Beta Mupen64Plus

when using Sebt3's build loading a rom reports error: no graphics plugin specified.

I'd also like to thank Sebt3 for the effort as I understand that getting the application to build was a bit of a difficult task

Blue Protoman said:
Wheeeee!

What does this latest release include? Better performance/compatibility?
it improve performance.. read back a few pages to see Ari's comments for each new code revision. the current working build is VERY outdated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devilmandex said:
when using Sebt3's build loading a rom reports error: no graphics plugin specified.

I'd also like to thank Sebt3 for the effort as I understand that getting the application to build was a bit of a difficult task
Protip: You have to specify a graphics plugin first. You can do so in the Options -> Configure dialog in the Plugin tab. You also have to set the input plugin to PPSP Input 2.

Thank you for building it, sebt3 (and of course thanks to Ari too). The performance seems to be better but not in all games. I just wish compatibility with Ocarina of Time was fixed, it used to work in earlier versions before i got my Pandora, but now it freezes when starting a new game.

yours works? :/ mine still is no go.... and damn! I was hoping oot would be fixed :/ if you create a savestate with older OOT working mupen you can successfully get it to run

I tried PMing Adventus awhile ago, didn't get a response back so I don't know what's going on with it.

Phawx said:
I tried PMing Adventus awhile ago, didn't get a response back so I don't know what's going on with it.

I spoke to him recently and among other reasons he is waiting for the pandora he paid for to arrive, so be patient and use whats available (or fix the source yourself if its in within your ability)

Pickle said:
Phawx said:

I spoke to him recently and among other reasons he is waiting for the pandora he paid for to arrive, so be patient and use whats available (or fix the source yourself if its in within your ability)

I hope I didn't interpret your response wrong, but I just want to make it very clear that I appreciate all of the contributions the devs here have made. Under no circumstances do I believe I am entitled to *anything*. I am wholly grateful that so much stuff DOES work on the Pandora as it is.

Any inquires I make on the status of certain projects are merely to be informed and possibly to inform others in the event they ask or it seems appropriate.

Outside of simple scripting, modifying a gpu plugin whose puzzle pieces contain N64 geometry which need to be placed correctly within OpenGL ES (AFAIK) is WELL outside the scope of my ability.

Hopefully I didn't offend.

Pickle said:
Phawx said:

Thanks a lot for your info :)
When a dev disappears and doesn't post much anymore, you never know if anything bad happened in real life.
Glad to hear he's okay and just waiting :)

Last edited:
I can't start a game in the newest pnd. Says I have to select a graphics plugin, which I go to do, but the "OK" button is off the screen and I can't accept the changes. I can close the configure window but it doesn't save the graphics plugin selection. How are people getting around this?

naples39 said:
I can't start a game in the newest pnd. Says I have to select a graphics plugin, which I go to do, but the "OK" button is off the screen and I can't accept the changes. I can close the configure window but it doesn't save the graphics plugin selection. How are people getting around this?
If buttons are off screen hold shift (or left bumper) and use the touch screen to move the window

Devilmandex said:

It seems that I've screwed a bit the packaging. I just uploaded a (hopefully) fixed version at the same download place.

Sorry for that...

Thanks sebt3

Some quick tips. You need to manually set the plugins. Goto Options>Configure>Plugins.
Graphics: gles2n64
Audio: notaz's OSS audio r2
Input: PPSP Input 2
RSP: leave as is

Now set your rom directory under Rom Browser. Once this is done, click on OK (use the shift key and the pointer to move the window up) now it'll cache the roms, this may take a few mins depending on the amount of roms. At this stage I would suggest clicking on File then Quit, so it'll save the settings. I found that if I went straight into a rom, then quit out using the Pandora button, the settings were not saved!

is there a way to make a savestate in an older version of mupen so that I can run zelda in the newest version?

sebt3 said:
Devilmandex said:

It seems that I've screwed a bit the packaging. I just uploaded a (hopefully) fixed version at the same download place.

Sorry for that...

I redownloaded the file , but when I run I get no RSP plugin specified --ERROR

Back