Movies Thread

Okay never mind anything you said. I just watched the holy grail of teenage suburban comedy: SUPER BAD! Omg... never have I felt such passionate emotion. Now I know there is a god. He is called: McLovin! He is a hero, the messiah of partying.

Spread the word.

Just watched the original "clerks". Can't believe why everyone thinks it's so good. Can someone enlighten me? I just thought it was some of the worst amateur acting I have ever seen...

xnopasaranx said:
Just watched the original "clerks". Can't believe why everyone thinks it's so good. Can someone enlighten me? I just thought it was some of the worst amateur acting I have ever seen...
I agree whole heartedly. But it's like comparing Operation Wolf to Halo 3. i guess.

the whole appeal of the movie to most of my filmmaker friends (the same guys that don't understand why I hated Swingers) is the shoestring budget Smith did the movie on. Which is a huge success in itself, seriously.

I like deadpan movies (Coffee & Cigarettes is amazing) but all in all, to me, it's like watching an improv troupe...whereas I'd much rather watch soemthing meticulourly scripted...not to say the direction and acting couldn't fuck it up.

But clerks is all about the "nothing" it rose from. Throw in a little fanboy Pulp-Fictionesque diagolgue (like Royale with Cheese) and you get an instant cult following.

Now, if I can plug a little something we made on a shoestring (mind you it's on 2minutes...but it's a fun time to watch)

Last edited by a moderator:
Javacat said:
Anyone seen I Am Legend yet? I'm tempted to go and see it.
My wife and I just saw this and it was AMAZING. Easily the best movie I've seen all year. Great story, great acting, great effects and great cars... what could be better than zooming through an empty city in a Ford Mustang GT? Of course I work for Ford and may be biased but nevertheless, this is a movie not to be missed! If you've not seen "I Am Legend" then do yourself a favor (favour) and see it ASAP.

pkostrze said:
Javacat said:
Anyone seen I Am Legend yet? I'm tempted to go and see it.
My wife and I just saw this and it was AMAZING. Easily the best movie I've seen all year. Great story, great acting, great effects and great cars... what could be better than zooming through an empty city in a Ford Mustang GT? Of course I work for Ford and may be biased but nevertheless, this is a movie not to be missed! If you've not seen "I Am Legend" then do yourself a favor (favour) and see it ASAP.

Just saw it. I thought it was fucking excellent, 10/10.

Oscar worthy performance from Will Smith as well.

*after popping out of sea monster's eye...*

BEOWUUUULF!!!

That was a good movie. Watch it in the theatre in 3d while you still can.

went to see I Am Legend...then immediatley rented 28 Days Later to clear the "suck" from my memory.

Legend doesn't know what type of movie it wants to be and in the end, tries to be 5 things, all poorly done.
Did i mention HORRIBLE CGI?

The best part about Legend was the extensive Dark Knight preview.

I just watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Thought it was a pretty good movie, if not a little (intentionally) cheesy and sad towards the end :(

I love that film. I've had a note in my diary to look up Guillermo del Toros other movies, to see whether they are just as cool. He had one out recently called El Orfanato, which looks as though it could be pretty cool.

Just got back from seeing Charlie Wilson's War. I wasn't too sure about it before I went, but after seeing it I thought it was a great film. It felt far too short though (just over 90 mins).

Just finished watching Cronos (by the guy that did Pans Labyrinth) and I've got to say... it sux. That's all.

PS, We Own The Night is surprisingly good. Went to see it last week, before it stopped being shown at the cinema.

Watched Wedding Crashers last night. I didn't go to see it at the time as I thought it would just be some short, goofy comedy. I missed an awesome film at the time due to that. I thought it was awesome :D

For christmas I got the Sharpe boxset. It's not a movie series as such, but each episode is about 1 hour 30 mins (at least). I watched the first episode from it tonight and was hooked. Good old Shaun Bean killing some frenchies B) Pity about his tattoo in RL <_<

Anyone seen Cloverfield yet? If so what's it like? I would kind of like to hear an opinion on what it's like before I go and waste money and time watching something that could be awful (Thank you The Simpsons Movie)

Back