Looking For A Little Clarification On The Aesthetics

Craigix, sorry but that's not at all helpful and it's not the answer either. People in this thread don't even appear to be angry, they just want answers.

A simple, "Well it's been our intention for the internal workings of the case not to show on the exterior, but you guys know the Chinese company as well as we do. Oh and by the way look how good that battery lid looks?!" would have sufficed to douse any worries.

Now you've made me worried that the internal workings will be outlined on the exterior when I previously had trust and faith.

craigix said:
It's not a PSP or an iPhone.
I would not have pre ordered if the Pandora would be an PSP or iPhone. :lol:
I still trust the Team to make the Pandora as perfect as possible, they promissed it so why should they lie? I just wondered why the Chinese Factory seems to have some little trouble after half a year of developing the moulds. They are professionals and they worked for much bigger companies (I guess) so making a perfect case for the Pandora should be zero problem for them. Yes, I wrote I would not accept a Case like seen onto the Pictures but I KNOW we will get a far better result so no worries. ;) And no force in this universe can force me to cancel my preorder I would not cancel for a Million Euros because I just have strong Principles that are worth much more than money for me. Yo see, I still believe in the Pandora and in the Pandora Team. ;)

I STILL hope, the chinese Factory takes the Pandora Project as serious as other projects. A GOOD Company makes no Quality difference between large and small customeres...uh...at least not here in germany. ^^"""

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
Do any of you think anyone who works for the factory in Chain is trolling through these forums daily LAUGHING their ASSES OFF at the stuff we babble and the hatred of the factory and case debacle?
I'm sure some can read english or know how to use google translate!

I thought of this as well, and then I wondered if they can get here through the Great Firewall of China? Don't know much about their Internet traffic controls.

greendots said:
I think some of you might be surprised at what bead blasting the cases would fix. If any one has done this to metal you would find that the surface shine is quickly turned to texture that reflects light in all directions (similar to matte). Because of the dark case and the way the light is reflecting off that texture, Im sure there will be no evidence of expansion in the cases after the finish is applied.

Pretty much the same way Stucko on a ceiling hides the imperfections of the drywall joints.

Maybe I am too new to these forums, but Craigix didn't sound sarcastic to me.

I only ordered a few months ago and my wife has asked me a few times if I wanted to cancel and there is no way that I would cancel, mostly because I want this thing more than any other device that I have seen out there, it's the Pandora or nothing for me.

The Pandora is like the Millenium Falcon of handheld devices .. ugly as hell but man it will get you where you want to go faster than .. well ..

BDB66 said:
Maybe I am too new to these forums, but Craigix didn't sound sarcastic to me.

I only ordered a few months ago and my wife has asked me a few times if I wanted to cancel and there is no way that I would cancel, mostly because I want this thing more than any other device that I have seen out there, it's the Pandora or nothing for me.

I've been here for a long time and I feel the same way. There isn't anything as cool as what this team has created with their own hands. I've seen the amazing devs who have made games and ports for the GP32, Zodiac, GP2X and now the Pandora. I've seen the magic they can do. Yes, the delay makes me sad. Yes, I sent them my money in advance. This isn't a normal way of doing things, not with end users anyway. I also feel this is the one chance I have to obtain a device that I had only dreamed of. I have faith that this product will be released and I have faith that I will love it. The hardware and software shown so far have already exceeded my dreams. The fact that the Pandora exists at all blows me away. A few people on a forum decided to make their own dream device. They actually did it. It actually happened.

***A Plea to all Pandora developers, hardware and software:***

Do not give up. Do not lose hope. Do not get discouraged by mean spirited/ignorant comments.

You few people, working on the hardware and software for the Pandora, all the people who work in the offices and handle the e-mails, phone calls and shipping, all the family members of the developers who have shown inhuman amounts of patience and understanding while their loved ones devote their souls to this project.

Stay the course. Be resolute. You are all my respective heroes.

***Thank you***

craigix said:
It's probably better to cancel your order now rather than having to pay to return your Pandora for any slight imperfections you may be unhappy with.

It's not a PSP or an iPhone.

There's your answer chaps.

Enjoy your fucked up lids slight imperfection.

elinscheid said:

Do not give up. Do not lose hope. Do not get discouraged by mean spirited/ignorant comments.

***Thank you***

Don't worry, we won't. We're trying our best to bring our little machine to life!

Yes, a lot of things could be nicer, however, that could've only been done with A LOT more money than we had!

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
elinscheid said:

***Thank you***

Don't worry, we won't. We're trying our best to bring our little machine to life!

Yes, a lot of things could be nicer, however, that could've only been done with A LOT more money than we had!

I Think the Customer Service of the openPandora team has been awesome. Think about it what developer is going to go onto forums when they don't need to and address individual problems 1 by 1 last I checked I called Microsoft about my 3 red rings and was on hold for an hour and after another 30 min. of arguing and than they wanted me to pay them for a new one and didn't even apologize for that wait. Look I haven't been here long but from what I can gather these guys seem like honest people and put up alot of risk trying to get this project off the ground. It's not the most perfect or smoothest process but when is it ever a major gaming studios give you release dates all the time that get pushed back and when that happens people don't cancel their pre-orders, What makes this any different? Just take a step back and understand how big of an undertaking this is that's all I'm saying, this isn't Apple(as much as I love them) you know they don't have those kind of resources.

I want the Pandora to come out and be successful. Getting an answer on what the intention for the finish is, is all that's needed. I love the way the Pandora looks, but being able to see the outline of the internal structure has not been in my mind. It's not a deal breaker but if that's always been the intention then I certainly would have liked to know. Why everything has to be a with us or against us argument is silly. Let alone the whole order number crap again.

I don't think customers are trying to get on the devs backs either, the trolls perhaps but, the majority including me -- no.

TonyMontana702 said:
EvilDragon said:
elinscheid said:

***Thank you***

I Think the Customer Service of the openPandora team has been awesome. Think about it what developer is going to go onto forums when they don't need to and address individual problems 1 by 1 last I checked I called Microsoft about my 3 red rings and was on hold for an hour and after another 30 min. of arguing and than they wanted me to pay them for a new one and didn't even apologize for that wait. Look I haven't been here long but from what I can gather these guys seem like honest people and put up alot of risk trying to get this project off the ground. It's not the most perfect or smoothest process but when is it ever a major gaming studios give you release dates all the time that get pushed back and when that happens people don't cancel their pre-orders, What makes this any different? Just take a step back and understand how big of an undertaking this is that's all I'm saying, this isn't Apple(as much as I love them) you know they don't have those kind of resources.

We have all taken a step back and been patient and quiet. Many times.
My account is "recent" but I have been around for a long time (GP2X - had for years).

We just need to see some massive MP. We are all just getting upset and waiting. The Pandora is great - but by the specs it is dropping down the list when each new device comes out (mainstream).
Many devices are gaining a massive community following and becoming open sauce too. The Pandora is losing ground. Fast.

I am with Dead1nside on this ,can we all get an answer to the question regarding
the final cases for first batchers ? will they not be so perfect and have lines
and identations like the pictures of the case on the main page or will the case
look alot like the battery cover picture that has the finish applyed.

also will we be able to buy a more complete finished case for our Pandora
at a later date ,some dont really seem to care and just want the product
but i do care about these issues, this is all i am asking.

Pleaase bare in mind i do not wish to cancel my order ,i am only asking
a question, dam this place when you can't ask a question without all hell
breaking loose.

Paddy

I can't answer your question, but I do know that they have stated the intent to sell spares of everything - including cases - a number of times, if that's of any help.

A question for the Pandora Team: Will you be using this current factory for 3rd, 4th ecetera batches, or would you swap to another factory? Or is it tricky from your point of view, to find and start a new relationship with a new company and feel it would be best to stick with this current one?

Keep it up guys! I'm looking forward to this machine.

Just a normal day on the board. Circles of vultures for easy pickings "Yes you can add vulture pictures if you like" If my pandora came with a cardboard case I'd be happy, no imperfections are gonna sway me from this awesome piece of tech.

I figured it out!
They're releasing the "not perfect" cases for the first batch only!

THAT WAY we have a way to tell that we have a first batch!!

I wondered what the First Batches will have the 2nd+ batches will not, that way everyone knows we waiting all that time!! :huh:

kingoddball said:
We just need to see some massive MP. We are all just getting upset and waiting. The Pandora is great - but by the specs it is dropping down the list when each new device comes out (mainstream).
Many devices are gaining a massive community following and becoming open sauce too. The Pandora is losing ground. Fast.
But those devices do not give that unique warm feeling inside. That is priceless compared to those big name devices.

Back