New Firmware (V. 1.2.0) Out Now!

Never mind, I just deleted the filesystem and created it again using Gparted under Linux and now the card works again. This is very strange because the card still worked fine in my Laptop. Somehow the update process must have damaged the filesystem which the Wiz then couldn't handle anymore while my Laptop could.

edit: Yeah, could also be a rare bug. Anyway: If someone runs into it, just reformat your card.

Jan-Nik said:
Never mind, I just deleted the filesystem and created it again using Gparted under Linux and now the card works again. This is very strange because the card still worked fine in my Laptop. Somehow the update process must have damaged the filesystem which the Wiz then couldn't handle anymore while my Laptop could.

edit: Yeah, could also be a rare bug. Anyway: If someone runs into it, just reformat your card.

Ah, good to know it's working again... :)

BTW, just tested Jntetri. I now get 70 fps instead of 40 at start. Not too shabby...

Last edited by a moderator:
that new firmware has slow down the pockest SNES 6.5 for 50 %!!

edit... never mind just use "fast pocketsnes.gpe"

How do I load it on?

Ive decompressed it to the sd card and turned on my Wiz, but if I got to Launcher it is blank

Sbock.. Whats Jnteri? is that a game?

Anyone else have to reload the GL libraries to get Quake working again?

Are there any other GL games out for Wiz?I dont think Quake 2 uses the GL libraries

Andy G said:
Sbock.. Whats Jnteri? is that a game?

Anyone else have to reload the GL libraries to get Quake working again?

Are there any other GL games out for Wiz?I dont think Quake 2 uses the GL libraries

Yeah, it's a nice OpenGL Tetris from Jan-Nik. Can't find the link at the moment.
GLquake works with a nice speed improvement.
Propis uses OpenGL for video output. (But there is a problem with the new lib. The screen is rotated.)
Another thing worth to try are the nehe demos in the archive. No games, but nice OpenGL demos.

Quake 2 uses a software render only, yes...

I think I will wait for now and stick with the 1.1.0 244/255 I have loaded on my two Wiz's as they work just fine. I can fix any video problems by just re-encoding the files with Any Video Converter to match the Wiz's screen size and bitrate.
Emulator problems can be tweeked easily with the clocking app.

sbock said:
Andy G said:
Quake 2 uses a software render only, yes...

I actually do have a build of quake2 and it worked at one point, but didnt with at least v1.0 fw, Ill give it shot though with this new version.

varan77 said:
that new firmware has slow down the pockest SNES 6.5 for 50 %!!

edit... never mind just use "fast pocketsnes.gpe"
That is of concern. The SNES Fast version is a faster but less compatible version. If the regular SNES version is 50% slower then that means if you need compatibility you are in trouble. It also means there is some screwy thing they are doing to slow things down so much. I think I will stick to my 1.0.0 for now..

Is There any reason to wait for the English version of the firmware??? Are there any downsides to updating the Wiz with a Korean firmware??

Hi I'm Dusty Attenborough, in the korea GP2X fan site. gpain.org

This firmware has a some bugs. GPH is currently working on new firmware bug-fix.
Until the announcement of new firmware does not recommend installing this firmware.

1. text crashing in flash player menu (marked with a wrong Chinese)
2. calender can not view
3. in the setting, information, firmware version displayed 1.1.1 (but really 1.2.0)
4. some game display crashing (ex. propis demo)
5. Yet undiscovered bugs..

thanks

p.s. Google translation was used. I don't know the right means to be passed.

Attenborough said:

Hi, I remember you from Legend of Galactic Heroes ;p

Sorry, I was just passing on some news. :( Hopefully the proper firmware won't be long, and the bugs have been sorted out.
GP2X-INT said:
Hi Guys,I will like to announce that the firmware that is in the Korean websitewww.globalgph.co.kr it is not for the foreign user (EU/USA)
This firmware it is for the Korean.
So please do not download the firmware that is in the Korean website.
The foreign firmware will be released next week.
I am really sorry for announcing late, as I am in the different dept. it is difficult to know what they are doing.
Once the new firmware is out I will let you know,
Thank you and Best RegardsTony HanOverseas Sale Manager

Attenborough said:
This firmware has a some bugs.
GPH is currently working on new firmware bug-fix.
Until the announcement of new firmware does not recommend installing this firmware.
1. text crashing in flash player menu (marked with a wrong Chinese)
2. calender can not view
3. in the setting, information, firmware version displayed 1.1.1 (but really 1.2.0)
4. some game display crashing (ex. propis demo)
5. Yet undiscovered bugs..
thanks
p.s. Google translation was used. I don't know the right means to be passed.

Again I'm sorry about putting this link up.
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
Again I'm sorry about putting this link up.
Cheers, Neil
hey,it's not your fault that they release buggy firmware for user-beta-testing!

Back