Likes 2.0

We have a "like" function here? :blink:

Hm, I guess I have to check my browser settings and stuff, I somehow missed that function. ^^ However, we are not Facebook so who really eeds all these newfashioned social functions anyways, right? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hm, I guess I have to check my browser settings and stuff, I somehow missed that function. ^^ However, we are not Facebook so who really eeds all these newfashioned social functions anyways, right? ;)
Dislike. :p

Almost a year since officially joined, yet first and only post I'll ever like. Yeah, I like a post about disliking likes. Quite the irony, isn't it ? :D

Likes in social media are about as extensive as saying "I noticed this post". It's no use simply liking or disliking something. What matters is saying why you like or dislike it. Especially dislike.

I don't think I'd be building a personality when putting a like on a post. Saying a kind word is much better at that.

Likes are the Fluttershy way of liking : you like someone's sayings, but you tell him so quietly that he won't notice anyway.

Discussing about likes? 

Thats like a new level of retardedness.
It's just a light discussion. No need for the use of derogatory words towards the OP...me.
Thats just how i talk, just imagine emoticons in my posts. 

I certainly wont add them just because some dumbheads wont get if a line is a joke or not. 

And i am ALWAYS joking. 

Discussing about likes? 

Thats like a new level of retardedness.
It's just a light discussion. No need for the use of derogatory words towards the OP...me.
Thats just how i talk, just imagine emoticons in my posts. 

I certainly wont add them just because some dumbheads wont get if a line is a joke or not. 

And i am ALWAYS joking. 
Yeah.  Don't make us use emoticons.  I can never figure out what is appropriate.  Chances are I am joking.

Extra points for "dumbheads".

Likes do serve a purpose here.  They give people a way to indicate agreement with a post without having to post just to say "I agree" or worse "+1". 

Loading each page of the forum takes time,  and loading a thread to read a new comment and only seeing "+1" is something I for one find somewhat frustrating,  so I appreciate having the like system to fulfil that purpose.

Incidentally, while it doesn't happen often I do occasionally find myself up against the daily limit, so I too would like to see it increased.

-Neelix

Likes do serve a purpose here.  They give people a way to indicate agreement with a post without having to post just to say "I agree" or worse "+1". 

Loading each page of the forum takes time,  and loading a thread to read a new comment and only seeing "+1" is something I for one find somewhat frustrating,  so I appreciate having the like system to fulfil that purpose.

Incidentally, while it doesn't happen often I do occasionally find myself up against the daily limit, so I too would like to see it increased.

-Neelix
True, I believe that was the intent when the like system was implemented. I personally don't see any issue with increasing the like numbers. 

No dislikes please!

+1 for the

seal-of-approval-meme.jpg

Dislikes will cause some 'sensitive' people here to eventualy self-censor anything they may want to type... they may get so nervous they stop posting alltogether.

They will take them waaay to personally, and quite frankly... I love it when people talk rubbish on here... it's the best!

hakmanplayer wherefore art thou?

Edit: And your parrot.

Edit Edit: That's actually what I'm most excited about when the Pyra is out in the wild...

Oh the fun we'll have!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dislikes will cause some 'sensitive' people here to eventualy self-censor anything they may want to type... they may get so nervous they stop posting alltogether. They will take them waaay to personally, and quite frankly... I love it when people talk rubbish on here... it's the best!
Dislike.

Why not?  Mods have extras, right?  Just give us lowly members what they have, and give them however many they want.

If facebook had a dislike button they would be out of business.

Everything they do is designed to keep people on there and contrive connections between them.

Lets replace likes with a currency. 

You can only spend what you get. 

Or exchange new ones by bribe begging at a mod.

Back