Media Reports

Ah well guess it depends on what you like. Personally I like slick modern looking gadgets that are also functional rather than clunky 80s rubber keyboards and 80s laptops with massive speaker vents and matte black plastic.

End of the day I dont really care that the Pandora doesnt please me asthetically that isnt why i pre ordered one. But if you guys honestly think the pandora looks like professionally designed cutting edge tech should then there is nothing more I can say to you about this subject.

Pandora looks homebrew, a design with meaning and soul :)
Streamlined modern disposable is not for me. It's like old cars. Rough beauty.

mali said:

Fair enough, I just think it looks more like a volvo than a corvette. ;)

I know which car I would rather be in during an accident though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
mali said:

Fair enough, I just think it looks more like a volvo than a corvette. ;)

I know which car I would rather be in during an accident though. :D

its all about perspective

volvo_coupe.jpg

1961corvette.jpg

and if you are fair a volvo from the same year as the corvette

volvo_history_1.jpg

;)

craigix said:
That engadget article is pretty wrong 'well in to the new year'. The case edits are not as major as people think. We are expecting an update tomorrow/monday.

That's all there is left to do.

Maybe they read all your "estimates" during the 14 months you hold on to other people's money, and take this estimate with the necessary mountain of salt?

You know, just like anyone else here, that a finished Pandora won't ship this year. After testing the 105 boards you decided on some changes. Did you already test the changed boards, or are you going to make 4000 boards without testing?
You decided on not trivial changes to the case. Now you again need to change molds, make a few samples, ship them, build them, test them, and only then (if the tests are successful) you may request making the 1000s of cases and ship them.
Do you already have the 4000 power supplies?

Christmas is 9 business days away. New year is 4 business days after that.

Sometimes it's not needed to point out the obvious as it's inherent.
This is Pandora.

aq21 said:
craigix said:
That engadget article is pretty wrong 'well in to the new year'. The case edits are not as major as people think. We are expecting an update tomorrow/monday.

That's all there is left to do.

Maybe they read all your "estimates" during the 14 months you hold on to other people's money, and take this estimate with the necessary mountain of salt?

You know, just like anyone else here, that a finished Pandora won't ship this year. After testing the 105 boards you decided on some changes. Did you already test the changed boards, or are you going to make 4000 boards without testing?
You decided on not trivial changes to the case. Now you again need to change molds, make a few samples, ship them, build them, test them, and only then (if the tests are successful) you may request making the 1000s of cases and ship them.
Do you already have the 4000 power supplies?

Christmas is 9 business days away. New year is 4 business days after that.

If anything, they just have to include a brand new PSP charger with each Pandora order. They could just order them cheap from Asia.

SONY said:
If anything, they just have to include a brand new PSP charger with each Pandora order. They could just order them cheap from Asia.

I think his point is that even doing something like that doesn't magically happen over night.. even best case it probably will take several days. This is just probably one of multiple things that get lumped into that magical 'trivial' category that it is assumed will just happen on their own instantly when needed or something.

Esn said:
mali, your profile image is freaking me out. (sorry for the OT)
I have a weird taste. Finding beauty where you don't predict it to be. It's just gothic art from someone on the web.
(equally sorry)

MooTheKow said:
I think his point is that even doing something like that doesn't magically happen over night.. even best case it probably will take several days. This is just probably one of multiple things that get lumped into that magical 'trivial' category that it is assumed will just happen on their own instantly when needed or something.
Wasn't there some discussion about an USB charger a while ago? I can't remember.

MooTheKow said:
SONY said:

There have been many, many instances of things "having no effect on the schedule", which when it gets down to it, turn out to be "just waiting for..." and then add another few days to the delay. I foresee the PSP chargers being just one of the many of those that are left.

It'll be the end of January, folks, I'm almost certain now. Of course, that could also read "February" and "March".

"The chargers have been ordered, but there's a delay in the stock at the supplier. Just one or two days"
"they're having trouble getting this amount in a short time, but they assure us it won't be many days"
"The silkscreening is not quite right, but it's a trivial change and won't affect case production"
"We've been let down by the stationers' - we just need to wait until after the weekend for the boxes"
"There's a holiday in <country X>"
"Customs want to inspect all our boxed cases, but they say it will only take a week"

D.

craigix said:
Apart from the fact we already have the chargers and they came from a UK company?
Thanks for the info :)
Was it mentioned before or is it the first time? Might be something for the blog.

mali said:
craigix said:
Apart from the fact we already have the chargers and they came from a UK company?
Thanks for the info :)
Was it mentioned before or is it the first time? Might be something for the blog.

Agreed. I'm sure there's more than one of us that hasn't got time to read every thread looking for gems like this in the forum. Isn't that what the blog is for? No offence.

You certainly don't want to be using those cheap non-sony PSP chargers on the Pandora. They won't work or could burn your house down.

craigix said:

Actually, that was not meant to be a dig at you or your mates. All those things would be completely out of your control. Let's face it, if you'd been able to actually just get on with it, we'd be playing with them by now.

D.

Beepo said:
Agreed. I'm sure there's more than one of us that hasn't got time to read every thread looking for gems like this in the forum. Isn't that what the blog is for? No offence.
Hehe, tbh I meant the Community Blog ;) The official one has its weaknesses for sure :) I'll just post the quote in the Community Blog thread now. I just checked the status page and the power adapters aren't mentioned at all in the list.

Back