More Pandoras soon at the shop!

Wish I could have gotten one of the aluminum cases :(
I wish I did too, and probably everyone else that preordered them feels the same, and maybe some that were waiting to see them before putting up their money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Please let me know when you have the next batch of the Pendora 1Ghz available. I am so despirately looking forward to get one :(

Well reportedly, they're selling out pretty quickly these days once ED puts any stock up, but the email should be sent as soon as he puts any up, and if you react as soon as you get the email, you've the best chance of snagging one - he's not posting anywhere else about new units as far as I've seen.  If you miss out, and there are none available when you check, I think you need to resubmit your email address.

There aren't going to be any more OpenPandora Rebirths or 1GHz, are there?

Yes, the final batch are still being manufactured, now the ED has LCD cables.  But once those are all gone, there will be no more main boards, so that'll be the last of the Pandoras.

Is it worth getting a spare LCD cable for a 1GHz model? It's one of the later ones from last year. How likely is that to be a point of failure these days?

I had the same question. See page 1 of theis topic:

I missed the whole LCD cable news. But What's withe the cable? 

Do I need a other one? I have a 1Ghz version.

Is it to improve, or are the current ones crap?

I've been living under a rock i guess when this issue was discussed......  ;)  
If you have a 1Ghz you "should" be fine, some of the earlier version of the cables had some wear issues although there can always be a freak breakage. Why this is a big topic now is that the LCD cables ran out and now are back in supply.

Is it worth getting a spare LCD cable for a 1GHz model? It's one of the later ones from last year. How likely is that to be a point of failure these days?
When my original cable broke, I ordered 8 replacements. They were also all original. I went through 6 of them (with one being DOA) before getting one which could last more than 3 months. Eventually I got a rebirth (and later a 1Ghz) with the newer cables and haven't had any problems with them since.Anecdotal evidence, but all I've got.

That's reassuring, thanks. I ordered the replacement for my original Pandora. I also haven't had any troubles with my beloved 1Ghz yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats great just moved into a new house and was on the phon all morning tring to get my dam internet changed  over took about 4hr goet it on and all ready missed the dam  1 ghz mega pack err hope there will be few more getting made been :)

Is it possible to purchase LCD cables without the speakers attached? Also ED do you plan to restock more LCD cables than the quantity currently available?

Why would you want them without the speakers? The price wouldn't change :)

The quantity in the shop does not reflect the amount of cables we have.

Once all remaining units have been built, the quantity will be updated to the real remaining quantity.

Why would you want them without the speakers? The price wouldn't change :)

The quantity in the shop does not reflect the amount of cables we have.

Once all remaining units have been built, the quantity will be updated to the real remaining quantity.
Thank you ED. In that case, I look forward to purchase a few items soon.

Back