More Updates

Kloplop321 said:
Mach 1
Mach 2
in other words Revision model
like PSP model 1000 was Japan only, PSP 1001 is global, then they have 1002 and 2000, then 2001 and 3000
Well obviously we don't want to do decimal numbers so whole numbers make sense
Mk = Mark, not mach... and I don't think that's what the poster wanted to know

Last edited by a moderator:
"Do not worry, everybody will have the opportunity to reorder in time to get their Pandora."
It's great to know our concerns are being heard :) very professional

here's hope for a finished unit by the middle of this month (even if case is CNC) and final products being shipped no later than end of february. from the looks (optimistic feedback and only major problem being the bank problem), it feels like this can be accomplished :)

Azure said:
MK1: Blue
MK2: Red
MK3: ???

Call me boring, but I wouldn't mind the MK3 PCB being a classic green color :D
I'd vote for lumberjack plaid.

Just a short question regarding the keyboard layout. How many different keyboard layouts are there going to be now or will it be a multi region keyboard? I'm a bit confused about this at the moment. Since I'm danish I would of course like a dk layout for my pandora.

Regards

André

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
"Do not worry, everybody will have the opportunity to reorder in time to get their Pandora."
Is it professional, or is it just a crowd pleaser?

Anyways, I read this yesterday, but I forgot to thank the Crew for posting this excellent news. I was resigned to a late February ship date, but we might actually get a Pandora before then. :D

Great update Chip, thanks as usual.

fettouhi said:
Just a short question regarding the keyboard layout. How many different keyboard layouts are there going to be now or will it be a multi region keyboard? I'm a bit confused about this at the moment. Since I'm danish I would of course like a dk layout for my pandora.

Well based on what Chip posted, I think you're out of luck.
Chip said:
The keypads will go into mass production in the next week or two at the latest. The keypad layout will be very similar to the one on the original renders. I am told there will only be "minor changes" between the render and the final layout. There may be separate layouts available for the middle east and Asian regions, but all other regions will have the same standard layout for now. It is very likely that alternate keymats (including blank mats) will be made available for a small price at some point in the near future.
I do wonder from that how many "Asian" layouts there could be. Surely one "Asian" layout would not be suitable for all? I suspect they may sell a lot of those blank keymats - shame they can't be added to original orders.

javaJake said:
Anyways, I read this yesterday, but I forgot to thank the Crew for posting this excellent news. I was resigned to a late February ship date, but we might actually get a Pandora before then. :D
Start off February looks to be a possible shipping date for the first units. Calculated guess work, but i have yet to be far off with my predictions ( the battery final form problem put a small delay on it ). ;)

The fact that they are now accepting CC orders, with the 30 days limit on the transactions, means that the product needs to ship in 30 days. Question is ofcourse, are they going to prioritize the CC orders, as to not fall for the 30 day limit like they did with paypal there 20 days limit?

Benjiro said:
javaJake said:
Start off February looks to be a possible shipping date for the first units. Calculated guess work, but i have yet to be far off with my predictions ( the battery final form problem put a small delay on it ). ;)

The fact that they are now accepting CC orders, with the 30 days limit on the transactions, means that the product needs to ship in 30 days. Question is ofcourse, are they going to prioritize the CC orders, as to not fall for the 30 day limit like they did with paypal there 20 days limit?
And still stick to their promise of no-one losing their place in the queue...

TaG said:
Great update Chip, thanks as usual.

fettouhi said:

Well based on what Chip posted, I think you're out of luck.
Chip said:
The keypads will go into mass production in the next week or two at the latest. The keypad layout will be very similar to the one on the original renders. I am told there will only be "minor changes" between the render and the final layout. There may be separate layouts available for the middle east and Asian regions, but all other regions will have the same standard layout for now. It is very likely that alternate keymats (including blank mats) will be made available for a small price at some point in the near future.
I do wonder from that how many "Asian" layouts there could be. Surely one "Asian" layout would not be suitable for all? I suspect they may sell a lot of those blank keymats - shame they can't be added to original orders.

No biggie, I was expecting that.

Regards

André

Chip said:
truekaiser said:
as for this news. i will wait till Monday for the email, if it has not arrived i will be emailing you 'team'. i found it very, very bad imho that i had to email them the get the refund email and the the refund deposit. which makes me wonder if i would of gotten the refund if i did not email them...
The emails will be sent over the next week or two, so it's a pretty small chance that any one person will get theirs by monday. As for the reorder notification emails, they were sent to everyone. If you didn't get the first one, it was probably blocked on your end. They were not linked to the refunds (they were processed separately) so you would have gotten a refund regardless of the email.

i have a gmail email address. same as your team, i have never cleared my spam folder and once you started sending those emails i was checking that folder regularly. ironically that was the only time i even went to the web interface i have been using the pop3 option from the start. nothing was there.

TaG said:
I do wonder from that how many "Asian" layouts there could be. Surely one "Asian" layout would not be suitable for all?
How would that work then?

fettouhi said:
How many different keyboard layouts are there going to be now or will it be a multi region keyboard?
This has not been decided yet. It is fairly trivial to get different layouts printed on the mats, so once the first batch has shipped we'll look into supporting alternative layouts.

javaJake said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Is it professional, or is it just a crowd pleaser?Nah, I'm just blowing smoke up your ass. Actually we're going to ship Pandoras with no notice or chance for people to pay for them. Sure, this means we'll have a whole boatload of un-paid-for units sitting around, but we'll take any excuse to mess with customers.

;)

Nah, I'm just blowing smoke up your ass. Actually we're going to ship Pandoras with no notice or chance for people to pay for them. Sure, this means we'll have a whole boatload of un-paid-for units sitting around, but we'll take any excuse to mess with customers.

Something tells me a few weeks down the line that's gonna be quoted as the "official word". Sometimes Chip, I wonder how you haven't punched through your monitor by now. :lol:

Chip said:
We have made a couple tweaks to the MK2 board design that was sent to all the devs, and we should have a MK3 prototype in a week or so. If everything is fine with that board, it will go into mass production very shortly thereafter. We could have just used the MK2 board and left the minor bugs in as "quirks", but with all the other delays, it was worth it to do one more revision and get it perfect.

Many thanks, Chip. I'm a first batch pre-order and thank the team for putting in the effort to get it RIGHT - appearances have, at times, been a little shaky but really the commitment to this product - and the community around it - shows, and is appreciated. Even by those of us who, even as GP2X owners, are a tad on the quiet side ;)

Desperate for a FINISHED :pandora1: and enjoying my gp32_console in the meantime, I'm also HUGELY pleased that our American cousins will be able to re-place their orders first, and reduce the chance of any more currency rate issues from cauisng them grief. Even if it delays my :pandora1: getting to me (though no reason that it should AFAIK) it may save them (and/or OpenPandora) some money and definately some grief. It's the way to go IMHO :D

Monk

Chip said:
fettouhi said:
How many different keyboard layouts are there going to be now or will it be a multi region keyboard?
This has not been decided yet. It is fairly trivial to get different layouts printed on the mats, so once the first batch has shipped we'll look into supporting alternative layouts.

I'm putting my vote in for a Dvorak keymap. I hate being forced to use QWERTY.

Chip said:
javaJake said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Is it professional, or is it just a crowd pleaser?Nah, I'm just blowing smoke up your ass. Actually we're going to ship Pandoras with no notice or chance for people to pay for them. Sure, this means we'll have a whole boatload of un-paid-for units sitting around, but we'll take any excuse to mess with customers.Ah, my post was very poorly worded. It was not directed at you, but at the folks here who've said they are not professional. It struck me as odd that, as soon as a crowd-pleasing comment came, suddenly you guys were professional.

In fact, the post probably shouldn't have happened, since I have no idea whether or not .Gogeta§§J4BR. has complained in this way. Never mind the fact that it just creates enmity.

When will the 'leftover' pandas be available for order? I read that there'd be 200 or so units that will get cancelled and will be open for others to buy. Not that I think I'll have the money/be fast enough (neither) to get one, but out of curiosity. Well, february is a different case, so maybe.

Benjiro said:
javaJake said:

Where is the Link to order be CC ?? I don't see it.

Did you even read the first post? The links are being emailed one at a time, person-by-person to prevent glitches, mainly in the area of payment processor bullshit.

Back