Media Reports

greendots said:
So we will receive our Pandora's in the year 4020 or 4 months after that?

Hopefully it wont be that long, but if it comes sooner in my lifetime I'll be very pleased :lol:
And yes I meant durations, In my eye's they've not done much else wrong although things about bringing it to market would've hopefully been learned just for their own sanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that Engadget posts most of their articles like they're promoting (advertising) mindlessly sometimes (no, a lot of their blog seems like a big advertisement lot of the time). Once in a blue moon it's a good article on there; on the flip side they are quite quick at getting the scoop (minus skewed views)...

I moved away from another good site, Geek.com, which actually posts both the good and bad in gadgets and the like. Thing is, that site hasn't changed one bit (which isn't a bad thing, I used to slack off in class reading editorials from that site way back). If they post something, they post the news article (well, they have to rewrite it so it's not copypasta), but they don't make it seem like an advertisement, and I haven't seen them twist one article to suit their needs. Also their opinion is usually in the final paragraph (if any), not buried in the article itself.

I've asked them to follow the Pandora, since their site has improved over the years (used to be filled with troll posts, and more recently spambots) and their views aren't overly positive as to promote (advertising), and not overly negative as to trash something either (one of the few gadget/geek blogs that actually has some form of neutrality in this respect).

Has anyone seen the article about handheld consoles in this weeks Micro Mart ?

ged said:
Has anyone seen the article about handheld consoles in this weeks Micro Mart ?

I haven't, is the Pandora mentioned?

Found a mention here http://carrypad.com/2009/12/15/open-pandora-almost-reaches-production-with-mini-clamshell-gaming-hacking-device/

the pandora was in my micro mart magazine today was like ........... A PANDORA !, ha i pre ordered me one of those, they seem to thing the convention rate on the price means uk people pay 200 quid for it

Could you scan the article? I often flick though it as they seem the sort of mag which would cover the Pandora, but I've never noticed it in there.

Gruso said:
For the hell of it, here's a screencap of the Tuesday blog stats.

I like seeing the keyword list, there's some odd stuff in there sometimes.
I think it says something (not sure exactly what) that the pandorapress browser distribution is mostly Firefox, which isn't anywhere near the general market distribution.

BackAssward said:
Gruso said:
For the hell of it, here's a screencap of the Tuesday blog stats.

I like seeing the keyword list, there's some odd stuff in there sometimes.
I think it says something (not sure exactly what) that the pandorapress browser distribution is mostly Firefox, which isn't anywhere near the general market distribution.

Indeed. I was going to say something about me using Opera, but I fear it won't be relevant at all, so I won't.

Gruso said:
Do yourself a favour, don't get emotionally involved in the MaximumPC comments. "Nubs arent new, my PSP slim has one" :lol: Good luck with that, petal.
Hey wait, there's candy in the Pandoras?

Back