New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

And seriously helping our finances, which is always good!
This is the only thing that would stop me from saying 'hell no, I'm not getting any more for my money.' I know that I paid below cost for it, and the extra <insert amount here> would make it up to its value, so I might just do it. For the sake of getting it early, and for the sake of putting some money into the community.

Couple of questions, though: how much more than the price it was this time last year is it? And who would I contact to upgrade? And finally, is the Prem-dora identical to a normal Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Contact whoever you ordered from regarding the upgrade.

Premium Pandora and preorder has no differences unless I'm mistaken here.

Couple of questions, though: how much more than the price it was this time last year is it? And who would I contact to upgrade? And finally, is the Prem-dora identical to a normal Pandora?

- Contact details depend on where you ordered from. If you ordered from Craig's shop, you want openpandorasales@gmail.com

- Price difference was ~150 USD. Not sure about in euros or pounds.

- Yes, they are identical to the pre-orders, or at least identical to the one you would have recieved anyway.

EDIT: :ph34r:

EDIT2: Was 340 EUR.

Let's do some maths:

2703 + 1000 = 3703

3703 ≃ 4000
They didn't actually sell all 4000 from batch 1.

Also I'm assuming that the 2703 includes the 200 bad boards, so actually only about 2500 orders have been filled.

So 2500 + 1000 = 3500 = end of batch 1.

... Wait ... Does this mean I will get mine sooner? That there are only a thousand left? PLEASE TELL ME!! TWO YEARS OF SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!

I'm ok, really :blink:
Probably but just know you and me are the only two in California with a Pandora when batch 1 is complete lol.

So, what, I've been shoved into Batch 2 now?

- Contact details depend on where you ordered from. If you ordered from Craig's shop, you want openpandorasales@gmail.com

- Price difference was ~150 USD. Not sure about in euros or pounds.

- Yes, they are identical to the pre-orders, or at least identical to the one you would have recieved anyway.

EDIT: :ph34r:

EDIT2: Was 340 EUR.
350 EUR? That's, what, about £40 more than I paid (~£300)? If that's the case, it should be... doable.

Getting close. I'm excited to get my Batch 2 one. I'd upgrade to an instant one, but I'm out of money. I'd get a refund and buy a faster tablet, but I'm too stubborn. For now, I'm sticking here.

^

There's no difference between a Premium and a preorder. Regarding the 100£, that's up to you, but you wouldn't be kissing it goodbye. You'd be kissing a Pandora in about 7-10 days.

Doubt it, I contacted them a little while ago about upgrading to a premium. Never heard anything back, I have completely lost interest in getting a premium one now. Also if they can't reply to an email about upgrading to a premium how do you expect them to be able to ship a unit out in a timely fashion?

When I upgraded it took 7 working days to get a reply, 8 working days to ship, and 3 working days to arrive. So about a month.

^

There's no difference between a Premium and a preorder. Regarding the 100£, that's up to you, but you wouldn't be kissing it goodbye. You'd be kissing a Pandora in about 7-10 days.

Doubt it, I contacted them a little while ago about upgrading to a premium. Never heard anything back, I have completely lost interest in getting a premium one now. Also if they can't reply to an email about upgrading to a premium how do you expect them to be able to ship a unit out in a timely fashion?
There was a change of ISPs and a backlog of emails, perhaps you were deleted by mistake or your spam filter ate your reply back. Try a different email address, or you can actually call them, they really do answer and are very helpful people.

Got my premiums in 7 days.

^

There was a change of ISPs and a backlog of emails, perhaps you were deleted by mistake or your spam filter ate your reply back. Try a different email address, or you can actually call them, they really do answer and are very helpful people.

Backlog? How long did it take to change some DNS entries and IP addresses?

I have sent them several emails in the past and only 1 has been replied to. So unless it takes 1+ year to change email servers IP address and DNS that excuse really doesn't fly. Being frank it seems the administration side of things for them sucks, so I don't really have confidence in them being able to process an order in a timely fashion.

^

Backlog? How long did it take to change some DNS entries and IP addresses?

I have sent them several emails in the past and only 1 has been replied to. So unless it takes 1+ year to change email servers IP address and DNS that excuse really doesn't fly. Being frank it seems the administration side of things for them sucks, so I don't really have confidence in them being able to process an order in a timely fashion.
Funny smartass, considering the email address is a gmail account. Go on hating, PSP might have your name all over it.

My Pandora will arrive today according to the UPS tracking page. :D

On another note, it just hit me, why isn't there a FAQ page?

They continued with their weekly shipment of boards, which is something I'm really happy about! Last weeks they shipped 150, this week, it was 200.

* 2703 boards shipped so far

I wonder about these numbers. On 2011-05-04 you gave us the status of 2011-03-29 saying 2603 boards had been shipped. Now, two weeks later, you say there has been one shipping of 150 and one of 200 boards, so shouldn't the new total number be 2953 boards?

They continued with their weekly shipment of boards, which is something I'm really happy about! Last weeks they shipped 150, this week, it was 200.

* 2703 boards shipped so far

I wonder about these numbers. On 2011-05-04 you gave us the status of 2011-03-29 saying 2603 boards had been shipped. Now, two weeks later, you say there has been one shipping of 150 and one of 200 boards, so shouldn't the new total number be 2953 boards?
He's probably subtracted the defective ones. Recall how he says 'about 200 were broken'. 2950-2700 = 250 which sounds about right.

FAQ for what? There's a rather extensive one on the wiki.

FAQ for the questions regarding peoples orders. I've seen ED and others respond to questions on several occassions with something to the effect of "That question has been answered a gazillion times". I mean, ED and Craig must have a sense of what questions cause them the most frustration. Take those questions and make a list and make it easily accessible(preferably in it's own tab in the menu)on the open pandora homepage. That's kind of the main purpose of FAQ:s.

Funny smartass, considering the email address is a gmail account. Go on hating, PSP might have your name all over it.

I wasn't being a smartass. I didn't know the inner workings of their system. However using a gmail account means there is even less reason for there to be downtime.

I don't see why you are being so hostile, I am all for the Pandora project, if I wasn't I wouldn't have tried to goto premium but I can see the projects flaws. They ignored a customer willing to shell out extra money to go to an premium order, a premium order which adds no value except the fact you recieve it early. The premium orders that makes them money instead of a loss on each unit, which they should be jumping out of their skins to sell. If that isn't crappy administration I don't know what is.

Hostility was not my intent, the fact that you've emailed someone a few times at a gmail address may have been overlooked on your end.

Did you pick up the phone to call about this inquiry?

This comment was why I was calling you a smartass: "So unless it takes 1+ year to change email servers IP address and DNS that excuse really doesn't fly"

Since you sent several emails I suggest you call. When did you order? Regardless, I don't think you were avoided because the OP Team has bad admin. They answer their phones and will help you out immediately if you take the time and effort (and cash) to call.

Back