More Pandoras soon at the shop!

Would a "new" classic (if they're available in stock again) have the faulty LCD cable issue?

Also, how good of a buy is it at this point?

I'm not meaning compared to the upcoming Pyra but more, apart from the obvious emulators (PSP), is it powerful enough to run the latest apps coming out on the repo?

Would a "new" classic (if they're available in stock again) have the faulty LCD cable issue?

Also, how good of a buy is it at this point?

I'm not meaning compared to the upcoming Pyra but more, apart from the obvious emulators (PSP), is it powerful enough to run the latest apps coming out on the repo?
For most PND yes, but the most graphicaly (or optimised) intensive PND will work better on a Gigahertz.

PPSSPP, Mupen64 works (much) better on a Gigahertz than a CC.

Eldritch or Tasty Static don't run at all on a CC (they crash or don't render properly).

But most other PND will run well on CC.

So tempting...

I put in for an update when a 1Ghz is available.

How different in performance is the Rebirth vs. the 1 Ghz?

I'm happy. Parts have been delivered and fitted -- new case, new nub, new LCD cable, new LCD digitizer... It's good as new, with the added bonus that the touchscreen can now be used without requiring 900 giganewtons of pressure. One word of caution regarding the cases: the new one did not have the pen housing bit that clips over the SD card ports so make sure to keep the one from the previous case.

The new LCD cables look highly improved over the iteration that was in my 1GHz unit. Instead of that thick, conductive screening foil tape that was stuck onto the back of the original cable, the new one has a very thin conductive layer as part of the cable, making for a much thinner and noticeably more flexible cable. They should (hopefully) fare considerably better.

How different in performance is the Rebirth vs. the 1 Ghz?
In real live... i see no difference.
Really? It has a faster memory and system bus speed. The GPU is a tad faster as well. Many 1GHz units can be overclocked to close to 1.3GHz. The better performance is mostly only noticeable on CPU and 3D heavy applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question, will there be any more Pandoras for sale, or have they all been sold out? I was really hoping to grab a Rebirth with my next pay check :(

Just a question, will there be any more Pandoras for sale, or have they all been sold out? I was really hoping to grab a Rebirth with my next pay check :(
I don't know if they've got anymore, but have you checked the trading section of the forum, I believe there are a few for sale there right now.

Is there a chance there will be some fully populated (With nubs) 1Ghz PCB's available soon? Or are they all gone?

Is there a chance there will be some 1 GHz Pandora's at the shop? Or they are all sold? :)

We should still be able to get a few GHz ones (not too many though), but right now, we're working on the Rebirths :)

No pandora available on Dragonshop :(

Are there plans to produce additional 1GHz units ?

No pandora available on Dragonshop :(

Are there plans to produce additional 1GHz units ?

There should be some left.

I haven't refurbished the Gamescom Pandoras yet (and I don't think anyone else did)

They are completely working, only need a new housing and maybe screen. Board is new and fully working.

Some little chance is left.

You can subscribe to the notification list on the product page... though usually, when I put GHz Pandoras back in stock, they sell within minutes, so you need to be fast.

I already subscribed. I also manually check "in case of".

I have limited access to internet, so I suppose it will be a matter of luck and time zone (I live in Japan) to get one ...

Wait for someone else to get a Pyra and then buy their second-hand Pandora? :D

Back