Official Blog- Preparations For The Near Future

The best part about what he posted: All the remaining issues are software, and probably can be fixed in an easy update once they get worked out. Hence, there is little to no need to delay! Pandora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingoddball said:
I can't wait for some news!
So excited about these!
Has anyone heard when the cases will arrive?
I still think it will be quite awhile until they're ready to ship. :( :( :( :(
I'm so damn excited though! I'm getting ready to go out and grab some big SD Cards!
:pandora2ut4:
How dare you read my mind and post it before I could. :p

Yeah if anyone has seen some better deals than amazon you should let me know on 32GB because I already have a couple 8GB and one 16GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
just sit back and eat some popcorn.

I think they'll come Tue/Wed and We'll find out on Thurs.

Maybe earlier if shipped on the 15th (haven't been keeping up this weekend).

Guess I'll be getting mine just in time for GDC :lol:.

I hope this doesn't get buried but...

I don't know how Craigs shop looks like at the moment, but I got over 700 empty boxes lying around, waiting to be filled with Pandoras. We're ready to ship them out as fast as possible when they come in!

Is it still the case that USA customers can get their pandoras shipped straight from Texas?

Michael himself will probably spend 12-15 hours a day on the floor helping to build building these bad boys to get them to you all as fast as humanly possible. It's going to be an exhaustive and miserable process, but that will help speed things up a bit. Yep. You read right - some of you guys will actually get a Pandora assembled by the creator himself!
I'm afraid Michael will hate his creature after that.

Michael himself will probably spend 12-15 hours a day on the floor helping to build building these bad boys to get them to you all as fast as humanly possible. It's going to be an exhaustive and miserable process, but that will help speed things up a bit. Yep. You read right - some of you guys will actually get a Pandora assembled by the creator himself!

I hope that Michael is not going to be working those sort of hours - what with a few extra hours for getting food, travelling (possibly) etc, surely it would be unhealthy to work that sort of time. Not seem shifts like that since I saw that documentary on WoW addicts... :p

Seriously though, if anybody is going to be working that length of shift trying to get the pandoras out the door asap, personally I would prefer if there were shorter shifts (or multiple shift teams) just to prevent mistakes and accidents happening due to tiredness etc. I'm sure that a few extra days isn't going to have an impact considering how long we have been waiting already (and there is no immediate holiday target or anything).

Just my 2p's worth. :D ( Oh dear - I'm sounding like an old fuddy duddy health and safety officer now... ;) )

@ED&folks:
If you havent decided on a bluetooth GUI yet, take a look at this http://blueman-project.org/
specifications and screenshots look good to me :)

Defo said:
New blog post by ED-

Yep. You read right - some of you guys will actually get a Pandora assembled by the Creator himself!

Yay. Now, we may be certain that the Pandora team has connections in high places :eek: And, since someone (Exophase?) already established that God can just will Pandoras into existence, we can rest assured that the mass production will be quick and error-free :D

The English version tell us that the backlight turns off when closing the lid, while the German version tells us it's the screen.

If the new case doesn't "green light" can I have one assembled pandora with that latest case if there isn't anything major wrong with it? Judging from the latest videos from ED and Craig I'd say I can live with some errors.

1 week for green light
1 week for manufacturing in China
1 week for shipping to Texas
2 weeks for assembly of all units
1 week for shipping to Craig, ED etc
1 week for shipping to customers

6-7 weeks until all Pandoras have reached their customers, just my guesstimation if all goes without delays.

I'd say middle of Feb sounds realistic, unless of course Michael opens his parcel to find a bright pink piece of wood.

Experience tells me to remain calm until the fabled green light, but I still can't help feeling like it's Christmas 1983 again and I've been given a potato sack full of Starwars figures and an X-wing.

Awakening said:
1 week for green light

6-7 weeks until all Pandoras have reached their customers, just my guesstimation if all goes without delays.
thats less than... i cant bring myself to say it!

Awakening said:
1 week for green light

This looks like a very good guesstimate! I would say it's right in the middle of what could happen if the cases get the green light this week. I think in the best case(which I'm sure won't happen)we could see units heading out to customers in 2-3weeks. Now in the worst case I would say 8-12weeks. So 6-7 is right in the middle. I'm sure once we hear back on case quality, Craig, Ed, Or Michael will give a detailed plan of how the next several weeks will play out(seeing as Michael needs to book a flight). My fingers are crosses one more time! <_<

Chris

Hi,

So many things could go wrong, so many uncertainties, so many should, will, as soon as, and when IMHO ... It sounds like "Two More Months" (at least) to me.

With some luck I'll have mine for my 28th birthday in May :)

Bye, Sam

jumpman said:
This looks like a very good guesstimate! I would say it's right in the middle of what could happen if the cases get the green light this week. I think in the best case(which I'm sure won't happen)we could see units heading out to customers in 2-3weeks. Now in the worst case I would say 8-12weeks. So 6-7 is right in the middle. I'm sure once we hear back on case quality, Craig, Ed, Or Michael will give a detailed plan of how the next several weeks will play out(seeing as Michael needs to book a flight). My fingers are crosses one more time! <_<
It's gonna take 2-3 weeks just to get the parts to Texas and I believe you have to add like 2 weeks for assembly and shipping so 4-5 weeks before the first MP Pandoras enters the homes of the lucky ones.

To those 6-7 week I think we should add 1 more week of possible logistic delays, so 6-8 weeks from now until all preorders are delivered.

I hope Craig got people helping him packing and sending out those ~3000 Pandoras...

Back