Release NetSurf

FWIW, since I rebooted to switch to 1.76, I haven't even loaded firefox yet, and have made do with Netsurf alone thus far. I don't do a lot of browsing on my Pandora usually; just ptitseb's beta page and that BBC music page I linked on the first page, but it's nice to not have to load the behemoth that is firefox for a while.

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb: another bug report !

Netsurf seems to have some issues with the spoiler tag on our boards:

Test:
This is a test

Netsurf 3.7 (Dev) should display a black box, it doesn't matter whether javascript is enabled or not. When it's enabled though, there's a "spoiler" button in the upper left corner of that black box, and a warning message appears when you try to click on it.

Your port is not faulty. I've compiled NetSurf from source at home (Debian 8 x86_64) and I can't get the spoiler tag to work correctly.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Thanks for this port! It works very well and is incredible fast. I have the little problem, that my text cursor is too much left while typing, but except for this little issue, the browser is really awesome! Perfect for reading and fast responding. :D
[doublepost=1485263316,1485263175][/doublepost](This was written with Netsurf on my pandi)

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb: thanks for this new release !

Even though you fixed the icon in this new package, the old one with the white line on the right hand side still shows up on my desktop...

I have logged off and re-downloaded the package, but to no avail :(

Is there some kind of cache I'm not aware of ?

EDIT: @ptitSeb: problem solved ! Looks like a reboot was required after all :p

Sorry for the noise !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Please make a new version of it that is compiled with the latest sources since the NeoGAF rendering weirdly issue, etc. have been fixed in them. Thanks in advance.

Thanks; this works no worse than the last build on my GHz pandora. FWIW, iframe panels on the BBC's programme webpages are rendered as white boxes still, but I haven't investigated yet whether that's a missing feature on the roadmap or a bug. Everything else that didn't need oodles of javascript to run worked fine for me.

Yes - netsurf is pretty snappy. Browser I like as well on very low specs hardware is surf
Unfortunately even the most lean and snappy browser can't remediate the effects of the increasingly bloated and infected by commerce 'google version' of the internet.

You can build a netsurf-fb which can run in a framebuffer.
I guess it should use even less resources as it doesn't rely on X.

Back