More Pandora 2 crap (MicroSD Split)

Macbook airs, for example, have a pitiful smattering of sockets
Maybe an extreme example, but i'd rather have other things like ethernet and pcimcia slots

Also not:
Apple, the thin king, includes SD slots on thier laptops
Thats not to say that size considerations are comparable between a laptop and a pandora, but it does suggest that even in a world of cut-down & thin, there is and will be room for fullSD
I want my P2 to be a baby laptop, not a mutant phone

Do people complain about the P1 being too big in the x and y dimensions more than they are complaining about loosing the SD slots?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would a survey sent out to all pandora owners be a good idea.

The opinions of people in this thread are obvious, but then we are the more vocal ones

this whole thread and most of its posts are TLDR. fail, reboot user. less is more

LOOK stop waving your old but quite large floppies around.

It's not the size that counts, it's the thickness....

zipdisks are the answer!

I recently binned two Iomega Zip disk drives together with loads of disks. They were the future (back in the mid 1990s!) 100MB (then 250MB) of data on one disk? Yes please!!! And then 750MB came. That was just overkill and would be completely impossible to fill! ;)

I remember the words of the guy at the store, that sold my grandfather this 486 PC:

"And you have a 100 MB harddrive! You can't produce so much data in years."

Lol

to be fair... my parents laptops have something like 250GB+ in their laptops and they barely use more than 10GB they don't really save anything huge... just office documents/occasional photos.

Hey Binky thanks for clarifying your point. So I took a look at the Macbook Air. This isn't just a thinner laptop. It's an ultra thin laptop designed to be very thin and light. That's why they call it the Macbook Air. They went with flash storage to keep it thin and ultra light and it's less than an inch thick. This is pretty much an extreme case. The 11 inch unit doesn't have an SD slot but the 13 inch unit does because there is more area (space) to put it. Not long ago I saw someone mention that they wish the Pandora had an Ethernet port. Someone told him to use a USB to Ethernet adapter. I guess if one had to use Ethernet on their Macbook Air they could use one of the two USB 3 ports for an adapter (not optimal for you I know). The device weighs 2.96lbs. About 4 times the weight of a Pandora. I don't even like Apple but I had to admit that that's pretty impressive!

Do people complain about the P1 being too big in the x and y dimensions more than they are complaining about loosing the SD slots?
I don't know. I wasn't even aware of much criticism towards the Pandora until you mentioned that some people thought it too thick. I thought maybe you guys definitely knew about it after I saw your post so that's why I asked.

Also I think an owner survey is an excellent idea! There's lots of good ways to go about this and get some real customer feedback. Whoever does the polling (writes it) should be as non partial as possible. Bias has a way of sneaking into your questions even though you aren't aware that your questions or statements are skewed and slanted. Here's an excellent example of what I mean.

Dredd I checked out the video of the game you made. I'm really impressed! You picked some really cool music for the video. Did you make the music yourself?

Why can't we have delay-line memory with a backup battery for persistent storage?

It makes programming so much more fun :)

---

I'm thinking about questionnaire questions and how to avoid bias...

I could deal with that! Binky nice chatting with you. My situation has changed and I'm going to bail. Binky I really like your style and wish you the best(everyone else as well even grinch err grench). Feel free to celebrate all! :) You'll probably not have to deal with my obnoxious posting style and such anymore. Good luck with the project and I wish you all and the team the very best for as many years to come as possible.

-O

Best wishes for the future :)

Do come back if time/real life allow - we mustn't let the the most vocal posters become to complacent about their opinions ;)

I could deal with that! Binky nice chatting with you. My situation has changed and I'm going to bail. Binky I really like your style and wish you the best(everyone else as well even grinch err grench). Feel free to celebrate all! :) You'll probably not have to deal with my obnoxious posting style and such anymore. Good luck with the project and I wish you all and the team the very best for as many years to come as possible.

-O
Too bad, would have destroyed you with my next post :D Good luck with your new situation, and come back as soon as time allows you to.

Reading Eds latest posts, it seems I will have a go with a possible P2 Ed - Edition.

ok ... I know you guys were just joking, and I know this will never be an option, but if you could boot your Amiga games straight from a floppy drive (which can be attached to the bottom of the device for example), that would be coolest thing ever!

(Imagine you sit in a train and already got strange looks from the guy next to you, and then you pull an old floppy disk out of your bag and KRRRRRNNNNZZZZ-tk-tk-tk-tk-PPRRNNNNNNK :D )

I actually found some old DOS games I only have on Floppies, and then realized that none of our PC's has a floppy drive any more ... I'm seriously thinking about buying a USB floppy drive (if hey still exist). But maybe that's just me.

Right, back to topic, sorry for the spam.

ok ... I know you guys were just joking, and I know this will never be an option, but if you could boot your Amiga games straight from a floppy drive (which can be attached to the bottom of the device for example), that would be coolest thing ever!

(Imagine you sit in a train and already got strange looks from the guy next to you, and then you pull an old floppy disk out of your bag and KRRRRRNNNNZZZZ-tk-tk-tk-tk-PPRRNNNNNNK :D )
:D :D :D

I actually found some old DOS games I only have on Floppies, and then realized that none of our PC's has a floppy drive any more ... I'm seriously thinking about buying a USB floppy drive (if hey still exist). But maybe that's just me.
I still got EcoQuest 1 on 5,25" Floppies (it was way cheaper than the Version with 3,5" floppies back then), no clue how to get them on my Laptop

I had a collection of Apple II floppy sounds - wanted to modify linapple to emulate the seeking and stuttering and mechanical whirr sounds... sigh.

Dredd I checked out the video of the game you made. I'm really impressed! You picked some really cool music for the video. Did you make the music yourself?

Thanks, that's one of the music tracks in the game. I edited that one to make it a bit shorter, but I did not make that music. Some people reckon the game is a bit difficult, the secret is to read the doc first.

Back