Any Official Or Proven Info Of F300?

difuno

Still Fresh
I have a wiz, a cannoo but not any earlier models, I've been quite interested in both F200 and F100.

I recently ran into a good offer, a GP2X F200, that was what the seller told me, and that was what it looked like in the pictures I got from the seller.

I received the machine today, and it says VOCA Mater in the front, and GP2X-F300 on the back. I was surprised because I'd only learnt of F100 and F200 but never F300.

I went online and tried to google some info of this model, but it has rarely been mentioned and seems most of the threads contain this key word are from this forum. But the last discussion has been years old.

What has really happened with this machine? What is really inside this machine, the guts of a WIZ? Or is it just a GP2X-F200 rebranded?

What software can I use on this machine? Those of WIZ or those of GP2X?

Any useful info will be appreciated :)

Alright, here are some pictures I took:

UI (Korean and English)

P1130018.jpg

P1130045.jpg

back

P1130019.jpg

system info

P1130050.jpg

size comparison

P1130016.jpg

Here's the Voca Master site, http://voca-master.co.kr/ It's all in Korean but maybe Google translate can help you out.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that most games/apps would have to be recompiled for the F300. But then again it is just a Wiz in a GP2X shell so just try out all the Wiz games, maybe some of them will work.
Your kind of lucky imo, I want one of these just to add to my collection as these model Voca Master's aren't made anymore.

Orion4874 said:
Here's the Voca Master site, http://voca-master.co.kr/ It's all in Korean but maybe Google translate can help you out.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that most games/apps would have to be recompiled for the F300. But then again it is just a Wiz in a GP2X shell so just try out all the Wiz games, maybe some of them will work.
Your kind of lucky imo, I want one of these just to add to my collection as these model Voca Master's aren't made anymore.

Thanks!
I think I can now tell it's almost a Wiz, I tried some app's on Wiz and some of them work to some extends.

P1180008.jpg

P1180010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Essentially a Wiz inside a F200's case with a bigger screen, but the os has some slight differences making standard wiz software not always run as-is (from what I've heard... never got my hands on one myself...). In some ways you're really lucky, as outside of Korea it's quite rare and probably more of a collectors item! On the other hand, if you wanted a GP2X, then you kinda got the weirdest denial to own I've ever seen... Mind you ALOT of GP2X software has been ported or works through GINGE on the newer systems you own, but I guess certain titles are still GP2X only...

Hooka said:
Essentially a Wiz inside a F200's case with a bigger screen, but the os has some slight differences making standard wiz software not always run as-is (from what I've heard... never got my hands on one myself...). In some ways you're really lucky, as outside of Korea it's quite rare and probably more of a collectors item! On the other hand, if you wanted a GP2X, then you kinda got the weirdest denial to own I've ever seen... Mind you ALOT of GP2X software has been ported or works through GINGE on the newer systems you own, but I guess certain titles are still GP2X only...

Thanks and now I think I understand why those Wiz apps partially worked on F300.

Yes, it was kinda weird, I was looking for a standard F100/F200 and I got an F300, it's not a bad thing though as I always love to collect strange handheld players. But this also means I still need to grab myself an F200, and possibly an F100 as well :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting. Back in the day when GPH used to talk to me I am pretty sure that they initially referred to their next console, which would become the Wiz, as the F300.

Back