faster or at least load a bit nicer
Menu is less sluggish
Virtually no tearing in any emulators despite what some said

emulators tried
snes
amiga
final burn alpha
gameboy advance
mame
neo geo
nes
scummvm
sega
starcon2
the screen also calibrates fine and works well

sorry for the typing im using my ps3

upgrade it is a must it is safe

Now is it an official firmware because it is not located in their English site.

Javy3 said:
Is it an official firmware because it is not located in their English site?
Please read the quotes below.

EvilDragon said:
fett42 said:
I wonder why this isn't on the English GPH website. Last time they told us there was a special version for the Europian/North American market and to not download the Korean version. Just wondering where this one came from and if it is the same sort of situation with this release. Anyway, a lot of people have been going nuts waiting for the firmware relase for some reason. I downloaded it myself, just not sure if I should install it or wait for an official word from GPH.

Because GPH currently are having some problems uploading to their website. They sent it to me so I can release it.

SONY said:
Javy3 said:
Is it an official firmware because it is not located in their English site?
Please read the quotes below.

EvilDragon said:
fett42 said:
I wonder why this isn't on the English GPH website. Last time they told us there was a special version for the Europian/North American market and to not download the Korean version. Just wondering where this one came from and if it is the same sort of situation with this release. Anyway, a lot of people have been going nuts waiting for the firmware relase for some reason. I downloaded it myself, just not sure if I should install it or wait for an official word from GPH.

Because GPH currently are having some problems uploading to their website. They sent it to me so I can release it.
Are there any downsides to updating. I mean are there any problems with this firmware yet??

Javy3 said:
Cool but who is Evil Dragon???
He's the owner of the German gp2x forums, the gp2x.de shop and the file archives. See: http://www.gp2x.de/cms/content/view/5/83/

how long should the upgrade take?
My wiz has been sitting at the Firmware Upgrade screen for the last hour!?
no progress bar that I can see either...

thanks

R

horizontalcolumn said:
how long should the upgrade take?
My wiz has been sitting at the Firmware Upgrade screen for the last hour!?
no progress bar that I can see either...

thanks

R
I'm told it should only take about 15 minutes... I left mine on for approximately an hour before resetting.

I posted my experience with the firmware upgrade here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51949-official-firmware-v1-2-1-released/page__st__30

My post is below. Also note that another user on that same thread had the same issue I did but for whatever reason his upgrade failed, so I don't really have any advice for you, my best guess is either it worked or it messed up. If you don't see any type of progress bar I'm guessing the latter.

MiOdd said:
"Okay, started firmware upgrade, I'm really nervous, this is the first time I upgraded the firmware. The screen image isn't being displayed properly but I can see the red bar moving and make out the words "Firmware Upgrading". The red bar got to the end of the screen and the I'm waiting for it to say "Firmware Complete" but the screen hasn't changed for like 5 minutes now... getting worried... is this normal? Should I just continue to wait?

-EDIT-

Okay, it seemed frozen on this screen, I left it there for an additional 20 minutes got nowhere, I was fed up and restarted, but it worked, firmware upgraded... yay me! Sorry for the unnecessary post..."

i got fed up and i turned it off and on expecting a brick, however it booted back up into 1.1.0 fine. so i tried it again, and again and still the same process...

turn it on. [sic] "firmware upgrage" screen.. nothing!

think ill also stick with 1.1.0 - i dont want a $200 brick!

:S

Jan-Nik said:
Javy3 said:
Cool but who is Evil Dragon???
He's the owner of the German gp2x forums, the gp2x.de shop and the file archives. See: http://www.gp2x.de/cms/content/view/5/83/

Naaah, I'm the evil one that wants your souls and destroys your WIZzes ;)

Last edited:
Huh, apparently constantly recalibrating the touch screen fixes the problems with it, go figure.

Back