Beta Mupen64Plus

PXML wasn't quite right, will sent you a fix. Quick PND here: http://dl.openhandhe...i?0,0,0,0,71,92
Heya, thanks. I made the changes to the PXML but it didn't fix my problem, so it must be something else with my build process. At the moment i do mkisofs in windows (as the wiki explains) then cat the PXML+icon on the Pandora. I say it might be something to do with permissions because if i copy the command (ie /usr/pandora/scripts/run_pnd.sh ....) and execute it in the terminal with sudo it works fine.

Anyway your PND works well, i'll update my post.

Adventus said:
Heya, thanks. I made the changes to the PXML but it didn't fix my problem, so it must be something else with my build process. At the moment i do mkisofs in windows (as the wiki explains) then cat the PXML+icon on the Pandora. I say it might be something to do with permissions because if i copy the command (ie /usr/pandora/scripts/run_pnd.sh ....) and execute it in the terminal with sudo it works fine.
Just a guess, might be an old pnd_run* file in /tmp with a different owner, I've seen that a couple of times. If you've run with sudo before it will of course belong to root, which is a problem. Otherwise sometimes missing execute bits on the shell script or the executable itself can give trouble (bit of a problem to set these in Windows, of course).

Bloody good emulator, BTW ;-) Well done, lads.

Last edited by a moderator:
This works great. Super Mario 64 without sound @ 700mhz is almost fullspeed.
But Yoshi's Story for example is still buggy as hell. That isn't really important. But if you want to see a game with huge graphical glitches, try it.

mcobit said:
Try it with frameskip=2 and you can get similar speed with sound enabled too.

Weird bug in ocarina of time: when typing my name the letters looked like hiragana and katakana ones but when I wrote with them they appeared as normal alphabet.
Btw, loving the emulator, most of the games seem to work really well at 800mhz and frameskip of 2. It seems that it is almost as fast as the current gba emulator on same settings, lol.

Gaeryc said:
Weird bug in ocarina of time: when typing my name the letters looked like hiragana and katakana ones but when I wrote with them they appered as normal alphabet.
Btw, loving the emulator, most of the games seem to work really well at 800mhz and frameskip of 2.
Any chance you tried mario kart? im at work and cant wait to have that one on the go

meandu229 said:
Gaeryc said:
Weird bug in ocarina of time: when typing my name the letters looked like hiragana and katakana ones but when I wrote with them they appered as normal alphabet.
Btw, loving the emulator, most of the games seem to work really well at 800mhz and frameskip of 2.
Any chance you tried mario kart? im at work and cant wait to have that one on the go

It's pretty much fullspeed @ 800mhz without sound

Cannot believe stuff is playable at such an early version. Well done devs!

Although more videos from those with their Pandoras would be nice ;)

Tokiopop said:

Will do some tomorrow. Or maybe this afternoon. Any requests?

mcobit said:
Tokiopop said:

Will do some tomorrow. Or maybe this afternoon. Any requests?
I'm not 100% sure what's working, but I'll just go through my games draw and see what I'd like to play on the Pandora :D

Okay, okay... anyone of these please (don't mind which): Zelda (OoT or MM), Lylat Wars, DK64, Super Smash Bros, Wave Race, Shadow Man, Rayman 2, or Turok

Thanks very much :)

Edit: Obviously Golden Eye is in the draw too, but I doubt that's working... And I've seen too much Mario! ;)

Goldeneye works, some menu text is missing, but it loads and plays. It's slow at 750 and I couldn't seem to walk in a straight line, but it plays. Oh and skybox is bugged (it's filled with a corrupt view of the textures which surround it)

just a video of starfox
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wUDdq83iz8Ehttp://www.youtube.c...h?v=wUDdq83iz8E[/media]
sorry for loud cough im ill lol
looks at plays brilliantly :) nice one.

waverace too was playable but the menu items were blank.

tony hawk 2 crashed.

think i was using 750ish mhz

YEAH YEAH YEAH LYLAT WARS. Thanks! :D

Think it'd ever be possible for that sort of gameplay along with smooth sound at some point?

SteveM said:
mcobit said:

"frame skip=2" or "frameskip=2"?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
SteveM said:
mcobit said:

-God Ginrai
Don't remember off hand. It's in the config file, which is opened in mousepad when configuring video options. Default is 1 but upping it to 2 makes a huge difference.

SteveM said:
God Ginrai said:
SteveM said:
mcobit said:

-God Ginrai
Don't remember off hand. It's in the config file, which is opened in mousepad when configuring video options. Default is 1 but upping it to 2 makes a huge difference.

Ok, thanks. I remember that when I downloaded the folder for Mupen a week or so ago that frameskip was not in the config file. :\

EDIT: Tested some games with sound, here's some feedback:

• Super Mario 64 - Works as SteveM suggested @ 700MHz
  • Ocarina of Time - Works close to fullspeed @ 800MHz Although sound is really jumpy at times, almost like it is only emulated on emulated frames.
  • Bomberman 64 - Crashes the emulator at bootup @ 800, 750, and 700 MHz. Have yet to get the game to play.
  • 1080 Snowboarding - Tested at 750 MHz. Doesn't display anything, but the game and sound seem to be emulated. I could hear myself going through screens. It may be a problem with only the main menu; I'll try to get into a race later and see if that displays.

EDIT 2:
Gaeryc said:
Weird bug in ocarina of time: when typing my name the letters looked like hiragana and katakana ones but when I wrote with them they appeared as normal alphabet.
Btw, loving the emulator, most of the games seem to work really well at 800mhz and frameskip of 2. It seems that it is almost as fast as the current gba emulator on same settings, lol.

Yea, I noticed that bug in OoT. As for the GBA emulator, that's because it is Visual Boy Advance and VBA is incredibly inefficient. Once GPsp is ported, you will probably be able to run most any GBA game at standard clock.

-God Ginrai

This is great.
This is all software rendered right?
What is left to be optimized?
I'm asking because I'm hoping it'll be faster someday.

Back