Man this board is a bummer....

DaveC

Internal Development
For some of us old timers that is. At the other board I am a Guru with mega post count. Here I am a n00b. I feel so naked. Oh well I will live.

(The board itself is fine though :p )

Here's the good news: Your title, your status, your post count... even your name, they all don't define you. It's your acting that defines you. No need to feel naked - the way you act is ALWAYS under your control (you have NOT been kidnapped by monkeys recently, right?). So - don't care too much about what others think you are, for it doesn't change the way you actually are, and do like maplesugarlover said: start posting. :)

Also - hi! Nice too see you here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the good news: Your title, your status, your post count... even your name, they all don't define you. It's your acting that defines you. No need to feel naked - the way you act is ALWAYS under your control (you have NOT been kidnapped by monkeys recently, right?). So - don't care too much about what others think you are, for it doesn't change the way you actually are, and do like maplesugarlover said: start posting. :)

Also - hi! Nice too see you here.
Wise words, indeed. :)

Good to see you here, DaveC! :D

I have to say, the only thing I miss on this forum is the ability to set a custom user title. I miss being able to put bizarre things there that nobody gets or dares to ask about. :lol:

Now I am really screwed.
Don't worry. You can always rely on some random dude coming around and eventually doing something so incredibly stupid, you will be happy it wasn't you doing it.

Man, up to now this really is a nice forum, I'm really glad I came around. I hope the "old" guys here will pay attention to a random dude like me...

Who said that? Did anyone else hear anything just then?
Ah well, sometimes my sarcasm and self-irony just are a bit too totally subtle, I'm sorry. Talk about a

"random dude"

"coming around"

and doing something stupid... I'm not going to also emphasize these two on my previous post *nudge*. ;)

:)

Heh, if you say so. :)

I guess I was the one being dim so that everybody else could be glad it wasn't them, this time! :lol:

For some of us old timers that is. At the other board I am a Guru with mega post count. Here I am a n00b. I feel so naked. Oh well I will live.

(The board itself is fine though :p )

Just took a look at the member list sorted by postcount, I am being trailed by Craigix and EvilDragon (I feel good now B) )

I think the reset is refreshing, personally .. I got a bit sick of being kicked around by those Certified punks on the other board, and now everyone here is nice and equal'ish, it sorta makes things fresh again. Too many times I'd scan a thread in the old board, see a buncha guru posts, and forget about it ..

Here's the good news: Your title, your status, your post count... even your name, they all don't define you.
The flashy sports car in the driveway doesn't define us either, but it's fun to drive :p

(don't actually own a flashy sports car, nor do I want one, just forming an analogy :) )

Back