- Oct 8, 2005
- Melbourne, VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA
These are the specs for the new Xbox 360, which include a "custom Kinect port," a new system fan that's "as quiet as a PS3," according to Microsoft, and some other noteworthy changes, like the official death of Memory Units.
- Touch Sensitive Buttons - turn the Xbox 360 on or off and eject a disc with the swipe of a finger
- Whisper Quiet - Whether you're playing a DVD disc or from the hard drive or navigating the dashboard, with the all-new and much quieter Xbox 360, the only noise you'll hear is your own laughing, cheering and playing
- Wi-Fi - Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi for fast, easy connection to your friends and entertainment on Xbox LIVE.
- Hard Drive - 250GB internal, swappable hard drive for even more storage. To access, remove the bottom panel by pushing the small tab toward the front of the console.
- Kinect-ready - Custom Kinect port on the back of the console that directly hooks up to the Kinect sensor for controller-free fun.
- USB Slots - Five USB ports, three in the back and two in the front.
- Power Supply - Smaller and more efficient. Xbox 360 250GB and Xbox 360 Original power supplies are not interchangeable.
- Wireless Controller - The award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller matches the console in all black with color-matched thumbsticks and directional pad with a touch of gloss and chrome to complete the look.
- Backward Compatible - Your favorite accessories and games will work with Xbox 360 250GB. Xbox 360 external hard drives and Memory Units are not compatible.
- Under AU $550?
- A touch sensitive power button was something that the PS3 phat had already achieved in 2006.
- Whisper quiet was already what PS3 Slim was doing...last year. Nothing new here.
- WiFi - n...not really needed as it's a non-portable console.
- Looks like all the current 360 owners who are planning to get this new model will have to use the good old HDD transfer cable thing, if still compatible.
- Kinect ready = Meh
- 5 USB slots? A bit over-kill, don't you think? And they're probably not even USB 3.0 (too expensive to put at the moment?). PS3 had 4 to begin with and removed 2 when the PS3 Slim was released, so once again...nothing really new.
- Smaller PSU, but not built in (inside) to the console = FAIL
- Controller looks and sounds exactly the same to me, so me. I hate using, as it's uncomfortable as a mofo.
- Not 100% backward compatible with current 360 accessories.
- Price is too high, imho.