Mediagoblin - Youtube but open and distributed?

abc

Hi there,
it's been a while since my last time activity at this community, but anyway, when I saw this picture, the memories of retro gaming just popped up:

how_to_unlock_aveyah.png

And maybe the Mediagoblin project is also interesting for the game art community here. It's an decentralized, self-hosting approach using a python/django open source service to stop the big media hoster as Youtube, flickr, soundcloud, ... etc. So they unite all that media channels and give it back to the users.
Currently they do a crowdfunding for the 1.0 features and even if the most essential stuff is alread covered (e.g. federation to let the servers work together), there is a lot of nice stuff that might can be done if they reach the next barrier:
http://mediagoblin.org/news/almost-there.html

AFAIK currently there is a special deal that doubles every donation, so you might think about sending a smal present till friday ;)

how_to_unlock_aveyah.png

I sent them some monies. Wonder if the grant is something that kicks in at 46k, or if its added to every donation afterwards..?

If its the former then its all of a sudden at 56k, which is close to funding the second thing.

That's what it says - 46k = 56k.

Those rewards are a bit crap though. Woo $100 t-shirt! I'm not saying do horse armour, but actually some sort of badge or something you could put on the site would be more appropriate than mailing out physical crud.

Back