More Pandora 2 crap (MicroSD Split)

Accusals of racism, and being a Nazi aside, the whole discussion of whether being smartly dressed affects recruitment decisions or not is mostly a sidetrack.

Nobody dislikes you for being an italian, or even for any imperfections in your use of english.

People who speak English as a second language, Italian or otherwise, are welcome here.

People who post sweeping, insulting comments are not.

This:

ah another one?how you call someone who just like to offend other people just because "english is not their native grammar"?and before yo ustart defend your grammar master,keep in mind that hewas the one who wrote something that offensive.unelss,of course,you're made out of his same "mold",so you agree on being racist on everyone who's not English native speaker.Funny thing is,that none of you,or the grammar nazi itself,dare repyling about the racist thing what people like you can't see was the juice of my affirmation.its undeniable that a good outfit yields to a better chance of having a job.I would never hire someone's who's dressed as a farmer for a banker job.but stating what he wrote before its just out of the oridnary.good to know i wasn't the only one accusing this,according to the topics posted above i'll leave you English noblemen with a quote:"if you're denying or avoiding the accusation you've been accused to,you're just part of of the accuse"

This:

that(the whole sentence)was quite offensive..like if a new outift would change things during an interview?many people here are not rich snobbish SOB like you,who shits money in the toilet every morning.many talented people like me and other aroudn here(and elsewhere)are just struggling to find a good job,or a job at all,because of various reasons,and YOU dare stating such idiotic nonsense like that?hope an admin bans you as quickly as possible..or rather,i hope you'll be broke soon..very soon..until you'll have to find money for something else than a "new job interview outfit"

and this:

ahh i see,you're one of those "English is not your native langauge"know-it.all..no,its not,i'm Italian.is that a problem for you,or other than being a snobbish money shitter (and a compulsive liar,because nobody who's ever been in both sides as you say,would ever admit to be on the "rich" side) you're also racist AND a grammar nazi?

...are offensive.

I'll even pick out the phases for you:

• snobbish money shitter
  • compulsive liar
  • racist
  • nazi
  • rich snobbish SOB
  • idiotic nonsense

---

As evidence that this community is not full of racists, I'll use matzesu as an example. His English is certainly not perfect, and slips towards German quite frequently, but nobody gets upset about it (not even Grench and I)

This is because he is polite and makes coherent, worthwhile posts.

I couldn't find which post your original quote came from (maybe it got edited out). You've got a pretty weak complaint as a result, since in contrast you keep spouting off foul language and simultaneously expecting people to side with your grief.

I haven't seen Grench make racist or offensive commentary of such nature. He works to be productive, unlike yourself. So there ends the analysis for me.

Can a mod please split this into off-topic?

Italians are welcome here.

It's the Irish we don't want.

Maybe in your anger you missed that you were kindly told by two people that this is not the right place to throw ugly insults at people. I myself am very offended by such words and hereby also kindly ask you to stop calling people "nazi" or "racist"!

If you are offended by something somebody said it is your right to complain and set things straight. But please do this in an appropriate manner. Insulting people is not appropriate, it only weakens your own position in the matter and lowers your reputation.

So please calm down and be reasonable. Thank you!

Please stop abusing the word "racist" like that. This reminds me of something that happened to me some time ago: I reviewed a crappy paper that was submitted to some conference, and I rejected it. It was crappy in many ways, one of which was the writing style (but more importantly, the actual content was also crappy). I ave quite detailed (constructive) criticisms on contents and style in my review. Coincidentally, the paper was authored by Italians. I don't know about the other reviews (the review process is anonymous), but the overall decision for the paper was rejection. Instead of improving the paper and trying again, they complained to the program chairs and called me a racist because, so they claimed, obviously I was rejecting the paper because it was written by Italians. Of course I couldn't care less about the nationality of the authors of a paper (or even about who the authors are, but in this case it was not a double-blind review process), and of course their complaining to the program chairs didn't change anything about their paper being rejected because it sucked, but it was quite annoying to be accused of being a racist.

Actually I'm a member of an anti-racism organization, and I'm offended by the way some people are abusing the word "racist" as a random insult like that, in a last-ditch argument in a losing discussion.

Thank you. There is no effective personal defense for this type of baseless accusation. A person can not prove a negative without some rather flexible logic.

Can we go back to talking about computers now?

Accusals of racism, and being a Nazi aside, the whole discussion of whether being smartly dressed affects recruitment decisions or not is mostly a sidetrack.

Nobody dislikes you for being an italian, or even for any imperfections in your use of english.

People who speak English as a second language, Italian or otherwise, are welcome here.

People who post sweeping, insulting comments are not.

I haven't seen Grench make racist or offensive commentary of such nature. He works to be productive, unlike yourself. So there ends the analysis for me.
Thank you for your analysis Binky.

Can a mod please split this into off-topic?
Mods - Please split or delete.

Thank you bismuthdrummer - it is appreciated.

Hilarious.
Because accused me of being an English Nobleman? Yeah - I agree. That bit IS a bit funny.

Mods, there's a lot to simply delete here.
I'm fine with that - delete away.

Just delete the whole thread.
And delete the idea of micro SD :D .
Yay - back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they will be relevant circles :)

Actually, I see no good reason for changing the storage arrangements in the P1 (apart from more/better built-in storage)

Grench will vehemently disagree with you, and we will run around in circles again.

I'm absolutely teeming with anticipation.

It should be obvious to anyone, regardless of what they want, that with OPT pushing an iCP2 sizes Pandora 2 and vehemently pushing against any full SD at all that one slot is the best we can hope for. Maybe Grench prefers that slot should be blown on the internal boot one, but surely he can understand that this is a subjective desire and most people wouldn't want this, and that they should go with what most people want over what he wants..

Grench will vehemently disagree with you, and we will run around in circles again.

I'm absolutely teeming with anticipation.
Hey, compared to the previous conversation, I'd take this any day.

It should be obvious to anyone, regardless of what they want, that with OPT pushing an iCP2 sizes Pandora 2 and vehemently pushing against any full SD at all that one slot is the best we can hope for. Maybe Grench prefers that slot should be blown on the internal boot one, but surely he can understand that this is a subjective desire and most people wouldn't want this, and that they should go with what most people want over what he wants..

My thing has always been that IF they P2 is going to be size restricted to where it can only have two slots, but MUST have one of them be internal due to the NAND being removed (boot card), that I would still like both the external AND the internal card to be full sized SDXC.

Ala the Nokia N800: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800

If a 3 slot machine is an option, then you can put microSD on the internal slot and I don't care much - just make sure the external slots get high speed connections.

Under the assumption that we're more likely dealing with a 2 slot computer, which fits with all the other info we have, I would like them to both be SDXC - regardless of whether one is 'inside' or 'outside'. I would like this option so much I'd rather have the device itself be wider if that space is used to allow them.

A device with only microSD (in & out) is simply unacceptable to my use of the device. In that case I'd wish the project well, but be very unlikely to purchase the next version.

SDXC outside and microSDXC inside - I would have to think about it. The mixed media types combined with compromising function (slot capabilities) for saving 1/4cc in device volume doesn't sit right.

Make the Pandora 2 computer a cm wider than the ICP2 and keep dual SDXC slots and we'll all be just fine. If one of those two slots has to move internal as a 'boot device' due to lack of internal NAND - then please still keep it as a full sized SDXC slot.

Simple.

The current design they're working with is 3 microSD slots, one internal. They probably won't move away from 3 slots. Arguing for them to have two full SD slots is hopeless. The more you do that the more you'll get back pictures showing "look how big these two SD cards are!", you're not going to see Craig say "well we'll look at just one full SD slot then." It's us who have to compromise, otherwise we're just making his position easier to defend...

Doesn't matter how trivial widening it seems to us, obviously they want it as close to iCP2 size as possible.

I think when Craig says 'the P2 must be the best handheld ever', he is not factoring in the priorities of the fanbase.

To me, best ever means massively versatile, well supported/documented hardware and software.

That does not describe a smartphone

I would much rather have one fullSD, and one microSD than three microSD

microSD sucks for swapping around

microSD capacities and speeds are (and always will be) behind full SD

fullSD is not dying any time soon

microSD is only 'more modern' in that it follows the crazy trends set by apple

I bought a pandora because I don't like smartphones, so did many others here.

For this reason, do not make the next pandora like a smartphone

Two external microSD slots is a daft idea, they are useless for swapping around

It's us who have to compromise, otherwise we're just making his position easier to defend...

Right.

I don't understand why Craig wants the ICP as base and not the Pandora. If so two full SD-slots wouldn't be a problem.

I can live with only one external full SD-slot and one external micro slot.

That's the best compromise I think.

Craig makes one bigger and I make one smaller.

I think the team is really falling short on this issue.

I see that everyone is busy with the iCP2 atm, and that ED seems to be of a similar mind to much of the community, but what we need is

communication

The impression I get is that everyone is afraid that Craig will make a bad decision.I want to be enthusiastic about the P2. Some of the proposed features sound wonderful (new keyboard, thinner, upgradeablility). However, a complete failure to provide fullSD (I'm fine if its an addon) is a big dealbreaker.

I'd love a clear explanation of why the P2 must be narrower, and what the prime considerations are when discussing size. What the difficulties with PCB layout are.

Are the team discounting community comments for good reasons, ignoring them, or taking them on board?

a classic Ed newspost would help here, when the time is right (and thats Before the decisions have been made, btw!)

The 'be modern', 'will get better', 'there is no room' arguments are lame for reasons mentioned earlier.

If there is no room make some the P2 does not have to be crippled and undersized

Please, OPT, convince me that the P2 is worth a premium, and that the 'open' in your name is worth the more than four characters of ascii.

Back