Microsoft XBOX ONE

Meanwhile, elsewhere on teh interwebz, dark deeds are afoot:

SuperDAE, the super hacker behind the biggest hack in gaming history, has released his “insurance torrent”. Clocking in at 1.7 TB (yes, terabytes), it promises to hold (...) documents pertaining to unreleased Xbox One and PlayStation 4 information.

I’ve seen what is in these files and it’s certainly a lot more than you’d expect (or maybe not, considering it’s almost 2TB). Droves of unreleased items and leaked content galore. Certainly not something these companies would want getting out.
http://levelsave.com/superdaes-insurance-torrent-is-live-promises-boatload-of-leaked-content/

I see XB Live is being updated to something similar to Playstation Plus where you get free games each month.

That was one of the things that was tempting me towards a PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kWSIFh8ICaA?feature=oembed
Hsb8qEq.gif

vLNmkwF.png

Sad, but it looks like MS have seriously fucked up to the point that they've become irrelevant if the news coming out of E3 is what it seems.

D.

Finally got round to watching the MS press conference, just going through it now.

One thing I have thought of though while skipping all the waffle.

The reason I have heard that 360 games cannot be made to work on XB1 is because they have a different processor 360=PowerPC XB1=X86

Surely though the original XB had a Pentium processor and quite a few games for that were able to be made to run on the 360 with a patch.

So apparently its a good thing MS had the fallback plan of selling Xbones as set top TV boxes (!) :eek: That is for the people that dont mind their children being spied on with HD cameras in their bedrooms by god only knows who...

I noticed that the guy doing voice searches on kinect always puts his hand in his pocket when he speaks to search.

Its funny really.so many companies have tried the all in one box under the telly and failed...

Xbox one looks like a vcr or such.

By looking so generic it might not stand out.

Hate the look of the new 360.

I laughed at the bit about indie developers, having heard some of the feedback about how they were treated on the 360.

Actually, since I have one of those CDTVs in front of me, still working, one thing they should have brought back was disc caddies. Replaceable ones.

They keep the disc safe from mistreatment, and would result in far fewer badly scratched used games.....

They also make inserting discs feel more like a cross between cartridges and floppies. Satisfying tactile and auditory beginning to loading a game.

Can't wait for your kinect 'watching Tv adverts' achievement awards?

Apparently MS are emailing their subscribers to prod them into preordering, so they can secure themselves the...... shiny....... totally awesome....... lord of bragging rights.....

XBOX ONE PREORDER achievement -

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/microsoft-store/achievement/79692-Xbox-One-Preorder.html

Ensure that the most powerful console ever made will be delivered to you on day one.
bib sounds.. oddly familiar... ;)

Comments posted under it don't seem to appreciate the awesomenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing the Xbox fanboyz on there (with very high Gamerscores), stating that they're jumping ship to PS4. Just wow! All this praise for Sony and they haven't actually done anything! Sony just announcing that there is no DRM or second had restrictions brings a minute of adulation. At the last console launch people would have sat on there hands and said "So?" The times they are a changing...

Its funny really.so many companies have tried the all in one box under the telly and failed...

Xbox one looks like a vcr or such.
cdtvfrontok.jpg

D.
Yup.  I have a cdtv as well. It still feels surprisingly modern. Would have been sweet in the 90's to have one of these.

Im probably gonna sell mine as i dont use it much and it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

I'm sensing deja vu.

It was E3 2005 I think. Perhaps 2006. The PS3 was announced and Sony took a hard stance on pricing: the future of gaming was going to cost $100 a piece. They had dominated the previous generation with the PS2 and presumably figured they could use their clout to drive the market higher. Unfortunately Nintendo and Microsoft did not play along, and Sony got a sound whooping out of the door, very humbling. They recovered nicely but they lost their dominance.

While it can easily be proven that the Wii is the winner in terms of raw console sales during the last generation, I think it's safe to say the 360 dominated the "core" market of people who bought more than 5 games. With this substantial number of supporters they saw an opportunity to shape the market the way they saw fit with changes to DRM and second hand sales.

Nintendo and Sony aren't playing along, and Microsoft is going to get a sound whooping out the door.

I'm sensing deja vu.

It was E3 2005 I think. Perhaps 2006. The PS3 was announced and Sony took a hard stance on pricing: the future of gaming was going to cost $100 a piece. They had dominated the previous generation with the PS2 and presumably figured they could use their clout to drive the market higher. Unfortunately Nintendo and Microsoft did not play along, and Sony got a sound whooping out of the door, very humbling. They recovered nicely but they lost their dominance.

While it can easily be proven that the Wii is the winner in terms of raw console sales during the last generation, I think it's safe to say the 360 dominated the "core" market of people who bought more than 5 games. With this substantial number of supporters they saw an opportunity to shape the market the way they saw fit with changes to DRM and second hand sales.

Nintendo and Sony aren't playing along, and Microsoft is going to get a sound whooping out the door.
It is always interesting to see how everyone is always testing how far they can go and how they all are thrown back by competitors on a regular basis.

Maybe ED needs to make a console to fill the niche again sometime. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed at the bit about indie developers, having heard some of the feedback about how they were treated on the 360.
i also lol'd at how they said theyre supporting indie developers, then all they show is minecraft xbone edition....

Back