Beta Mupen64Plus

HackModford said:
My nubs also stop working.

Also If I play zelda OOT long enough the emulators seems to crash/hang?

That is actually a mupen64pluse problem that has made it through the port, I have the same thing on my linux box.

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
Spirit said:
How do you quit it?

Fn+Q. Read the topic before asking questions like this, please.

-God Ginrai
Thanks! Reading 11 pages of random posts did not seem very sensible to me.

Does OOT randomly crash for anyone else?
Also there's no stars on the door in mario64 LOL

Spirit said:

Your lucky the response to somebody who doesn't do that was forthcoming :p

Far too many forums tell ya to use the search function :)

Spirit said:
God Ginrai said:
Spirit said:
How do you quit it?

Fn+Q. Read the topic before asking questions like this, please.

-God Ginrai

You could have just read the posts in the topic by the developers and gotten your answer. It is common courtesy on forums to read a topic before posting in it, or at least skim each page. That way, we don't have different people posting the same question in the same topic just because no one could be bothered to read. Sometimes a topic isn't worth reading, but if you can't be bothered to get up to speed on the topic, then frankly, you have no right posting in it.

Sorry if this sounds terse, but I've gotten tired of people asking questions that have already been answered in said topic. You should hopefully see why I'm on edge when you add to that the fact that, when I answered your question and asked you politely to read the topics in the future, you tried to come up with an excuse for why you didn't follow one of the simplest rules of forum etiquette.

HackModford said:

I already stated that. ;) I think there is a specific layer that is not displaying, because if you get to the first Bowser stage, the portrait of Peach is always Bowser.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
HackModford said:
I already stated that. ;) I think there is a specific layer that is not displaying, because if you get to the first Bowser stage, the portrait of Peach is always Bowser.
Strange - I've seen exactly the same thing happen in at least one other N64 emulator when certain video settings were used. Unfortunately I've no idea what needed changing to fix it...

I'm having a weird problem with mario64. I saved the game with 7 lives and it loaded with only 4. I tried it again and got the same result. everything else saves except the life total. anyone else having this problem?

SteveM said:
God Ginrai said:
HackModford said:
Strange - I've seen exactly the same thing happen in at least one other N64 emulator when certain video settings were used. Unfortunately I've no idea what needed changing to fix it...
From a video I saw, looks like the sun thing on the floor in the hall of the castle is missing too.

MonkeyChops said:
I'm having a weird problem with mario64. I saved the game with 7 lives and it loaded with only 4. I tried it again and got the same result. everything else saves except the life total. anyone else having this problem?
If I remember correctly, Mario 64 only saves your progress, not your lives. If you end a game with 50 stars and 20 lives, it will only keep the stars saved.

I'm currently playing Mario Galxay 2, and it saves the same way. The game gives out so many extra lives, each game requires that you start from scratch. So I'm fairly sure that part of the game is working fine.

Chris

hmm. guess its been awhile since I played. my bad

the only other problem I've noticed so far is that some of the enemies have a weird shadow or tracer effect. It's more pronounced during slow downs like when the sound is on.

I´m having a ball reliving this classic :) thanks n64 team!

jumpman said:
MonkeyChops said:
If I remember correctly, Mario 64 only saves your progress, not your lives. If you end a game with 50 stars and 20 lives, it will only keep the stars saved.

Yes, that's exactly how it worked. ^_^

MonkeyChops said:
hmm. guess its been awhile since I played. my bad

the only other problem I've noticed so far is that some of the enemies have a weird shadow or tracer effect. It's more pronounced during slow downs like when the sound is on.

I´m having a ball reliving this classic :) thanks n64 team!

Speaking of Shadows... I've noticed that the jump boxes (like the one with the flying cap in them) don't have shadows currently. I noticed because it was a lot harder to gauge if I was below them or not. XD

-God Ginrai

It's sometimes possible to notice the shadows, door-stars, and other things going through surfaces slightly, on the actual hardware (it's especially noticeable any time Mario's shadow is over water, if memory serves). As far as I know, they sort of "float" - or at least, that was the impression I always got. :p

Prometheus said:
It's sometimes possible to notice the shadows, door-stars, and other things going through surfaces slightly, on the actual hardware (it's especially noticeable any time Mario's shadow is over water, if memory serves). As far as I know, they sort of "float" - or at least, that was the impression I always got. :p

I'm not sure what you mean. However, I believe that the problem is that they are being drawn in the wrong order. I found that I could see the stars when I was hugging walls near them.

-God Ginrai

HackModford said:
I haven't seen this. Is there anything specific which causes it to crash?

Prometheus said:
On the actual hardware, there is only a 16-bit z-buffer, so things which have almost the same depth can get the same z-value, and it will flicker as the texture that is supposed to be behind can sometimes be drawn in front. This is noticable, for example, with the moon's tear crater in Majora's Mask when you look at it through the telescope.

I'm not sure what's happening with the stars in Mario64. This doesn't happen with the original glN64 plugin.

Ari64 said:
HackModford said:
Dunno about OoT, but Rayman crashes within a few seconds of playing.

Edit: Rayman part starts at about 4:25

Ari64 said:
HackModford said:

It might not technically be a crash but a slowdown? But I'll be playing for about 5-10 minutes and the game will just stop. I get impatient so I reset.

Edit: Maybe I'm imagining things? But anyways I set the clock speed to 850 instead of 750 and haven't had that problem.

I noticed a really funny graphical glitch, In zelda oot when you get to hyrule field the trees are completely missing the leaf texture. It looks really funny just seeing these poles around...

jumpman said:
MonkeyChops said:

I'm currently playing Mario Galxay 2, and it saves the same way. The game gives out so many extra lives, each game requires that you start from scratch. So I'm fairly sure that part of the game is working fine.

Chris

Yeah, lives are kind of a vestigial organ in Mario 64. The fact that a tree in the courtyard can give you infinite lives is proof that they don't matter.

Back